• Curse Sites
Help

mind numbing (+ other cast time slows)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tist

Tist

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

is there a valid reason that mind numbing and other cast slows still exist in their current state, applying negatively to hots and dots - absolutely buttfucking resto druids?

why was this ever changed to effect anything past just casting time? I realize it was probably an unintended side effect of scaling everything with haste, but this seriously needs to go.

I have not been on the PTR but I haven't heard anything about mind numbing other than shuriken toss not applying nonlethal poisons.

I know it's not a huge deal now, but resto druid is in line to be the worst healer bar none come 5.2, and every other team will have a rogue or DK (welcome back necrotic spam...), which just makes things even worse.  Trying to heal or cast with a rogue and/or another melee sitting your nuts is already bad enough, why does mind numbing have to excessively penalize what casts you DO get off as well?

I've been planning to play spriest/rdruid/x next patch for awhile now having leveled my priest not too long ago - and if mind numbing stays in current state it will be nothing but detrimental to take a druid over any other healer (even mistweaver looks to be good come 5.2) given what will likely be a vast increase in rogues and DKs next season.

Edited by Tist, 16 February 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#2 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

yup

remove that shit yo

#3 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

remove ring of peace first. that shit has got to go. casting slows are dumb tho ill admit

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostNitric, on 16 February 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

yup

remove that shit yo

I personaly agree with the above qouted post, but i most say that the old mind numbing mechanic is more of an mechanic thats been struggeling to stay in this game, we see changes and changes, but it seems like the devs didint really think about this when they intruduced haste and other dot scaling mechanics, slowing the cast does not only slow the cast (cast bar) but also the effects the spells provide and the uptime, this means that doting/hoting classes will be hit double as it does not only complete its task by slowing the spell cast, but also a fattigue hidden hit to the hots/dots you have up, i do believe blizzard will have to look into this sooner or later, it belongs in a museum.

#5 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostZerlog, on 16 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I personaly agree with the above qouted post, but i most say that the old mind numbing mechanic is more of an mechanic thats been struggeling to stay in this game, we see changes and changes, but it seems like the devs didint really think about this when they intruduced haste and other dot scaling mechanics, slowing the cast does not only slow the cast (cast bar) but also the effects the spells provide and the uptime, this means that doting/hoting classes will be hit double as it does not only complete its task by slowing the spell cast, but also a fattigue hidden hit to the hots/dots you have up, i do believe blizzard will have to look into this sooner or later, it belongs in a museum.

Blizzard logic continues to amaze me every day.

I was thinking about Mind Numbing poison in general and it can't get any dumber than that. Every class has multiple ways to interrupt the cast and with this they don't have to bother and with upcoming rise of rogues it would be even harder to get anything off not to mention the effect of slowing down dot/hot ticks.
Member of AJ Gentleman's Club- A fine gentleman!

#6 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 16 February 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

remove ring of peace first. that shit has got to go. casting slows are dumb tho ill admit

ring of peace with 45sec cd is the most retarded shit ever

#7 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I always thought casting slows -- if they really need to be in the game -- should be on-use, cooldown abilities. It's beyond stupid to just have this passive effect that not only takes no effort or thought to apply but also is EXTREMELY penalizing to the other team. However, if it was a 1 minute CD "your target casts slower for 5 seconds" I could at least begin to see its place in the game as it would at least promote some skilful decision-making.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 16 February 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#8 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

The thing is, most melee have two interrupt/silences and they have 2 stuns(or 1 stun 1 grip), and then there is pushback.
I just can't understand why push back and cast speed reduction effects are in the game, it is already borderline impossible to cast while getting trained anyway.

Edited by Djandawg, 17 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#9 cellblock

cellblock
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

why would you want to use mind numb instead of wound/paralytic.

#10 Tist

Tist

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postcellblock, on 17 February 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

why would you want to use mind numb instead of wound/paralytic.

because right now wound/mn is practically the equivalent of a 50% MS against druids.

why WOULDNT you run wound/mn vs any caster team is the question...

again, casting slows are way WAY too strong right now, and are being completely overlooked because the classes that consistently bring them - DK and rogue - are heavily underrepresented.

While this effects druids more than anything else, it's still absolutely over the top against any caster in general given the current state of the game.

Guarantee this will magically turn into a huge deal come patch (along with such obvious things like Ring of Peace) and by then it'll be a "well we're going to look at that for 5.3" concern - this doesn't seem like something that's easily just hotfixed.

Edited by Tist, 18 February 2013 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<