Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Complete List 5.2 Elemental Changes

elemental shaman pvp arena 5.2 patch ele buff

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 2386
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

so whats the stat preference for ele? cant decide between mastery or haste

Posted Image


#22 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1709
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

How is Ele doing in PvP?  What's frustrating?  Fun?  I want to play another caster, and I already asked Moonkins what they thought of their spec. (They don't seem super pleased)  Anyone want to tell me I should/shouldn't level my Shaman?

Ele seems like it's rising up a bit, and the new Lightning Shield glyph looks pretty awesome.  Will 5.3 be a good time for Ele?

#23 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 67
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostNadagast, on 10 April 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

How is Ele doing in PvP?  What's frustrating?  Fun?  I want to play another caster, and I already asked Moonkins what they thought of their spec. (They don't seem super pleased)  Anyone want to tell me I should/shouldn't level my Shaman?

Ele seems like it's rising up a bit, and the new Lightning Shield glyph looks pretty awesome.  Will 5.3 be a good time for Ele?

Ele is pretty decent overall.  Most frustrating thing about ele atm is rogues popping all cds in the opener with cheap garrote and not being able to sham rage it until ur almost dead.  Other than rogue teams ele is pretty enjoyable to play and its fairly strong out side of those teams.  Ele is one of the last specs that requires true setup to pop ur offensive cooldown.

Its a fun spec in general to play in all aspects of pvp, arenas, rbgs, randoms when ur bored or dueling. Ele has some pretty nice/fun utility with tremors, shear, grounding, tstorms etc.  I guess in the past the major downside is that its been a spec thats been overlooked and left behind in terms of gameplay mechanics compared to the more popular specs.

Maybe im just biased but i feel overall it does require skill to be successful with the spec considering some of the other op specs and classes.  Missing a grounding or shear on a cc can literally win or lose the game for your team, positioning yourself for a good tstorm on the other hand can win you the game.

It seems like the spec is heading in the right direction especially with the upcoming survival buff, which should really help in our dmg mitigation during those times sham rage is down or u are silenced and cant use it. One of my favorite parts about playing Elemental is getting a great totem project with capacitor, or magma roots on stealth teams.

Anyways hope that helped.

#24 Dubaaii

Dubaaii
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 88
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostNadagast, on 10 April 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

How is Ele doing in PvP?  What's frustrating?  Fun?  I want to play another caster, and I already asked Moonkins what they thought of their spec. (They don't seem super pleased)  Anyone want to tell me I should/shouldn't level my Shaman?

Ele seems like it's rising up a bit, and the new Lightning Shield glyph looks pretty awesome.  Will 5.3 be a good time for Ele?
  Imo Ele is getting more and more viable thanks to def buffs, but its just not fun.  Like Boomklins, they are boring as f to play dmg wise - u spam mf/sf wait and pray for some nice procs that crit big. BUT it got nice mobility, escape mechs and u can f around with ppl which for me makes it fun to play.  Ele on the other hand feels for me left behind as far as some nice cool new mobility mechs. Just feel like one big stationary heavy tank (with all the sprints, grips, teleports, blinks etc this only has this shit ghost wolf form)

#25 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1709
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostDubaaii, on 13 April 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

  Imo Ele is getting more and more viable thanks to def buffs, but its just not fun.  Like Boomklins, they are boring as f to play dmg wise - u spam mf/sf wait and pray for some nice procs that crit big. BUT it got nice mobility, escape mechs and u can f around with ppl which for me makes it fun to play.  Ele on the other hand feels for me left behind as far as some nice cool new mobility mechs. Just feel like one big stationary heavy tank (with all the sprints, grips, teleports, blinks etc this only has this shit ghost wolf form)

Yeah, I like the planted-caster playstyle though.  I really don't like all the new crazy movement effects TBH.  Dealing damage as Ele also seems both more involved and controlled than Boomkin.

That being said, I definitely recognize that Eles have been left out of a lot of the recent gameplay evolution, with everyone getting crazy instant casts, lots of mobility, and just crazy streamlined shit all around.  I know that makes them potentially (or actually) weak.  I wish more classes went back to a style more like Ele.

#26 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 121
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostNadagast, on 13 April 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Yeah, I like the planted-caster playstyle though.  I really don't like all the new crazy movement effects TBH.  Dealing damage as Ele also seems both more involved and controlled than Boomkin.

That being said, I definitely recognize that Eles have been left out of a lot of the recent gameplay evolution, with everyone getting crazy instant casts, lots of mobility, and just crazy streamlined shit all around.  I know that makes them potentially (or actually) weak.  I wish more classes went back to a style more like Ele.

Yeah i am enjoying playing ele this season (although with some pain at times)

You need to be playing with someone who can set up CC or stuns (or a class that will cause havoc if they are able to free cast) to be able to use your CDs to land a kill, because 90% of the games you will be the kill / train target.

Unfortunatley you do suffer quite a bit from LOS, if your CD's are up they are quite obvious so people just hide behind pillars, so playing with someone who has control is important (Mage/Rogue/destro)

I feel that our burst when it isn't respected you will be able to land kills, but at higher ratings it becomes tricky.

One thing you will find is that outside Ascedance it is hard to land kills or build up pressure, so it is a matter of surviving until CDs are up.

One thing ele is good at is slowing down the play for the other team via tremor/grounding/shocks/heals/earthgrab/windwalk/lol-capacitor to allow you to slow play till cd's are up, but that can lead to some long games if you can't land your burst when it is up

Our healing and healing CD's are enough to keep your healer/dps up until they can get back ontop, but at the same time nothing amazing.

Your healer will appreciate your hybrid abilities to prevent/reduce cc

Glyph choices are tricky as well, Sham Rage + Lightning Shield(5.3) are mandatory so you will have to choose between (Hex/Capacitor/Ghost Wolf)

At the end of the day it is playable, but underpowered vs the other casters. Ele does give you a sense of satisfaction when beating some higher rated more OP comps.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<