• EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

The system needs a revamp to refresh if anything. If you have been posting on these forums for a long time you can see the decline in activity on these forums alone. I remember in previous expansions the battlegroup forums being very activate mainly people trolling bashing each other but never the less more active and at least fun to read. People making guides and videos daily not like now.

I really think blizzard needs to move away from the ladder system and go more towards on-line regular tournaments  A structure like choosing a arena/rbg tournament similar to how you would choose a poker tournament would be nice. A large list of available tournaments ran by players and by blizzard. Having options to eliminate people based on experience and gear / comps could be interesting too.

#22 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostAmiza, on 17 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

The system needs a revamp to refresh if anything. If you have been posting on these forums for a long time you can see the decline in activity on these forums alone. I remember in previous expansions the battlegroup forums being very activate mainly people trolling bashing each other but never the less more active and at least fun to read. People making guides and videos daily not like now.
thats because battlegroups actually used to have competitions for glad spots, rank 1 spots, with normally the same people competing, so over the course of seasons you got to know who your main competition was and hated/got friendly with them because of it. now no1 competes, a better team transfers to get rank 1 in 3s or 5s and rather then try to fight it out any existing team with rank 1 aspirations gives up and transfers to some backwater bg to get rank 1 going 40-2 or something. people used to actually enjoy the competition, and forum rage/banter was part of and came from enjoying that competition. now all anyone cares about is titles, and the easiest, least competitive way to get them, and thats not really the sort of thing that inspires people on a lower skill level or new entrants to the game to have something to look up to. no1 types in battlegroup forums now because its actually pointless, since no1 stays on the same battlegroup anymore if they cant get a free rank 1 or glad spot there.

if they actually want to increase arena participation, the best thing they could do is cut the majority of the dead battlegroups that currently exist only to hand teams free rank 1 in 5s, merge all the battlegroups into 2-3 large battlegroups, and then force teams that care enough about titles to actually have to fight for them, then sit back and see the increased enjoyment and player involvement that comes from both the people actively involved in competing and those who dont or are unable to compete but enjoy watching streams etc

the point is, increasing the competitiveness of something makes it more enjoyable for all involved, and at the moment, certain aspects of pvp in this game are simply not competitive enough, and in my opinion that is one of the main reasons for the falling interest in wow arena pvp

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 17 February 2013 - 04:12 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<