Photo

PTR 5.2 last needed changes (major issues)

braindeadly 5.2 PTR

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Gear is still a giant issue, this season's upgraded gear being a lot better than the honor gear is a bad start( should be a few ilvls at most and it also makes honor useless)
T1 next season < T2 upgraded is a flawed game decision.
they really need to address the fact that prior season players have a huge advantage over someone who is starting this season, it's a discouragement to pvp.

the need for a flat dmg reduction instead of base resilience is becoming shockingly apparent due to scaling and pvp power on gear.

ring of peace is flat out ludicrous in it's current state, spriests are still in god tier status when it comes to utility and tremor for some reason still exists.

#62 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

DKs sit in blood presence for most of a game because they get absolutely destroyed outside it. Class has horrible mobility, and not much in the way of utility.

I would like to see hard-casting buffed across the board, with instant casts heavily nerfed. However, the game has far too much instant cc, interrupts, and silences currently

#63 Vengeânce1296684277

Vengeânce1296684277
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2487
  • 5v5: 2641
  • RBG: 576

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

yeah mages are pretty crazy right now, I do agree. I do find it strange that nobody every complains about shadow priests, they've got nothing but straight damage buffs this patch.

Even though its pretty easy to throw an instant CC or pummel on the spriest after they DP to prevent the insanity buffed flays, I think SW:I could DEFINITELY use a nerf... I went on PTR and used it yesterday and the damage is absolutely insane.

#64 Shibbylol

Shibbylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2187

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

edit: not sure if intended but all shaman totems have 42k hp, seems a bit too much healing stream having that much - takes 3-4 globals to kill it

Seems balanced as a matter of fact. I can hardly rely on healing totems when I'm being trained. They barely serve as a distraction, at least with 42k hp people will have to decide whether it's more beneficial to chase the Shaman or kill the totem.

#65 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Every single class can do way too much burst. That's the biggest problem I see.

If that were fixed I could see this patch being very balanced and fun, but as it stands offensive stats have scaled, classes that didn't need burst buffs have gotten burst buffs, but resilience and stamina have not scaled a bit. Full Tyrannical has same health pool/resil/pvp power as fully upgraded malev. There's really not a single DPS spec that can't do huge burst pretty easily with little/no set-up at all.

Edited by Zong, 19 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

fix the honor gear, major need

#67 Serben

Serben
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

gonna keep this short - I've been playing PTR and it feels insanely more fun than live, would go as far as saying I'm having as much if not more fun than Season 7/Season 4 arena on it..

Wow...TBC fun, you got me very excited! :D

#68 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Change the title to "Major game breaking issues that annoy me as a hunter and must be fixed," and everyone already knows about ring of peace. Damn 42k hp totems are going to ruin the game, 5.2 is screwed already...

Edited by Pitiless, 19 February 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#69 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Change the title to "Major game breaking issues that annoy me as a hunter and must be fixed," and everyone already knows about ring of peace. Damn 42k hp totems are going to ruin the game, 5.2 is screwed already...

nope i'm just speculating. I agree with healing stream having more HP. I don't see the point in totems such as capaciator and spirit link having more as they are short duration anyway. I think healing totems should have 10% of shamans max hp and utility ones like capaciator/spirit link should have 5% (still takes longer than one global to kill).

The best comp will be double DK healer purely due to the ability to give the healer 1 minute of CC immunity.

I didn't know about ring of peace bug.. if it's bugged then i guess it's fine

#70 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Shaman totems having too much hp turns totems into buffs that can't be dispelled, meanwhile you can continue whatever you are doing after spending the global to put them down.
Another disgusting change along with totemic restoration, ng buff etc.

#71 Shibbylol

Shibbylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2187

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

You guys are totally right. Totems were implemented to be instantaneously destroyed. They should just remove them so they no longer need to be one shot. It's quite simple for a Capacitor/Projection to be avoided, tell me..when's the last time you dodged the shorter CD of a Shockwave or Deep Freeze?

#72 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

The only totem imo that needed the hp was capacitor stun, which literally got 1shot by everything and it charges for 3 sec :P
Posted Image

#73 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

my 8k smites dont like this totem changes

#74 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

A few other things:

- Shuriken Toss combined with deadly throw is extremely overpowered vs caster comps. You can literally lock them out forever
- 60 second cloak is too short with all the other survivability they have. i.e CR, feint, ss'ing to teammates

- Conversion + Blood presence needs a tune up. It's like a warrior with permanent second wind
- I think with a nerf to conversion dks need something like AMZ baseline especially if they fix unholy frenzy aswell

- Hunter instant cc is still a problem. With thug cleave and disc priests rising it's going to be stupid.

dk complaining about a rogue

you are joking kid

#75 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

The best comp will be double DK healer purely due to the ability to give the healer 1 minute of CC immunity.

Most healers are pretty easy to gib on the PTR though, atleast for rogue + Mage/hunter/SP/Moonkin. Thugcleave, RMP and Heroic RLS will all be quite popular. So even with the 1 minute of CC immunity against cc's like polymorph, a rogue + mage could destroy a Shaman/Paladin/Druid quite easily using DF + garrote or rogue stunns + garrote, especially with mage damage out of hand on the PTR right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: braindeadly, 5.2, PTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<