Photo

PTR 5.2 last needed changes (major issues)

braindeadly 5.2 PTR

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

yeah mages are pretty crazy right now, I do agree. I do find it strange that nobody every complains about shadow priests, they've got nothing but straight damage buffs this patch.

http://www.arenajunk...-shadowpriests/

Gee, guess who was right, again.

Edited by Regent, 18 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#42 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

hey its a totem not a player , get a clue

I'm not saying it should kick you in the shins when you look at it.... but it should be a decision to switch off your target to go after the totem. Not an easy tab.

#43 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Also looking for people for arena on PTR (pref US since every EU person i know wakes at 6 PM) :(
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#44 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

http://www.arenajunk...-shadowpriests/

Gee, guess who was right, again.

only a bit longer til you cant post your garbage again........

#45 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't... Ret means tripple DPS

Good point. I'd rather see them on normal teams because of their damage/defense/cc rather than Rets making triple dps teams viable because their healing/utility is too good.

Regarding Warlocks though, I tend to agree. I tried playing a Warlock for the first time this season just to try something new and it was overall a miserable experience. The small amount of strength they do have this season comes from Blood Fear being absolutely obnoxious. Other than that their 2min cds are pretty good and just about everything else about the class is pure dogshit.

Nadagast has made some really solid posts about why Warlocks are in a bad place right now, if Blizzard takes what he has to say into serious consideration I think the class will be in a much better place overall in the future.

#46 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

People that have played the PTR which classes do you feel are in need of some TLC??

Edited by Amiza, 18 February 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#47 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

:) :)

Edited by Salutations, 18 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#48 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/2/2/1/.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ok so i just did some 2s with a priest as monk , Monks peels is way too good 1min disarm + 45 sec ring of peace + 25 sec fists of fury + paralysis + melee range root + ranged root , it is like you always have something up to peel with, even vs double dps unholy / retri the priests never went below 60%.

#49 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Post under construction - still thinking of different things. Taking a nap right now though, but I'll update this post later with more things that I think (read: opinion) will benefit the game.

Global Changes:

1.Increase pet resilience by X percent of owner's resilience. Pet's of all classes are too easily killable. Unfortunately, hunter's suffer the most from our pet's dying.
2. Increase Resilience scaling. There should be no reason that it starts becoming more useless around 67% when damage is still incredibly high.
3. Remove cast speed increase effects. With the amount of interrupts, stuns, incapacitates, etc., there is no need to have these effects in the game.
4. Instant, unavoidable CC is incredibly high. I think it needs to be lowered in general for most classes. Either that, or combine some of the current diminishing return tables.

Mages:

1. Remove the current interaction with Alter Time / PoM; as stated above, there is too much instant, unavoidable CC right now.
2. I'd suggest making mages more 'cast-based' and reduce the amount of instant damage, but I really can't think of anything aside from buffing the cast damage.

Rogues:

1. Remove Shuriken Toss / alter the damage/ make it only castable while standing still. It's too strong of a ranged ability to be so easily spammable.
2. Reduce damage rogue's taken by 10-15%. They take too much damage, especially during stuns. If they get caught without a cooldown (CR, Feint, etc.) they're basically dead.
3. I'm not sure how rogues' like playing with the Feint glyph - I can't image it being too much fun. If #2 were to go through, I'd suggest increasing the duration of the feint buff, but reducing the amount of damage it mitigates.
4. Remove mind numbing and paralytic.

Hunters:

1. Remove the ability to dismiss/abandon pets and resummon a new pet with it's CDs reset.
2. Widow Venom baked into Serpent Sting. Chimera and Cobra increase the duration of WV similar to how it interacts with Serpent Sting.
3. Reduce Revive Pet's cast time - BM hunters suffer the most out of any class for having our pet's killed, and they're also the hardest to revive.
4. Hunter talents for PvP, aside from the first tier (which just changes on what you're playing against), are extremely cookie-cutter. It isn't fun.
5. BM has too much utility. Remove Bestial Wrath from readiness, but allow the pet to no longer be CCd (perhaps only by non-casted CC) while under the effects of Bestial Wrath. There are too many incidental CCs that can 'accidently' control a hunter's pet, stopping all of their burst.

Warriors:

1. For fuck's sake, please remove the CD stacking. It has never worked in the history of WoW. Blizzard removed it once because it was broken, but then they just bring it back.

Druids:

1. Symbiosis gives the druid too powerful of abilities, in my opinion. Some of the abilities that grants to some classes are also pretty dumb. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool ability, but doesn't really have any room in arena.
2. Vortex + Beam is too insanely powerful. Suggestions: Limit the vortex to X amount of grips, or simply allow the beam to be trinketable. Increase the cooldown of each of these spells by 30 seconds (to 90s each).
3. Give Astral Communion a small cooldown so that it isn't spammable.
4. Rework how DoTs work with Shooting Stars. Perhaps remove the crit requirement, lower the chance to proc down to 10%, and proc a buff that reduces the cast time of Starsurge by .5/1 second.

Death Knight:

1. I really don't know that much about DKs to comment on what needs changed. I think Blood Presence needs to be more punishing to sit in, however, as a lot of DKs just camp Blood Pres. for an entire game. I think that also makes an argument that DKs need some love when it comes to the other presences / their survivability when they aren't in Blood Presence.
2. As suggested above, I think Unholy Frenzy should be removable by effects the remove Enrage/Frenzy buffs (Soothe, Shiv, Tranq. Shot). Either that, or lower the duration / rework how it procs damage on the player. 30 second immunity to CC that breaks on damage is pretty insane.

