Baht
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I heard from someone that resilience doesnt scale well above a certain value, while that however makes no sense to me whatsoever i just thought i'd ask about it anyways since it never hurts to check. Anyone knows if the stat weights between pvp power and resilience will shift significantly in 5.2? maybe with the added pvp power and resilience on gear n stuff. dont know. Personally i'd like to be able to gem pvp power or offensive stats since i feel like if the dmg is balanced around that instead of everyone gemming resilience it creates more diversity and personalization about gearing.

Also maybe my lightning bolt wont hit like a wet noodle then, but blizz said they'd look into that anyways

#2 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostBaht, on 16 February 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Personally i'd like to be able to gem pvp power or offensive stats since i feel like if the dmg is balanced around that instead of everyone gemming resilience it creates more diversity and personalization about gearing.
personally i think them introducing pvp power gems was the worst idea ever, each class should have a fixed amount of pvp power that is attainable from the best gear they have available, and damage is then balanced around that, not being able to stack gems on top of that to gain 10%-15% more damage.

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 February 2013 - 04:16 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#3 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 February 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

personally i think them introducing pvp power gems was the worst idea ever, each class should have a fixed amount of pvp power that is attainable from the best gear they have available, and damage is then balanced around that, not being able to stack gems on top of that to gain 10%-15% more damage.
if they don't allow players to customize gear arena becomes too predictable

#4 Baht

Baht
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 16 February 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

if they don't allow players to customize gear arena becomes too predictable

i agree with this. the problem with the dmg is not pvp power gems. thats just another dmg boosting stat like any other. ideally gemming full pvp power should increase your dmg only slightly more than full int/agi/str or whatever.

#5 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

How is it not predictable when stat A (resi) is far superior to the alternatives? It leads to two situations in arena: 1) Everyone picks the best stat and you have predictable games or 2) People that just pick up the best stat win cause they werent trying to have an egasm over a small damage increase while getting destroyed by the opposing players that are just able to soak the damage.

Also Resi starts to dr more after around 9k rating on ptr. Out of my head you lose around 0.9% resi when going from live -> ptr with the same amount of rating.

Edited by Methacus, 16 February 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#6 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

players outsmarting blizzard with stat choices is part of the fun.

Also, if rock beats scissors 100% then why would players bother playing a rematch. A lot of people dodge countercomps as is. The fact that player itemization can be bad, players decisions can be bad, and teamwork can be bad, adds a lot of drama to the game keeping it interesting.

#7 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 16 February 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

players outsmarting blizzard with stat choices is part of the fun.

Also, if rock beats scissors 100% then why would players bother playing a rematch. A lot of people dodge countercomps as is. The fact that player itemization can be bad, players decisions can be bad, and teamwork can be bad, adds a lot of drama to the game keeping it interesting.

I don't know why, but i HATE seeing your posts.

Posted Image

#8 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostImprove, on 16 February 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I don't know why, but i HATE seeing your posts.
Possibly because you're in emberstorm?

#9 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

each class should have a fixed amount of pvp power that is attainable from the best gear they have available
This approach to balancing stuff is like trying to get rich while earning 5 dollars and spending five dollars
Shadowmelding since 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<