• Curse Sites
Help

Ring of Peace , Will it go LIVE?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Ring of Peace , Will it go LIVE? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Ring of Peace , Will it go LIVE?

1. Yes , gag order went live too (104 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. No , 45sec cd & you can't trinket ring of peace is just too op (36 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 16 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

why do monks have 2 non-trinketable ccs now.  Fists of fury is a shockwave with the same or more damage, that you can spin around and get everyone + you can't trinket it, and now they have this disgustingly OP ability you can't trinket either.  I thought blizz didn't like abilities that have no counter, yet they put 2 of them in...

Because it's Blizzard?

#22 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostNitric, on 16 February 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Because it's Blizzard?
valid

#23 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

of course it comes live, and will be nerfed when s14 starts

#24 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Even if it was somehow not OP, does the game really need MORE shit like this? Wow

#25 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostZong, on 16 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

It's really not that OP on PTR right now, I'm quite sure it will go live. I think what we're seeing on PTR is pretty much what 5.2 will look like. Which fucking sucks because resil and stam havent scaled at all on the new gear and every single class can do fucktons of damage. Globalfest '13

Global the other guys even faster then, brah.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#26 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Its gonna get through and get nerfed after 5 months duh

#27 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well, the moment the dps monk starts attacking you , your casting is unavoidably disabled for ~ %50 of the arena game and half of that is untrinketable, otherwise, everything is good.

#28 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

its amusing, s5 dks went live the way they were and you are seriously questioning whether they are stupid enough to make this shit go live, wow.

#29 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Well it's basically the melee equivalent of Solar Beam. I think it's good that it's designed defensive, means heals don't get silenced and that is a good choice. Windwalker monks could be too strong with this skill but I think it's ok for Mistweavers. This seems to be a general issue. Chi Wave is either too strong for Windwalkers or too weak for Mistweavers. Same with priests and Phantasm. Solid for disc priests but probably too strong for shadow. Hybrid talent trees are tricky. Still - I think it's ok to overbuff monks for a bit, the class is amazing and not played enough. If it's over the top nerf will come shortly after 5.2 and with rating inflation it won't guarantee a glad spot.

Personally I'm looking forward to Mistweavers being viable in 3v3. They might be gods in RBGs however...

#30 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

cant feint / vanish / blind / wall innit = retarded if used offensively

Edited by khuna, 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#31 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Disarm prevents Vanish/Blind/Feint? Ok, didn't know that. The PTR is lagging brutally for me, can't test anything outside of castsequence macros.

#32 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

no just ring of peace does

#33 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Seems like some lock-out melee mechanic. That changes my opinion quite a bit.

#34 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 23 February 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Seems like some lock-out melee mechanic. That changes my opinion quite a bit.

Yeah, sounds like a bug more than anything. If Disarm doesn't stop vanish/wall/blind etc and silences don't either I don't see what's causing it.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#35 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

It's around the lines of every time you use a harmful spell in the ring, you get disarmed or silenced, over and over again.

Edited by Djandawg, 24 February 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#36 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Ring of Peace with monks is equal to 5.0.5 warrior with Gag Order lockout. Worst thing is, a MW monk can sit on your face with that talent, completely disregarding position or anything. I'd imagine running through bridge on Blade's Edge with Ring of Peace would result in quite retarded gameplays.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#37 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Well it's basically the melee equivalent of Solar Beam. I think it's good that it's designed defensive, means heals don't get silenced and that is a good choice. Windwalker monks could be too strong with this skill but I think it's ok for Mistweavers. This seems to be a general issue. Chi Wave is either too strong for Windwalkers or too weak for Mistweavers. Same with priests and Phantasm. Solid for disc priests but probably too strong for shadow. Hybrid talent trees are tricky. Still - I think it's ok to overbuff monks for a bit, the class is amazing and not played enough. If it's over the top nerf will come shortly after 5.2 and with rating inflation it won't guarantee a glad spot.

Personally I'm looking forward to Mistweavers being viable in 3v3. They might be gods in RBGs however...

Biggest problem is that it's going to be used offensively, especially with that cooldown. ROP during CDs basically makes that person invulnerable to melee(and the target they're on).

It should function differently, by disarming melee who come in it for 8 seconds, affected by weapon chain. Right now it literally prevents everything, you can't even auto attack, neither can pets, you just get to do absolutely nothing while the monk goes to town on your face. Makes you feel pretty helpless as melee.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

They know it's drastic, they said so themselves.  Problem is that nobody is playing Monks in arena right now because they kind of suck.  A Windwalker with full gear and T2 actually hits really hard, and can survive against melee as long as they don't get stunned.  As soon as you throw a caster or a stun into the mix though...

Mistweavers are pretty bad in 3's as well.  They've got decent throughput, high mobility, and absolutely no defense against CC.  In order for them to use any of their utility spells they have to basically be within melee range, which means they're going to get CC'd.

Ring of Peace is kind of a band aid for both problems, but the issues I think we all have with it is the potential for it to be used in other ways and be incredibly overpowered.

All that said, you better believe it's going live.  It's been on the PTR for testing for far too long for them to pull it off now.  It's already had some nerfs, and we're getting right down to the launch date of 5.2.

#39 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostNightmonkey, on 24 February 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

They know it's drastic, they said so themselves.  Problem is that nobody is playing Monks in arena right now because they kind of suck.  A Windwalker with full gear and T2 actually hits really hard, and can survive against melee as long as they don't get stunned.  As soon as you throw a caster or a stun into the mix though...

Mistweavers are pretty bad in 3's as well.  They've got decent throughput, high mobility, and absolutely no defense against CC.  In order for them to use any of their utility spells they have to basically be within melee range, which means they're going to get CC'd.

Ring of Peace is kind of a band aid for both problems, but the issues I think we all have with it is the potential for it to be used in other ways and be incredibly overpowered.

All that said, you better believe it's going live.  It's been on the PTR for testing for far too long for them to pull it off now.  It's already had some nerfs, and we're getting right down to the launch date of 5.2.

People don't play monks because other stuff is super OP. Its like how people don't play enchancement a ton even though its a really strong spec. They are already nerfing a bunch of other stuff, giving monks ring of peace was a really dumb move.

#40 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

ring of rape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<