Photo

PTR 5.2 last needed changes (major issues)

braindeadly 5.2 PTR

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

FB dmg atm on PTR is how it should be, now if only we could cast..... then they should reduce lance damage
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#22 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

mage has high dmg? i wanna play 5.2
is that based with full s13 gear?

#23 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

ye ur right mages will be op freecasting frostbolts all the time, if only they were buffing melee that are traditionally very good at training casters and preventing them getting casts off :) :)

That would be OK if you actually casted to do damage but you don't - fb is just the icing on the cake

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#24 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Frostbolt does abit bigger damage than on live just because there's +5% PvP Power and -1% resilience compared to live. The 24% baseline buff is not even noticable compared to those numbers.

Then again everyone does more damage on PTR than on live due to those numbers.

Edited by Crawthz, 18 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#25 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hunter instant CC is still a problem indeed, something needs to be done. increase the cooldown of silencing shot to 30 seconds (up from 20) and remove the CC ability they get from the pet maybe? monkey stunn/web stunn etc. Would leave them with scatter, trap and a 3 second silence on a 30 sec CD.

This would probably affect hunters alot (maybe too much?) But together with the CC that other classes bring and the damage that goes around atm it needs to be tuned down atleast.
Posted Image

#26 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

haha blizz did some nerfs to cover the real sp buffs

MB + 20% damage
PI +10% damage
PW:I +33% damage i guess

Indeed this does seem to be partial guesswork; while the mind blast buff is legit, the other two are talent choices i cannot see spriests making outside of pve.

Good spriests may correct me on this.

#27 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

What is wrong with scatter trap? You can stop 90% of the traps with good positioning

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#28 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire ././././././2
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2821
  • RBG: 1588

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Frostbolt crits for 70k+ on the PTR.......

it would be fine if they lowered down lance dmg and kept this frostbolt dmg , but they prolly not do that :(

#29 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I agree with most stuff you said, but going after shaman totem health I don't. You shouldn't be able to just tab kill 1 of their big healing/defensive cds without investing some time in killing it.

#30 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

it would be fine if they lowered down lance dmg and kept this frostbolt dmg , but they prolly not do that :(

This would be ok - it's a disgrace for a class that traditionally was rewarded for casting to be dumped down like this (also applies to locks)

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#31 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire ././././././2
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2821
  • RBG: 1588

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I agree with most stuff you said, but going after shaman totem health I don't. You shouldn't be able to just tab kill 1 of their big healing/defensive cds without investing some time in killing it.

hey its a totem not a player , get a clue

#32 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

mind numbing needs to be fixed

http://www.arenajunk...ast-time-slows/

#33 Hexur

Hexur
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2/0

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

edit: not sure if intended but all shaman totems have 42k hp, seems a bit too much healing stream having that much - takes 3-4 globals to kill it

If rogues are gods in 5.2, it will make rshamans pretty squishy since we can't use any totem while silenced, we don't have any escape ability which is usable in silence or stun (every other healer have), only our passive Nature's Guardian which probably wont save us from dying in a coordinated burst if our teammates can't peel, or even if they can, it's not like we have insane instant heals or absorbs for a fast recover.
We have to put a healing totem and start to cast, but with a good rogue on our back and because of Mind-numbling it's hard to get a cast off usually, and if they kill healing totems instantly, it makes it insanely hard to recover.
It's a good idea to give totems some extra health, haters gonna hate. (Forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't played on PTR.)

Edited by Hexur, 18 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#34 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Out of curiousity, how are warriors? Did they fix swifty cooldown stacking yet? Or can you still blow someone up?

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft: CCataclysm

im an idiot

#35 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

not sure if intended but all shaman totems have 42k hp, seems a bit too much healing stream having that much - takes 3-4 globals to kill it

Yeah, hunters should be able to one shot healing stream instantly whilst spam tranq shotting ES and riptide with the stupid amount of spare focus they have available all whilst spamming instant cc.

Oh jk your playing thug, your rogue can destroy the shaman in a single switch because bar trinket they can do nothing but stare at red abilities. All you'd have to do is press bm and pet attack....

I'm really sorry blizzard made it slightly less faceroll to negate the majority of a classes heals.

#36 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Out of curiousity, how are warriors? Did they fix swifty cooldown stacking yet? Or can you still blow someone up?

Slightly harder to blow on cds, but sustained damage (if you know how to do the rotation and assuming you have the right stats) is i-n-s-a-n-e

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#37 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, hunters should be able to one shot healing stream instantly whilst spam tranq shotting ES and riptide with the stupid amount of spare focus they have available all whilst spamming instant cc.

Oh jk your playing thug, your rogue can destroy the shaman in a single switch because bar trinket they can do nothing but stare at red abilities. All you'd have to do is press bm and pet attack....

I'm really sorry blizzard made it slightly less faceroll to negate the majority of a classes heals.

hunters being op doesn't make healing stream not op
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#38 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I've played a fair amount of PTR and without battle fatigue it is really kind of hard to do any sort of testing or really get a feel for how things will play out.

Mages will be very strong (surprise surprise) for sure. Hunters will continue to be very strong, and we should all get ready to welcome our Moonking overlords.

Warrior damage is still very strong, maybe even stronger than it is now but they don't bring much else. Ret feels decent, but probably only because battle fatigue isn't working. Right now you can kite and heal yourself forever unless there are 5+ people on you. I'd like to see Ret be a real class before 5.2 goes live.

#39 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

seems like warlock are fucked for whole MoP, they didn't made any good changes, the gameplay is very very boring and the class is shit in arena, gonna be even worst with 5.2.

#40 Hexur

Hexur
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2/0

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'd like to see Ret be a real class before 5.2 goes live.

I don't... Ret means tripple DPS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: braindeadly, 5.2, PTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<