Photo

PTR 5.2 last needed changes (major issues)

braindeadly 5.2 PTR

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

gonna keep this short - I've been playing PTR and it feels insanely more fun than live, would go as far as saying I'm having as much if not more fun than Season 7/Season 4 arena on it.. mainly due to there actually being diversity in arena, not just KFC and Spriest/x/x comps.

There are a few much needed changes that I feel could make this one of the best seasons:

- Make unholy frenzy dispellable but lower the cooldown by 25-50%(?). This is because having a 30-second undispellable CC immunity is just wrong and does not fit in the current paradigm of arena. (shiv, tranq shot, soothe)

- Ring of peace, probably too low cooldown. Its effects are extremely powerful, the short cooldown makes it over the top.

edit: not sure if intended but all shaman totems have 42k hp, seems a bit too much healing stream having that much - takes 3-4 globals to kill it

edit 2: - The malevolent gear you buy is iLvl 474 or something, so you're basically 20 ilvls behind everyone else than played in Season 12 with full upgraded iLvl 491 gear. This is a major issue which will piss a lot of people off. Fix this blizzard, remove all upgrades off gear when patch 5.2 goes live effectively reverting all malevolent to iLvl 483, that is an easy fix.

Those are the game breaking features or things that stick out a lot that obviously need tweaking.

don't know what you guys think but that's my opinion and a lot of people share it...

Edited by Braindeadly, 19 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

They could just make it tick only once for like 10-15% of your hp in the first tick only and keep it undispellable - no need to keep ticking for 2% every 3 seconds for 30 seconds.

PS: "Absolute scum of the earth playing this class man"

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

and revert powershot fix, its more skill gameplay if the hunter has to move the character in order to line up to hit the moving target.

JK blizzard logic

#4 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Damage is too high on ptr
Edit: especially hunters and rogues.
Edit: and dks

Edited by Jontex, 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

and revert powershot fix, its more skill gameplay if the hunter has to move the character in order to line up to hit the moving target.

JK blizzard logic

it misses even if you line it up, skill-shot doesn't really work well in the WoW engine

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Damage is too high on ptr
Edit: especially hunters and rogues.
Edit: and dks

Yes but mages are worse than all 3 and rogue dmg isn't that high.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#7 venruki

venruki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2603

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

gonna keep this short - I've been playing PTR and it feels insanely more fun than live, would go as far as saying I'm having as much if not more fun than Season 7/Season 4 arena on it.. mainly due to there actually being diversity in arena, not just KFC and Spriest/x/x comps.

There are a few much needed changes that I feel could make this one of the best seasons:

- Make unholy frenzy dispellable but lower the cooldown by 25-50%(?). This is because having a 30-second undispellable CC immunity is just wrong and does not fit in the current paradigm of arena.

- Ring of peace, probably too low cooldown. Its effects are extremely powerful, the short cooldown makes it over the top.

edit: not sure if intended but all shaman totems have 42k hp, seems a bit too much healing stream having that much - takes 3-4 globals to kill it

Those are the game breaking features or things that stick out a lot that obviously need tweaking.

don't know what you guys think but that's my opinion and a lot of people share it...

ring of peace is also bugged right now, it's not supposed to silence when you use defensive cool downs. I would say 8 seconds is probably too long, maybe make it 4-5 seconds. although it is a short cool down, it seems pretty vital for monk survivability vs melee trains.

#8 venruki

venruki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2603

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yes but mages are worse than all 3 and rogue dmg isn't that high.

yeah mages are pretty crazy right now, I do agree. I do find it strange that nobody every complains about shadow priests, they've got nothing but straight damage buffs this patch.

#9 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

yeah mages are pretty crazy right now, I do agree. I do find it strange that nobody every complains about shadow priests, they've got nothing but straight damage buffs this patch.

what kind of dmg buffs we got?im not playing ptr so i have no clue :o

#10 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ye there damage is pretty high but thank fuck for the removal of fade, was ridiculus

Totally agree on unholy frenzy, never been a fan of that spell making a target immune to cc for a such a long period of time just promotes tunnel comps
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#11 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

what kind of dmg buffs we got?im not playing ptr so i have no clue :o

24% damage buff to frostbolt but lost the 5% damage stacking effect for frostbolt is the only damage buff mages got

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#12 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

A few other things:

- Shuriken Toss combined with deadly throw is extremely overpowered vs caster comps. You can literally lock them out forever
- 60 second cloak is too short with all the other survivability they have. i.e CR, feint, ss'ing to teammates

- Conversion + Blood presence needs a tune up. It's like a warrior with permanent second wind
- I think with a nerf to conversion dks need something like AMZ baseline especially if they fix unholy frenzy aswell

- Hunter instant cc is still a problem. With thug cleave and disc priests rising it's going to be stupid.

