Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

3 points short and sweet to show what would make warriors a viable choice next season for arena teams.

1.) Shockwave would be cool if 5sec reduction/target with a maximum of 4 targets for a 20second cd. Higher skill cap and more rewarding for hitting multiple targets.

2.) Warriors are extremely susceptible to death in stuns, especially vs casters or shadowblades. I want a ability I can use proactively that is not a passive when I see a stun coming such as 20% magic/physical dmg reduction on a 1min cooldown if a warrior successfully uses this while swapping to defensive stance it will be extremely rewarding and a higher skill cap. A 2min/5min defensive + a 15% passive is too weak for a class with low CC in 5.2.

3.) Slam is only rewarding with cds, other than that it makes pvp warrior rotation feel clunky while slowing/disarming etc and too few globals to accomplish it all. Adding Glyph of Hindering Strikes to Slam would completely fix this clunky feel while not affecting pve dmg.
\
\Here is a forum you can post to if you have any thoughts lets keep this positive
http://us.battle.net...2002?page=7#135

Edited by Duncan, 25 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#2 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostDuncan, on 25 February 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

3 points short and sweet to show what would make warriors a viable choice next season for arena teams.

1.) Shockwave would be cool if 5sec reduction/target with a maximum of 4 targets for a 20second cd. Higher skill cap and more rewarding for hitting multiple targets.

2.) Warriors are extremely susceptible to death in stuns, especially vs casters or shadowblades. I want a ability I can use proactively that is not a passive when I see a stun coming such as 20% magic/physical dmg reduction on a 1min cooldown if a warrior successfully uses this while swapping to defensive stance it will be extremely rewarding and a higher skill cap. A 2min/5min defensive + a 15% passive is too weak for a class with low CC in 5.2.

3.) Slam is only rewarding with cds, other than that it makes pvp warrior rotation feel clunky while slowing/disarming etc and too few globals to accomplish it all. Adding Glyph of Hindering Strikes to Slam would completely fix this clunky feel while not affecting pve dmg.
\
\Here is a forum you can post to if you have any thoughts lets keep this positive
http://us.battle.net...2002?page=7#135
Lets give warriors more defensive abilities to cycle through why da fuck not

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Rather than everyone be like ferals and spriest and having a dozen different cd's I would rather more classes be like warriors, where popping defensive cd's like shield wall forces you to stop being offensive, and you have to pop things preemptively  like dstance/shieldwall, that actually rewards skill, though in the current game you can prewall a deep/bomb/whatever and still die it in, which is cool.

#4 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Warriors are completely fine on the ptr - they take somewhat more dmg than they should. A 5-10% damage reduction on battle stance and defensive stance at 20% (since warrior damage in defensive stance is really low and you can't camp it) would be what we need at most. I agree with the hindering strikes change.  The rotation is not at all clunky - if you play it right you do tons of damage, if you fuck up you do no damage and it should stay as is.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#5 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 26 February 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Rather than everyone be like ferals and spriest and having a dozen different cd's I would rather more classes be like warriors, where popping defensive cd's like shield wall forces you to stop being offensive, and you have to pop things preemptively  like dstance/shieldwall, that actually rewards skill, though in the current game you can prewall a deep/bomb/whatever and still die it in, which is cool.
Wall is like the worst defensive cd in the game and both of our defensive cds can't be used while disarmed which is the same stupid mechanic as dks and silence

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#6 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postoriginn, on 25 February 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Lets give warriors more defensive abilities to cycle through why da fuck not
The cooldown king rogue comments on warriors getting a 4th defensive cd, when you have the most small cooldowns defensively and a feint that you can basically maintain until your shadowdance is back up.
We either need more survivability, or cc.
I guess you would rather see a warrior have gag order, and warbringer stun again?

Also warriors are fine in a since, but we are not on par with the average classes making us a terrible choice to play with in arenas, and that is not even comparing us to the overpowered classes I just want to be a viable choice that if played with skill can make us a viable choice.  Also warriors on the PTR have no longevity in arenas in comparison.

Edited by Duncan, 26 February 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#7 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

1) I agree. I think the CD on Shockwave should just be 30seconds base line, personally. But that idea is better than the current version.

2) I don't really agree with this. As far as melee classes go, warriors are one of the more "tanky(er)" classes when it comes to stuns. We can have a passive 15% damage reduction, second wind and even mortal strike glyph... Hell, you can even Bladestorm out of stuns/CC if used within .5 of it landing.

3) I am meh about this. The new Warbringer is actually quite awesome with the passive snare and Blitz. And it's still better to use MS>Slam during CS for the most "possible" damage. Obviously cannot be used in all situations, but is still an option for more damage than MS>OP in CS. But I like the idea of having to use hamstring sometimes.. This idea would make warrior snares completely passive(more so than current live version...)

