Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

With only days to go most of these changes should be locked in after many updates.

Do you think the below changes will make elemental a viable option in 5.2?

What comps do you think will be stronger than others?

What talents do you think you might change because of the buffs?

Buffs:
  • Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%)
  • Shamanistic Rage is now available to Elemental Shaman as well as Enhancement Shaman.
  • Glyph of Shamanistic Rage is now available to Elemental Shaman
  • Elemental Mastery now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
  • Elemental Focus proc now increases spell damage done by 15%, up from 10%
  • Shamanism now increases the damage of Lightning Bolt by 70%, up from 50%.
  • Stone Bulwark Totem now absorbs 25% more damage
  • When summoned, the Stone Bulwark Totem has health equal to 10% of the casting Shaman's health.
  • The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires
  • Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
  • Flame Shock's duration has been increased by 25%.
  • Glyph of Flame has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Shaman to heal for 30% of the damage dealt by Flame Shock.
  • Unleashed Fury Flametongue now increases Lightning Bolt damage by 20% (was 30%), and Lava Burst damage by 10%.
  • Lava Burst base damage has been reduced by 33% but now always deals a critical strike. When cast on targets affected by Flame Shock, it now deals 50% more damage.
  • Ancestral Guidance now copies 60% (was 40%) of the amount healed.
  • Conductivity no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of Healing Rain.
  • Conductivity now shares 30% (was 20%) of the healing received from Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, or Healing Surge.
  • Chain Lightningwill now deal the same damage to subsequent targets as it does to the first.
  • Lava Beam's damage now increases with jumps. Each jump increases the damage by 10%.
Nerfs:
  • Glyph of Purge now adds a 6 second cooldown to Purge.
  • The talent Totemic Restoration now has an additional effect. Any totems that have been destroyed or replaced behave as if the totem had been active for at least 1 second.

Edited by Nerfmytotems, 25 February 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#2 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

Nader says that overall ele shamans will remain in the garbage

#3 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostNerfmytotems, on 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

I tested conductivity out on the PTR and it didn't seem to be working any different, it looked like you needed to be standing in the healing rain... :S

Anyone else tested this out yet, if it isnt changed, once again it will be a useless talent for pvp otherwise

#4 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

still worthless you arent going ot cast healing rain in pvp as ele....

#5 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

what are people speccing in 5.2 i know it varies by what you're facing but has anyone considered going unleash final tier for insane ascendance or is everyone sticking with elemental blast? ele mastery or are people still sticking with ancestral swiftness?
Posted Image

#6 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

ancestral swiftness and elemental blast. lava burst - unleash elements into Elemental blast Fulmination is the biggest burst.
Posted Image

#7 Mattadoro

Mattadoro

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

kk thanks lord jonte  it's my alt but i desperately want it to be more viable.. has the potential to be so much fun
Posted Image

#8 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

you never know unless you try, live your dreams, live to win.
Posted Image

#9 zier123

zier123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

ele heals seem really nice in bgs i got a 135k heal on myself   in full resi gems

#10 Medge

Medge
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2748

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostJontex, on 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

ancestral swiftness and elemental blast. lava burst - unleash elements into Elemental blast Fulmination is the biggest burst.

I'm kinda clueless regarding elementals, so is unleash elements stronger with elemental blast, instead of unleash + lava burst? :>

#11 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

lavaburst for clearcasting proc = 15% more dmg or whatever it is cant remember then unleash elements to increase elemental blast and fulmination at the same time, best case scenario youve got a lava surge proc when casting the elemental blast.
Flameshock - Lava burst - Unleash Elements - Elemental Blast - Lava burst (Optional) - Fulmination. When you are unable to set it up proper just make sure to unleash elements - elemental blast - fulmination.
Posted Image

#12 Medge

Medge
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostJontex, on 06 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

lavaburst for clearcasting proc = 15% more dmg or whatever it is cant remember then unleash elements to increase elemental blast and fulmination at the same time, best case scenario youve got a lava surge proc when casting the elemental blast.
Flameshock - Lava burst - Unleash Elements - Elemental Blast - Lava burst (Optional) - Fulmination. When you are unable to set it up proper just make sure to unleash elements - elemental blast - fulmination.

What is your stream so i can have a look at some point (gonna follow you so i can see when you go live)
I'dd like to see how Elemental Shamans works.

#13 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

twitch.tv/jontexz - ill turn on the vods again in a bit.
Posted Image

#14 Medge

Medge
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostJontex, on 06 March 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

twitch.tv/jontexz - ill turn on the vods again in a bit.

Cheers man, i'll appreciate it. :)

#15 Mattadoro

Mattadoro

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

elemental blast counts as nature and fire schools, it can lock you out of both but also receives benefits of both, you can therefor AS elemental blast but it is also effected by unleash as it counts as fire as well
Posted Image

#16 Medge

Medge
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 06 March 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

elemental blast counts as nature and fire schools, it can lock you out of both but also receives benefits of both, you can therefor AS elemental blast but it is also effected by unleash as it counts as fire as well

But isn't Elemental mastery alot better? especially with the buff to it this patch?

#17 Mattadoro

Mattadoro

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

i was debating it as well

it is dispellable and spellstealable  and AS gives you a passive 5% haste  plus instant ele blast

i feel like its a playstyle preference and also what comp you're facing type thing
Posted Image

#18 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

With our damage buffs ive been seeing some nice results with AS Ele Blast burst combos...lava burst, unleash, AS Ele Blast, 7 stack fulm. If you're lucky you will get a lava surge proc somewhere in that combo...Also ive recently been playing a haste and crit build that seems to out perform haste and mastery.  It is nice to get more procs but i feel like with ele blast and fulm crits it has more impact burst wise.

#19 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostDoomnatrah, on 08 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

With our damage buffs ive been seeing some nice results with AS Ele Blast burst combos...lava burst, unleash, AS Ele Blast, 7 stack fulm. If you're lucky you will get a lava surge proc somewhere in that combo...Also ive recently been playing a haste and crit build that seems to out perform haste and mastery.  It is nice to get more procs but i feel like with ele blast and fulm crits it has more impact burst wise.
i guess you will have clear-casting up more..

"Elemental Focus proc now increases spell damage done by 15%, up from 10%"

#20 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostNerfmytotems, on 09 March 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

i guess you will have clear-casting up more..

"Elemental Focus proc now increases spell damage done by 15%, up from 10%"

Yeah, there is that as well.

Also just for those of you looking for other interesting ways to play with talents, I started using Ancestral Guidance instead of Healing Tide.  Mainly because of how easily tide is killed, but otherwise to test out the buff to Ancestral Guidance.  I came across an amazing burst heal combo that at least in my experience using it, was much better then healing tide.

You need to have Ancestral Guidance and Ancestral Swiftness talents, but it goes like this.  Lava Burst(for clearcasting heal buff), On Use Trinket, Ancestral Guidance, Healing Surge, Ancestral Swiftness Healing Surge.  With this combo ive literally been able to top my 3s team with this combo.  The added bonus to using Ancestral Guidance is the damage to healing aspect of the talent.  In certain situations like using Ascendance, you're able to counter huge enemy damage by spamming lava burst and aoe healing your team.

B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<