#13 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

haha blizz did some nerfs to cover the real sp buffs

MB + 20% damage
PI +10% damage
PW:I +33% damage i guess

#14 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

They could just make it tick only once for like 10-15% of your hp in the first tick only and keep it undispellable - no need to keep ticking for 2% every 3 seconds for 30 seconds.

That's actually a good idea.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#15 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

A few other things:

- Shuriken Toss combined with deadly throw is extremely overpowered vs caster comps. You can literally lock them out forever
- 60 second cloak is too short with all the other survivability they have. i.e CR, feint, ss'ing to teammates

- Conversion + Blood presence needs a tune up. It's like a warrior with permanent second wind
- I think with a nerf to conversion dks need something like AMZ baseline especially if they fix unholy frenzy aswell

- Hunter instant cc is still a problem. With thug cleave and disc priests rising it's going to be stupid.

agree with all of this as well, especially the bit about deadly throw + shuriken toss. if they want to start encouraging casters and healers to cast more, it might be a good idea not to give rogues what is basically a 2-3 second cooldown ranged interrupt

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#16 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

24% damage buff to frostbolt but lost the 5% damage stacking effect for frostbolt is the only damage buff mages got

i dont think by saying mages do insane dmg they mean the 5-6k more dmg the frostbolt got :P

#17 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

i dont think by saying mages do insane dmg they mean the 5-6k more dmg the frostbolt got :P

you asked what actual damage buffs we recieved:)

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Of course you are more qualified than me to critique but those are my thoughts on every class on the PTR:

Death knights: Very strong damage and insanely good versus priests - they need a slight damage nerf

Druid: Druids are somewhat balanced (feral/resto). On the other hand boomkins are disgusting - they take way too much damage but with procs they can gib you in a millisecond. 150k starsurges on 67% resilience is the norm

Hunters: They do too much damage - BM is an abomination of a spec, and while super strong, any decent team that will swap and gib the pets removes most of their strengths

Mages: Most op class on the ptr - now frostbolt does tons of damage too. Fire is disgusting (Affx will still defend it). Way, way too many instants

Monks: Imo the most well designed class out there - mistweaver needs a nerf in dematerialize and windwalker could use a 5% damage nerf and a slight buff in survivability. Ring of peace could stay as is BUT with a reduced radii (about 30%)

Paladins: Rets are quite nice with the new buffs and certainly in better shape than on live - holy is still a very strong healing spec, on par with resto shamans and druids

Priest: Shadow could use a slight damage nerf and it would be perfectly fine - disc shield buff was uncalled for and it dragged them from being on par with the other healers to being the strongest one (although heavily countered by dks)

Rogues: Too much utility and strong damage and defense vs casters, but they flop over and die vs any melee from dks to warriors. Some passive melee damage reduction coupled with a slight nerf to feint (~5%) could put them in a decent place.

Shamans: Resto is cool and on par with the other healers - enh is definitely viable - ele is a paradigm for all caster classes right now since they are the only dps caster to actually cast (and does gr8 damage while casting)

Warlocks: The affliction playstyle is simply an aberration - soul burn swap and dot the whole team is unbelievable cheese-y and has no place in arena. Other than this gimmicky ability they are average and they could use a hefty dot damage buff under the condition that they have to cast to get dots up - while at it remove soul shard requirement from haunt which is ridonculous

Warriors: Way way way too high damage - if you manage to master the new rotation (which is not easy) the damage output is almost unhealable. Utility is somewhat limited now with the shockwave nerf. It feels like the start of s6 (with 12 sec charge and intercept) with even more damage. Only problem is that we die almost as fast as rogues which is could because now you have to watch out for your positioning.

#19 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Frostbolt crits for 70k+ on the PTR.......

#20 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Frostbolt crits for 70k+ on the PTR.......

ye ur right mages will be op freecasting frostbolts all the time, if only they were buffing melee that are traditionally very good at training casters and preventing them getting casts off :) :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: braindeadly, 5.2, PTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<