But to be honest, I feel like the only issue with warriors is that the majority of their control/utility talents is stuns.
If you want to go with more of a "control" build with the warrior class, you end up with a lot of short duration stuns.. Warbringer(3sec), Storm Bolt(3sec) and Shockwave(4sec).

It would be much better, in my opinion, if Storm Bolt were a silence and Warbringer a root with the snare.

Oh, and Mass Spell Reflection is still a 1min CD. WTB 30-45sec CD on it.

Edited by Deonto, 26 February 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#8 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostDeonto, on 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

1) I agree. I think the CD on Shockwave should just be 30seconds base line, personally. But that idea is better than the current version.

2) I don't really agree with this. As far as melee classes go, warriors are one of the more "tanky(er)" classes when it comes to stuns. We can have a passive 15% damage reduction, second wind and even mortal strike glyph... Hell, you can even Bladestorm out of stuns/CC if used within .5 of it landing.

3) I am meh about this. The new Warbringer is actually quite awesome with the passive snare and Blitz. And it's still better to use MS>Slam during CS for the most "possible" damage. Obviously cannot be used in all situations, but is still an option for more damage than MS>OP in CS. But I like the idea of having to use hamstring sometimes.. This idea would make warrior snares completely passive(more so than current live version...)

But to be honest, I feel like the only issue with warriors is that the majority of their control/utility talents is stuns..and very short duration stuns at that.

If you want to go with more of a "control" build with the warrior class, you end up with a lot of short duration stuns.. Warbringer, Storm Bolt and Shockwave.

It would be much better, in my opinion, if Storm Bolt were a silence and Warbringer a root with the snare.

Oh, and Mass Spell Reflection is still a 1min CD. WTB 30-45sec CD on it.

15% passive on d stance you can't sit on it on the ptr so you know you will do no damage. Honestly Bladestorm is not a choice.  Also Mass spell reflect is not a choice unless you run a melee/caster/pally to get you out of roots. Passive 15% is too low to stop anything that is bursty it has to be complemented with more reduction via a cd or you will die in a deep on u/silence on healer on ptr.  I don't want passive reductions I want something that can skillfully be used such as feint but not on as short a cd or as much reduction.  Not anything that can be used while stunned either as this is too much.

#9 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I Agree with Denoto for the most part.

Although if your complaining about warrior survivability especially in stuns you should try playing an elemental shaman in its current state, it will make you pull your hair out....

#10 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostDuncan, on 26 February 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

The cooldown king rogue comments on warriors getting a 4th defensive cd, when you have the most small cooldowns defensively and a feint that you can basically maintain until your shadowdance is back up.
We either need more survivability, or cc.
I guess you would rather see a warrior have gag order, and warbringer stun again?

Also warriors are fine in a since, but we are not on par with the average classes making us a terrible choice to play with in arenas, and that is not even comparing us to the overpowered classes I just want to be a viable choice that if played with skill can make us a viable choice.  Also warriors on the PTR have no longevity in arenas in comparison.
yeah man rogues and all their op defensive cd's :rolleyes:

#11 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Slam on hindering would be nice.
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#12 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostDuncan, on 26 February 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

15% passive on d stance you can't sit on it on the ptr so you know you will do no damage. Honestly Bladestorm is not a choice.  Also Mass spell reflect is not a choice unless you run a melee/caster/pally to get you out of roots. Passive 15% is too low to stop anything that is bursty it has to be complemented with more reduction via a cd or you will die in a deep on u/silence on healer on ptr.  I don't want passive reductions I want something that can skillfully be used such as feint but not on as short a cd or as much reduction.  Not anything that can be used while stunned either as this is too much.

I agree, Bladestorm is not very useful.

I disagree about MSR, though. Whether or not you can take MSR mainly depends on the comp you are facing.. not so much about the one you are playing(though obviously both play a role in the decision). I mean, MSR isn't too useful due to the long CD on live atm.. But with a shorter CD, it could actually see some use.

I just don't feel all that squishy on the PTR atm. Maybe it's just me? Bull Rush glyph helps out quite a bit if you are forced into Dstance.. And the Mortal Strike glyph is awesome as well.

If I had to choose, I'd go with our "control" not DRing so badly. The warrior class would feel much better if you could root>stun. Or silence>stun(or w/e order). Rather than everything being a short stun into a DR'd stun... 4s stun>1.5s stun>.75s stun(or how ever you choose the order).
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#13 Jayez

Jayez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 2583
  • 5v5: 2016
  • RBG: 2068
  • LocationSwitzerland