Monk:

1. Make Fists of Fury somehow trinketable. Blizzard stated that they want to remove uncounterable abilities, and this is one of them. Yes, you can have a partner CC the monk while he's channeling, but I think a trinket (2m cd) should also counter the effect.
2. Remove the retarded silence from Spear Hand Strike. It's horribly broken (hello Gag Order).
3. Increase the CD on Transcendence to 45 seconds.
4. Increase the ICD of Dematerialize to 20 seconds.
5. I don't know how the damage / healing of monks on PTR are, so I cannot really comment on that.

Paladin:

1. Make casting an actual thing again for Holy Paladins.
2. No real idea how to fix Retribution, but giving them a defensive dispel is definitely not the way to do it.
3. Ret survivability is definitely lacking on live.

Priest:

1. Increase Psyfiend cooldown 30 seconds.

Shaman:

Warlock:

EDIT: Still working on this. Will update when I wake up from coma.

Edited by Nitric, 18 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#50 Niezeremake

Niezeremake
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

who cares you greasy nerds the games is fucking dogshit and has been for years

should just bann retards like you
[Shear]: tell Nieze to never speak shit when im legit

#51 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

@kreed why are you even on this forum..............................................................................................................................................................

Edited by Dakkrothy, 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#52 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Druids:

1. Symbiosis gives the druid too powerful of abilities, in my opinion. Some of the abilities that grants to some classes are also pretty dumb. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool ability, but doesn't really have any room in arena.
2. Vortex + Beam is too insanely powerful. Suggestions: Limit the vortex to X amount of grips, or simply allow the beam to be trinketable. Increase the cooldown of each of these spells by 30 seconds (to 90s each).
3. Give Astral Communion a small cooldown so that it isn't spammable.
4. Rework how DoTs work with Shooting Stars. Perhaps remove the crit requirement, lower the chance to proc down to 10%, and proc a buff that reduces the cast time of Starsurge by .5/1 second.

That rebirth mayne, fkn op shieeet.

No clue why they gave paladins that symbosis, utterly retarded. Not saying we should get barkskin or solarbeam or cyclone or anything but rebirth? cmon..
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#53 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Monk:

3. Increase the CD on Transcendence to 45 seconds.
4. Increase the ICD of Dematerialize to 20 seconds.
5. I don't know how the damage / healing of monks on PTR are, so I cannot really comment on that.

Paladin:

1. Make casting an actual thing again for Holy Paladins.
2. No real idea how to fix Retribution, but giving them a defensive dispel is definitely not the way to do it.
3. Ret survivability is definitely lacking on live.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I'm not sure Mistweavers really need a nerf to their defenses. I've played with one in a couple different comps this season and they are too easy to CC as it is with no way to break CC and no panic button like other healers. Their panic button is supposed to be Life Cocoon, but currently against any decent team it gets removed instantly.

Having Life Cocoon unable to be dispelled will be very beneficial, but I think Mistweavers will continue to be at the bottom end of the range of healers. Yes, Dematerialize is a very obnoxious ability, but it's kind of necessary to prevent them from getting stunned once and dying in it. Monks are unique because they don't have the same 2-3 basic heals that the other healers have.

Speaking about Paladins, I wish casting was more rewarding. Right now the only reason to cast is if your instant casts are on cooldown, or to generate holy power so you can continue to instant cast. Because of the Cataclysm model of every healer must have the same 3 heals, I don't think Holy Paladins will ever find their old niche of having the best casted heals that were very specialized.

Honestly I would prefer the old Holy Paladin model, but I do not think it would work very well in the current meta game where every class has some kind of interrupt/silence/stun.

Ret Paladins just flat out need more damage and defense. They're kind of weak in PvE and very weak in PvP outside of their 3-5 minute cooldowns. So far Blizzard's solution has been to increase utility and healing, which is already pretty good. In my opinion I think they need to give Ret a flat damage boost across the board and then look at ways to tone down the burst if it gets out of control.

Glyph of Templar's Verdict got a nice buff, but I'd like to see the 10% damage reduction become 15% or more.

#54 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Have they fixed the raid marks yet?!
twitch.tv/xrags -- streaming boomkin PoV: dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#55 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Have they fixed the raid marks yet?!

ye
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#56 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

remove psyfiend from the game, make a new talent that turn priest fear into an horror that doenst break when zerker rage/tremor is used and increase its cd by 10 seconds

Edited by dionim, 19 February 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#57 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Priest:

1. Increase Psyfiend cooldown 30 seconds.

psyfiend has 45 sec cd lol

#58 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

psyfiend has 45 sec cd lol

And also doesn't work properly about 80% of the times.

It's a really badly designed spell that unfortunately is still the best of that part of the talent tree.

remove psyfiend from the game, make a new talent that turn priest fear into an horror that doenst break when zerker rage/tremor is used and increase its cd by 10 seconds

Now that I like! Might be a bit too OP though. Not sure.

Edited by Virent, 19 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Posted Image

#59 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

And also doesn't work properly about 80% of the times.

It's a really badly designed spell that unfortunately is still the best of that part of the talent tree.

Now that I like! Might be a bit too OP though. Not sure.

It would only be more op over shamans. Would be a better change for every other class actually(as long as it still drs with fear).

#60 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

I would like to see absorbs interacting with necrotic strike and Totemic Restoration removed from the game, so that I can have participation to the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: braindeadly, 5.2, PTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<