• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostPharaun, on 16 February 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Samsung?  Both Apple and Samsung pull in like a hundred billion dollars a year selling smartphones at insane profit margins.  Samsung just has a lot of other not-so-profitable businesses (for example building Apple's smartphone parts, lol).

my post was made of fucking sarcasm.

idiot
Posted Image

#23 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

ok 2w
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#24 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

fuck off reliuna

#25 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

i hate it that everyone is buying apple products now. i loved it when mac's were only used by a few people (service was better, now you can't get around to talk to someone @ the apple store because everyone is trying to get a hold of that guy). now any idiot feels the need to use an apple.
also i don't think they are overpriced, they are expensive yes but you pay for quality of the made product (f. eg allluminum laptop) and for their software that works like a charm.
Posted Image

#26 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

View Post_Abulafia_, on 16 February 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

i hate it that everyone is buying apple products now. i loved it when mac's were only used by a few people (service was better, now you can't get around to talk to someone @ the apple store because everyone is trying to get a hold of that guy). now any idiot feels the need to use an apple.
also i don't think they are overpriced, they are expensive yes but you pay for quality of the made product (f. eg allluminum laptop) and for their software that works like a charm.
embarrassing

Spoiler

#27 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

i hate successful companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#28 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I hate people that buy good devices!!!
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#29 Simmiwis

Simmiwis
  • Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

crapple and good product don't belong in the same sentence.

#30 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Delusional. Overpriced and overhyped? yes. Bad product? no.

#31 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostSimmiwis, on 16 February 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

crapple and good product don't belong in the same sentence.

but "apple" and good product do.
Posted Image

#32 gingerfuck

gingerfuck
  • Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I just use an "Android mini-pc" as a media center. It's just ICS running on a small stick a bit chunkier than a USB drive.

Connects to TV via HDMI, use a wireless mouse/keyboard using USB, and uses SIM cards. I've liked it so far.

The only issue is that it isn't compatible with Hulu due to how they (poorly) do their resolution management for android devices. Works with Netflix/any other application I've installed.

#33 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!

#34 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I wouldn't buy anything by apple because it's overpriced and how the tech market advances so quickly (ROI is shit).  That and other companies put out products just as good for cheaper.  That doesn't mean apple is crap, just that you are spending $$$ on a name.

Unfortunately that extra $ attracts some of the most obnoxious and ignorant people,thus the apple hipster is born.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#35 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well frankly, I've owned all versions of iPhone except 4S and I've used Android devices extensively too. Android just never felt right to me, kinda like the old Windows OS (pre 7) that constantly required maintenance and shit constantly broke or didn't work right, whereas iOS was just always solid and straightforward. Hence I always preferred iPhone even if some Samsung smartphones hardware was ahead.

There's something similar with laptops, too. Windows on a laptop just pisses me off, especially if I have to use the touchpad - too many things rely on right clicking which is annoying on a touchpad, it lacks more than half the shortcuts and gestures that exist in OS X, manufacturers always fuck with the Windows OS to the point you have to reinstall it upon purchase, less tech savvy users also love to ruin their Windows OS with retarded antiviruses, firewalls, stupid shit in tray/background, etc.

Even knowing how overpriced it is (in terms of hardware cost), I feel like paying for a hardcoded for a specific set of hardware, solid, stable, polished, and extensively tested system is well worth it. Even the upgrade cycle is good, because if they allowed people to replace whatever the fuck they want, it'd quickly become the same compatibility mess as in Windows; besides, who the fuck upgrades hardware in laptops/smartphones anyway?

Try installing hackintosh, you'll quickly realize how much OS X depends on its hardware, and that's more of a good thing in my opinion - less pointless standards and compatibility layers between software/hardware, less potential sources of problems. Windows is generally a much more open platform, but openness in OSes is overhyped and for the average user it just brings more issues than comfort, and I'm saying this as somebody who fucking loves solving software issues.

The only exception to this is a gaming PC, or perhaps a stationary PC in general. I never game on my laptop and probably never will, I just want my mobile devices to work, and I don't see the point in iMacs. All of this is just my personal opinion and I'm biased, but my point is that if even I, someone who's quite tech savvy, see it this way, then what about all the people who can break shit just by touching it?

#36 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I don't like Apple products, but that is because I'm good with computers / electronics.  I don't like them because their products aren't compatible with anything else.  They don't follow industry standards just so they can get extra money out of you.  For instance every other phone has a small USB port to charge the phone / data transfer.  Iphone has a different port so you have to buy their chargers and data cables, which they sell at a much higher cost than a standard USB cable/charger.

I can see why the main stream people like them, because they are very simple to use and do a very good job.  If you are not tech savy and are willing to pay a little extra than they are perfect for you.  If you have the slightest clue what you are doing then why pay extra, unless you aren't bothered about the money and want convenience?
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#37 MattChuck

MattChuck
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 15 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

did you hear about the steam box?
people also say it will kill consoles.
Isn't it a console as well?

#38 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostMattChuck, on 24 February 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Isn't it a console as well?
i have no idea what it is. i think it is basically a mini pc that only runs steam and works on linux. you only see the steam interface and buy games there. so i guess it could be called a console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<