• Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I think our class is just useless now compared to every other class, we have nothing to give and replacable by everything.

We got nerfed so fucking hard with MoP ...

- No more Shadowflame, which was one of the most important spell.

- Have to choose between Howl or DC, they did a big misstake here, what did they think about when doing that ? It's like a Rsham having to choose between SLT or instant heal, make no sense.

- Soul Harvest : double nerf, no longer give shards and doesn't really heal like the old spell back in cata.

- Spiritual Link : totally broken abillity now, if your pet got damaged, your green bar goes away so fast.

- Haunt cost a shard, dafuq seriously : it's the main spell of affliction and you can use it only a couple of times during an arena ? dafuq

- Sacrifial Pact / Dark Bargain : Could be good in certain situations but that's all.

- Blood Fear : dumb abillity but it compensated a bit our very low damage, basically you CC while your mate do the job.
Now, they nerfed it, so we have shit CC and shit damage, affliction will probably be the worst spec in arena on 5.2

- Burning Rush : Dafuq with this talent, they just choose to add it randomly before the xpac goes live or what ?

- Unbound Will : I think it could be "okay" now, i mean, better than nothing because they nerfed blood fear but 20% health seems a bit too much for me, if someone notice you play with this talent, they gonna train you i guess.

- Supremacy/Service/Sacrifice : Doesn't really help, nothing good about those talents, seems like they made that very quickly.

Our final talents :

- Archimonde's Vengeance : What the fuck ? So useless xd.

- Kil'Jaeden's Cunning : I don't like this talent tbh, maybe because i'm not used with it, i dunno.

- Mannoroth's Fury : Talent for scrubs in rbg.

I think we need that to be competitive again :

- Shadowflame back.
- Haunt doesn't cost a shard anymore.
- If the bloodfear nerf goes live, Howl need to be a affliction base talent.
- Spiritual Link need to work like it was before.

Enjoy 5.2 guys xD

Edited by ezeaz, 16 February 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#2 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Crazy dmg, crazy surivability and good cc, great synergy with shamans, affliction or warlocks in general arent in a bad state, just that spriest overlord class is better than every caster in general.
Posted Image

#3 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2970
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2289

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

i think one of the biggest problems with aff is that it still actually has to lifetap when all the other casters just have infinite mana. but everything else you listed pretty much sucks with it as well.

#4 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/0/.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

who cares..

#5 drmongrel

drmongrel

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

QQing here sure helps

#6 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Crazy dmg : Not crazy but good with Demon Sould activated, damage might be the main problem of affliction atm. You can't do constant damage anymore like affliction is used to work.

Crazy surivability : As destro yes, but as affli the survivability have nothing crazy.

Good CC : Yes, it was the only good thing making us "just playable" but it got nerfed in 5.2

Edited by ezeaz, 16 February 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#7 Noname

Noname

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Don't worry, there is a place for a lock in pretty much every 5.2 top comp.
Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#8 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

warlocks are very strong on 5.2 Ptr so stop bitching

#9 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostSnackumz, on 16 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

i think one of the biggest problems with aff is that it still actually has to lifetap when all the other casters just have infinite mana. but everything else you listed pretty much sucks with it as well.

This. Having 500k health doesn't mean much when you spend half of it just to play the game.
<Memorable quote>

#10 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postezeaz, on 16 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

- No more Shadowflame, which was one of the most important spell.

- Have to choose between Howl or DC, they did a big misstake here, what did they think about when doing that ? It's like a Rsham having to choose between SLT or instant heal, make no sense.

- Soul Harvest : double nerf, no longer give shards and doesn't really heal like the old spell back in cata.

- Spiritual Link : totally broken abillity now, if your pet got damaged, your green bar goes away so fast.

- Haunt cost a shard, dafuq seriously : it's the main spell of affliction and you can use it only a couple of times during an arena ? dafuq

- Unbound Will : I think it could be "okay" now, i mean, better than nothing because they nerfed blood fear but 20% health seems a bit too much for me, if someone notice you play with this talent, they gonna train you i guess.

- Supremacy/Service/Sacrifice : Doesn't really help, nothing good about those talents, seems like they made that very quickly.

- Kil'Jaeden's Cunning : I don't like this talent tbh, maybe because i'm not used with it, i dunno.

Sucks that we lost shadowflame, one of your biggest tools to kite with gone sucks.

Both are needed considering how easy it is to tunnel a shaman

Its called drain souling a pet / apparation / whatever, if you thought the heal was good and needed you're ignorant, i prefer dark regen anyday

Its called Soul Link and you're getting half the effect it had free next patch together with the new Soul Link (which is kinda shitty) / Pact (which is gonna be REALLY strong next patch ( sac 100k hp from yourself get a 400k shield ) or Bargain (which is still an undispellable immunity, even though it ticks for a shit load when you have people hammering you)

Haunt needs another mechanic, outside of that i'm cool with it, does considerable damage now and you can spam it...

Unbound will is terrible against any comp that has some form of dispel protection

How is more damage + extra hp / utility from pets or yourself bad

You should learn to play with it then :), KJ cunning is one of the best end talents in the game

Also I wonder what happened to this: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=103111 (if it would have a cd, it would fix every coil complaint)

#11 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

it is awful to see warlocks not be the best caster anymore. i would hate to see other classes in arena

#12 Renn

Renn
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

afflication lol

warlocks are still going to be really good in 5.2.  maybe you just gotta get used to the new warlock.  for some ppl its hard esp when they dont like the changes

#13 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

I don't understand these posts from people saying that Locks are going to be super strong in 5.2.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

fel armor change helps but isnt anywhere near close to enough.

that is all. people are making stuff up.

#15 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2429
  • 3v3: 2644
  • 5v5: 2648
  • RBG: 2454

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Give all warlocks ember tap

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#16 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostNadagast, on 16 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

I don't understand these posts from people saying that Locks are going to be super strong in 5.2.

They aren't going to be super strong, but they are going to be strong enough to run multiple top tier comps

#17 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

love seeing warlocks cry
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#18 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

One thing people seem to also miss out on:

Warlock is so shit to play now, not even because of how weak it is, just the play style has been destroyed.

#19 Dusern

Dusern
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/0/0
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostNycto, on 17 February 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

One thing people seem to also miss out on:

Warlock is so shit to play now, not even because of how weak it is, just the play style has been destroyed.

This so much, game is just so boring spamming instant dots all over and instant fears (getting fixed next patch I guess), but still.

Maybe its fun in PVE to spam soulburn+soulswap everywhere, but I doubt it.

I agree on the things the OP said, but I still think that this play style is so boring.

I actually wrote a wall of text regarding this matter not so long ago on the forums http://eu.battle.net...84286?page=1#10

My suggestions are proberally not the best, but read if you want to.

#20 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

I can't see playing afflic lock would be very satisfying now.  They seem to have dropped the skill cap a lot with Cds and ability to swap dots.  I can't tell a good from bad lock anymore.  Arena starts, big dot swap, crazy damage for 1 ish min, then the lock falls over if someone doesn't die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<