Post under construction - still thinking of different things. Taking a nap right now though, but I'll update this post later with more things that I think
(read: opinion) will benefit the game.Global Changes:
1.Increase pet resilience by X percent of owner's resilience. Pet's of all classes are too easily killable. Unfortunately, hunter's suffer the most from our pet's dying.
2. Increase Resilience scaling. There should be no reason that it starts becoming more useless around 67% when damage is still incredibly high.
3. Remove cast speed increase effects. With the amount of interrupts, stuns, incapacitates, etc., there is no need to have these effects in the game.
4. Instant, unavoidable CC is incredibly high. I think it needs to be lowered in general for most classes. Either that, or combine some of the current diminishing return tables.Mages:
1. Remove the current interaction with Alter Time / PoM; as stated above, there is too much instant, unavoidable CC right now.
2. I'd suggest making mages more 'cast-based' and reduce the amount of instant damage, but I really can't think of anything aside from buffing the cast damage.Rogues:
1. Remove Shuriken Toss / alter the damage/ make it only castable while standing still. It's too strong of a ranged ability to be so easily spammable.
2. Reduce damage rogue's taken by 10-15%. They take too much damage, especially during stuns. If they get caught without a cooldown (CR, Feint, etc.) they're basically dead.
3. I'm not sure how rogues' like playing with the Feint glyph - I can't image it being too much fun. If #2 were to go through, I'd suggest increasing the duration of the feint buff, but reducing the amount of damage it mitigates.
4. Remove mind numbing and paralytic.Hunters:
1. Remove the ability to dismiss/abandon pets and resummon a new pet with it's CDs reset.
2. Widow Venom baked into Serpent Sting. Chimera and Cobra increase the duration of WV similar to how it interacts with Serpent Sting.
3. Reduce Revive Pet's cast time - BM hunters suffer the most out of any class for having our pet's killed, and they're also the hardest to revive.
4. Hunter talents for PvP, aside from the first tier (which just changes on what you're playing against), are extremely cookie-cutter. It isn't fun.
5. BM has too much utility. Remove Bestial Wrath from readiness, but allow the pet to no longer be CCd (perhaps only by non-casted CC) while under the effects of Bestial Wrath. There are too many incidental CCs that can 'accidently' control a hunter's pet, stopping all of their burst.Warriors:
1. For fuck's sake, please remove the CD stacking. It has never worked in the history of WoW. Blizzard removed it once because it was broken, but then they just bring it back.Druids:
1. Symbiosis gives the druid too powerful of abilities, in my opinion. Some of the abilities that grants to some classes are also pretty dumb. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool ability, but doesn't really have any room in arena.
2. Vortex + Beam is too insanely powerful. Suggestions: Limit the vortex to X amount of grips, or simply allow the beam to be trinketable. Increase the cooldown of each of these spells by 30 seconds (to 90s each).
3. Give Astral Communion a small cooldown so that it isn't spammable.
4. Rework how DoTs work with Shooting Stars. Perhaps remove the crit requirement, lower the chance to proc down to 10%, and proc a buff that reduces the cast time of Starsurge by .5/1 second.Death Knight:
1. I really don't know that much about DKs to comment on what needs changed. I think Blood Presence needs to be more punishing to sit in, however, as a lot of DKs just camp Blood Pres. for an entire game. I think that also makes an argument that DKs need some love when it comes to the other presences / their survivability when they aren't in Blood Presence.
2. As suggested above, I think Unholy Frenzy should be removable by effects the remove Enrage/Frenzy buffs (Soothe, Shiv, Tranq. Shot). Either that, or lower the duration / rework how it procs damage on the player. 30 second immunity to CC that breaks on damage is pretty insane.Monk:
1. Make Fists of Fury somehow trinketable. Blizzard stated that they want to remove uncounterable abilities, and this is one of them. Yes, you can have a partner CC the monk while he's channeling, but I think a trinket (2m cd) should also counter the effect.
2. Remove the retarded silence from Spear Hand Strike. It's horribly broken (hello Gag Order).
3. Increase the CD on Transcendence to 45 seconds.
4. Increase the ICD of Dematerialize to 20 seconds.
5. I don't know how the damage / healing of monks on PTR are, so I cannot really comment on that.Paladin:
1. Make casting an actual thing again for Holy Paladins.
2. No real idea how to fix Retribution, but giving them a defensive dispel is definitely not the way to do it.
3. Ret survivability is definitely lacking on live.Priest:
1. Increase Psyfiend cooldown 30 seconds.Shaman:Warlock:EDIT: Still working on this. Will update when I wake up from coma.
Edited by Nitric, 18 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.