• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Incanter's Ward can now be dispelled. We agree with the concerns that the 30% damage buff is a significant contributor to mage PvP burst and often one not recognized by the recipient of said burst.
i really hope that means the 8 second duration shield can be dispelled and not the 15 second buff afterwards

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#42 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

shit double posting forum

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 23 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#43 Shadaka

Shadaka
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2045
  • 3v3: 2469
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Might be both

#44 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostShadaka, on 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Might be both
so the talent becomes almost useless vs shamans/hunters/priests and mage vs mage spellstealing just got even more retarded, excellent

#45 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Frostbolt base damage and SP scaling reduced by 13%. Debuff now also causes the target to take an additional 5% damage from your Frostbolt and your Water Elemental's Water Jet.

I guess that's that about promoting casting. Isn't Frostbolt now about the state it started on, or even worse?
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#46 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 25 February 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I guess that's that about promoting casting. Isn't Frostbolt now about the state it started on, or even worse?
it's always 33% better than live, at 0, 1, 2, and 3 stacks.  It's worth casting, but I don't think higher DPCT than bf/lance with 0 stacks up. I think you do more total damage done if you save BF/FoF till after deep and double frostbolt during deep instead, but it's less frontloaded.

Overall a good change, I still wish it were possible to make us always want to cast if we had the opportunity, but that just doesn't feel possible without making us overpowered, or nerfing instants so much that we're too trainable.

#47 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Postaffix, on 25 February 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

it's always 33% better than live, at 0, 1, 2, and 3 stacks.  It's worth casting, but I don't think higher DPCT than bf/lance with 0 stacks up. I think you do more total damage done if you save BF/FoF till after deep and double frostbolt during deep instead, but it's less frontloaded.

Overall a good change, I still wish it were possible to make us always want to cast if we had the opportunity, but that just doesn't feel possible without making us overpowered, or nerfing instants so much that we're too trainable.
So they nerfed the scaling on it, but kept the 33% base damage buff. Then they made it have the stackable debuff again that increases subsequent frostbolt damage?
Is the sp scaling nerf on ptr yet? Is it worth casting at all if you had 2-3 stacks up?
Just asking questions to stay updated. It seems they have changed that one spell so many times over the course of the ptr.

#48 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostNumbtoes, on 27 February 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

So they nerfed the scaling on it, but kept the 33% base damage buff. Then they made it have the stackable debuff again that increases subsequent frostbolt damage?
Is the sp scaling nerf on ptr yet? Is it worth casting at all if you had 2-3 stacks up?
Just asking questions to stay updated. It seems they have changed that one spell so many times over the course of the ptr.

Changed it again to where it doesn't have the stacking debuff (for frostbolt, still applies to lance) and is 32% instead of 33 as if 1% made a huge difference. Still worth casting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<