89 replies to this topic

#1 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Here's a new one, and I'm back on YT!

March:

Edited by skylar1, 28 March 2013 - 12:35 AM.

WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#2 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Trance is the best

nice tracks

I get most of mine from Beatport

my lastest purchase : http://www.beatport....d-remix/4093132

all the remixes to this are gr8

#3 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yeah James Dymond's remix is the best I agree :)
WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#4 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2409
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

This is awesome, good link!

#5 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

What is trance exactly?

I like Underworld and I've heard them called trance but that's all I know.
Posted Image

#6 Brian_Emo

Brian_Emo
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

a subgenre of electronic dance music pioneered by progressive rock and experimental electronic music from Germany that is now extremely formulaic and usually listened to by a certain demographic charaterized through worship of internet phenomenom 'zyzz', lifting weights, chugging beers and partying at every opportunity

#7 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Tiësto and Armin van Buuren are the biggest names in the trance genre, both Dutch.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#8 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hhahah thanks for the feedback guys!

@Buglamp - Trance is a style of electronic dance music that developed in the 1980s. Trance music is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 160 BPM, featuring repeating melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track. It often features crescendos and breakdowns. Sometimes vocals are also utilized. The style is arguably derived from a combination of largely electronic music such as ambient music, techno, and house. In the early 1980s, the German composer Klaus Schulze composed several albums of experimental, atmospheric space music. Two of his albums from the 1980s include the word “trance” in their titles: Trancefer (1981) and En=Trance (1987). The early trance act Dance 2 Trance though it is likely that both these uses are linked to the perceived ability of a drum beat to induce altered states of consciousness, aka a trance. As this music is almost always played in nightclubs at popular vacation spots and in inner cities, trance can be understood as a form of club music.

@Brian_emo - hahah while your answer is complete crap it actually gave me a laugh :D

@Liptonice - Sadly Tiesto not anymore... he's gone all to EDM. But Armin is still the biggest name around :)

Edited by skylar1, 15 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#9 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostBrian_Emo, on 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

a subgenre of electronic dance music pioneered by progressive rock and experimental electronic music from Germany that is now extremely formulaic and usually listened to by a certain demographic charaterized through worship of internet phenomenom 'zyzz', lifting weights, chugging beers and partying at every opportunity
lifting weights, chugging beers and partying at every opportunity > whatever progressive rock and experimental electronic music fans from Germany do :D

View PostZenneroth, on 03 March 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#10 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Why tree didn't flame this thread yet?
Posted Image

#11 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

a ) you didn't defile it with your presence yet
b )

View PostBrian_Emo, on 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#12 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postskylar1, on 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

@Liptonice - Sadly Tiesto not anymore... he's gone all to EDM.
Do you even know what the abbreviations you're using stand for?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#13 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yes I do, no need to provoke me like that.

Trance is not EDM and I hope it will never be (I listen to EDM aswell).

Of course if you're going to say EDM is electronic dance music and tehnically trance is EDM, but anyone with tiny bit knowledge about real 'EDM' and real 'trance' will differ ;)
WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#14 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

real EDM x D

#15 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

i always loved trance, since I heard ATB 9pm when I was like 3 I never forgot it

I heard it again 2 yrs ago and remember it, over 12 years and It was stuck in my head, dat feel, classic

#16 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postskylar1, on 15 February 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes I do, no need to provoke me like that.

Trance is not EDM and I hope it will never be (I listen to EDM aswell).

Of course if you're going to say EDM is electronic dance music and tehnically trance is EDM, but anyone with tiny bit knowledge about real 'EDM' and real 'trance' will differ ;)
lmfao

Please make sense and stop lying to yourself that you have an actual idea of what you're talking about, and go educate yourself instead.

Edited by Thaya, 16 February 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#17 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Dude, EDM is a term for a bunch of genres, obviously. But, there's a genre 'within' EDM which we these days call EDM (if I can express myself this way) and it's heard in today's SHM/Tiesto/Avicii and many other less known artists such as Leventina/TyDi/Porter Robinson/CAZZETTE .... - many will say they're producing house/prog house, which isn't untrue, but it grew into a genre we call mainstream EDM, because it does not only contain elements of 2000's house, but elements from other genres such as progressive, trance, even dubstep.

If you're going to prove a point on this, please do, I'd like to hear if you actually know anything, are you even trying to prove a point or just trolling?
WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#18 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Does "we" refer to the virtual world you live in? Here in the real world EDM stands for electronic dance music, and it refers to all electronic dance music there is.

"A genre we call mainstream EDM" - well maybe call it mainstream then instead of creating a genre of EDM within EDM because that's just fucking retarded? And let me remind you that progressive trance was mainstream a decade ago. I too hope that it will never become mainstream again, but please don't say that trance is not electronic dance music.

Edited by Thaya, 16 February 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#19 skylar1

skylar1
  • Junkies

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

You sound like a guy who doesn't really listen to a lot of EDM.
WARBOUND BROSTORMS

#20 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

EDM EDM EDM EDM EDM EDM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<