PC freezing issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

About 3 weeks ago I got a new pair of headphones. They had some static noise issues which led me to disconnecting the front audio inputs from my mainboard. At around that time (can't 100% remember if just before, right after that or a couple days after that) my pc started to have freeze randomly.
First it would freeze in Windows, then freeze a couple times while booting, either on the splash screen or right after log in. After a couple reboots it would work again. Completely shutting down the pc and dis- + reconnecting it from its power supply seemed to reduce the average amount of reboots needed until it was fixed. The freeze issues would only appear every couple days though and since I'm a lazy fuck I just didn't do anything about it and hoped it would just disappear again (like many pc problems have in the past for me). A few days ago it started getting worse though. Leaving the pc alone, that is not using either the mouse or keyboard for a random amount of time lets it freeze. It froze maybe once while in use, the vast majority of Windows freezes were while being afk. I started running videos and/or writing down the time I leave my PC to monitor how long it would take until it freezes. I just had a freeze after ~50 second, also had 15 minute ones though, so it seems to be relatively random. A freeze means both screens not updating anymore, mouse and keyboard not responding (sensei in-built monitor doesn't react + keyboards num/caps/scroll being highlighted although previously off and not responding) and a low frequency humming noise on my headphones/speakers. Splash screen freezes involved both the splash screen actually freezing as well as it still moving but not progressing to the login screen. After a freeze my keyboard would sometimes not work in the boot options screen.
Apart from the freezing my pc is running perfectly fine.

What I did so far:
Startup Repair
Resetting CMOS both via jumper as well as BIOS
Reseating various cables

I am running W7 64bit.

What else can I do apart from completely reinstalling Windows and testing every single piece of hardware individually?
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#2 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Have you tried re-installing Windows?

#3 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

i am currently backing up stuff so yeah i'll probably just reinstall tomorrow if it doesn't boot right away
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#4 Pucklolz

Pucklolz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1673
  • 3v3: 2128
  • 5v5: 2217
  • RBG: 1873
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

2 months ago i had the same issue. I figured out that my harddrive was damaged. I buyed a new one ind the problem was fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<