Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

What about the ridiculous healing trinkets?
Gooby pls

#3 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yeah so it can still proc a 100% crit chance buff, it just does it less frequently.

cool that's helpful

jk

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#4 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yeah so it can still proc a 100% crit chance buff, it just does it less frequently.

cool that's helpful

jk
It is, stop being asinine
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#5 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

cool that's helpful

jk

Why do you even post such nonsense? Ofcause it is helpful. If you look at it from a neutral point of view, it would be silly if you could not use PvE gear (which is gear, just like PvP gear, just with worse itemization) in order to perhaps make up for less geared item slots. Afterall, it is a MMORPG, gear you obtain should be useable anywhere, within limits.

tl;dr It is pretty obvious the legendary meta gems / PvE trinkets will not be worth it in PvP, but nice to know they can still serve as a backup untill you get the conquest points for it.

#6 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 23 February 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Why do you even post such nonsense? Ofcause it is helpful. If you look at it from a neutral point of view, it would be silly if you could not use PvE gear (which is gear, just like PvP gear, just with worse itemization) in order to perhaps make up for less geared item slots. Afterall, it is a MMORPG, gear you obtain should be useable anywhere, within limits.

tl;dr It is pretty obvious the legendary meta gems / PvE trinkets will not be worth it in PvP, but nice to know they can still serve as a backup untill you get the conquest points for it.

It all depends on how they lowered the proc chance. If they've just made it a 5% instead of 10% chance to proc vs players (random numbers) then it doesn't really change much. It is still 100% crit chance, it's still stupid.

edit: I know the trinket most likely wont get used in competitive PVP, it's just stupid to allow it in PvP 'just cause'. It's like the old TfB argument. Just because 5 stack TfB was rare didn't make it any less dumb when the stars aligned and they 1shot someone.

Edited by Snuggli, 23 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#7 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

nice change

#8 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

It all depends on how they lowered the proc chance. If they've just made it a 5% instead of 10% chance to proc vs players (random numbers) then it doesn't really change much. It is still 100% crit chance, it's still stupid.

edit: I know the trinket most likely wont get used in competitive PVP, it's just stupid to allow it in PvP 'just cause'. It's like the old TfB argument. Just because 5 stack TfB was rare didn't make it any less dumb when the stars aligned and they 1shot someone.

Wow, there are still people with a working brain on this site, no way. +rep

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#9 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Not that it's a large sample and it might be just bad luck but I went through 2 arena games in a row where it didn't proc.

#10 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm really not that impressed with either of those trinkets.  They don't seem like they would even be any good in PvP except for a select few classes/specs that have a strong mastery or their crit damage increases with crit chance.

And really, a 4 second buff?  It would take some pretty quick thinking or a serious add-on to be able to put that to good use even a fraction of the times it procs.  

On the other hand, you could use one of the other trinkets that give you on-demand burst for an extended period of time.

My point is that especially after this nerf, these damage trinkets should not play a very big role in arena, if any at all.  If some random team takes one game from you because they had some silly trinket and meta gem, is it really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? I understand that just because it has a low chance to proc doesn't always make it fair, but what I'm saying is that the other PvP oriented items just make more sense to use - and they seem better overall to me.  Isn't that what we've always wanted?

Edited by Nightmonkey, 23 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#11 macc

macc
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

it´s better than nothing

#12 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Change going in the right direction. If someone has numbers already- send me a PM. PvP gear has to be better for PvP than PvE gear and so far MoP delivered on that.

#13 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 23 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

That is exactly the thing. You make a post without any evidence or research to back up your ignorant claim, and that is what annoys me. AJ is filled with these new people who just got access and feel the need to create useless whine threads all the time. Look at Djfrostbombs as an example. What good will a thread be if all it contains is rubbish.

Edit: Not to say you are wrong with that post, and you actually put some thought into it. But I think you realised your first post was a bit silly by now. I didn't try to claim I was for PvE gear in general as an equal alternative, but I do not mind it being an alternative vs. a few slots of unfarmed honorparts - You'll still take more damage / deal less, most likely.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 23 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#14 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 23 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

AJ is filled with these new people who just got access and feel the need to create useless whine threads all the time. Look at Djfrostbombs as an example. What good will a thread be if all it contains is rubbish.
didnt think id ever agree with you :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

That is exactly the thing. You make a post without any evidence or research to back up your ignorant claim, and that is what annoys me. AJ is filled with these new people who just got access and feel the need to create useless whine threads all the time. Look at Djfrostbombs as an example. What good will a thread be if all it contains is rubbish.

Edit: Not to say you are wrong with that post, and you actually put some thought into it. But I think you realised your first post was a bit silly by now. I didn't try to claim I was for PvE gear in general as an equal alternative, but I do not mind it being an alternative vs. a few slots of unfarmed honorparts - You'll still take more damage / deal less, most likely.

ive had access since s9 and even before that...dif chars diff names, diff realms &classes, just sho and this season ive been h8ing the game n followed AJ so much im actually posting..

ps sold my vanilla-cata s11 account.. so..

Edited by Zerlog, 23 February 2013 - 10:58 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

cool that's helpful

jk

turtle all game, get proc pop everything, xD

#17 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

But I think you realised your first post was a bit silly by now. I didn't try to claim I was for PvE gear in general as an equal alternative, but I do not mind it being an alternative vs. a few slots of unfarmed honorparts - You'll still take more damage / deal less, most likely.

Maybe the tone of it was silly, but the idea was serious. All i'm saying is that reducing the frequency of overpowered procs doesn't change anything in a game about burst. Instead of reducing the chance a 1shot can happen, why don't they just nerf the proc to 50% or something in PvP zones.

#18 Tist

Tist

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

well can't be worse than pve gear has been every other season to date

i say optimistically, as it'll probably be just as bad if not worse

sick game

#19 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

have to agree with woman on this - sure it may not proc all the time but when it does proc its going to be ridiculous even for that 20 seconds.

its kind of like when mages went straight crit to shatter then one day a mage went mastery and was getting lucky that 1-2 times and absolutely raped people ... all you need is that 1 proc for 20 seconds to run around beating people down

that 30% haste proc meta for 20 seconds .. if that procs and i have bloodlust for 20 seconds something is going to die.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#20 Tist

Tist

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

the logical thing to do would be just disable the proc entirely since they're trying to segment off pve and pvp as much as possible

however, can't have the pve playerbase getting buttmad they can't use the latest toys against other people too

completely unacceptable

meanwhile on the other side of things, having properly balanced ilvls for pvp gear would just be a SACRILEGE because it would RUIN LFR!

i don't know whether to be excited or depressed about next season tbqh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<