Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2067

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone else realized that Ret pally's are the only two handed melee who really get shafted on the weapon chain deal?
Dk's have their runes, warriors their glove bonus, and the other melee have two weapons to put it on their off hand.
I guess an argument can be made that warriors damage is ALL melee weapon damage.. but what about DK's in comparison to ret?

Just a thought

#2 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

do any dks even use their weapon chain? i haven't seen any, maybe because there's no dks this season or something.
Posted Image

#3 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't know if DKs still do this, but use to, they would haev 2 weapons. 1 with wep chain rune enchant, and the other one with the ofefnsive enchant. and they would swap weapons when they felt a disarm was coming, such as. they'd pop cooldowns, swap weapons, get disarm. swap to main weapon. I dont' know if they still do that now a days, seems like more thought put into a game that requires little thought process. Same with rets too really, alot of old rets would do that.

Edited by Godx, 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#4 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

If you had posted this as a Hunter one year ago everyone would have laughed at you.

#5 Gsgsgsgsgs

Gsgsgsgsgs

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

you're doofus bonerjams

#6 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostGodx, on 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

I don't know if DKs still do this, but use to, they would haev 2 weapons. 1 with wep chain rune enchant, and the other one with the ofefnsive enchant. and they would swap weapons when they felt a disarm was coming, such as. they'd pop cooldowns, swap weapons, get disarm. swap to main weapon. I dont' know if they still do that now a days, seems like more thought put into a game that requires little thought process. Same with rets too really, alot of old rets would do that.
jk double upgrade everything
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#7 Retset

Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postandysc, on 14 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

If you had posted this as a Hunter one year ago everyone would have laughed at you.

Ya, i totally understand where you are coming from. But considering that blizzard for some reason is normalizing every class to the point where everyone has a kick, an immune, big damage reduction and so on.. I was wondering why this was over looked.

On those grounds.. Our shield wall is also garbage considering a lot of what is out there. Using a major glyph to get 20% damage reduction is kinda bs in my opinion..
Might explain a bit more why our survivability is shit this season.... (KFC KFC KFC KFC)

Just another thought - if they are normalizing the game, not doing it right

#8 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

i would have 0 conq right now if i bought 2 weps, maybe next season. In season 11 i had 3. Even had spellshattering for 50% silences. maybe next season without dumb upgrades
Posted Image

#9 Retset

Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostJustwoo, on 14 February 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

do any dks even use their weapon chain? i haven't seen any, maybe because there's no dks this season or something.

No they don't. That was my point.. that rets are kinda the only ones that need to.

View PostGodx, on 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Ya, those were the good days, but now since swapping weapons is a global, and the "upgrading" system...cant really get two sets of weapons even if you're doing RBG's.
Sad how you are forced to do RBG's.... but then remember that your a class not accepted in them.

#10 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostRetset, on 14 February 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Ya, i totally understand where you are coming from. But considering that blizzard for some reason is normalizing every class to the point where everyone has a kick, an immune, big damage reduction and so on.. I was wondering why this was over looked.

On those grounds.. Our shield wall is also garbage considering a lot of what is out there. Using a major glyph to get 20% damage reduction is kinda bs in my opinion..
Might explain a bit more why our survivability is shit this season.... (KFC KFC KFC KFC)

Just another thought - if they are normalizing the game, not doing it right
I know what you mean bro, it must suck. I wish every melee also had huge heals for themselves and bigger heals for their partner....
Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#11 Owies

Owies
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2361

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

You bring up a good point, but just last week i was wondering Has anyone else realized that Ret pally's are the only two handed melee who really get shafted on the weapon chain deal? Dk's have their runes, warriors their glove bonus, and the other melee have two weapons to put it on their off hand. I guess an argument can be made that warriors damage is ALL melee weapon damage.. but what about DK's in comparison to ret? Just a thought
Posted Image

#12 Retset

Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostGodx, on 14 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I know what you mean bro, it must suck. I wish every melee also had huge heals for themselves and bigger heals for their partner....

I understand your frustrations being a rogue this season friend - dont need to take it out on me.
A support class is a support class is a support class.
Want to bitch about offheals, go to a S priest forum

#13 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

huehue 50k wog, brb no damage for the next 10 seconds while i try to get that holy power back.
so op.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

what? cmon now ret offheals aren't even that good this season.

#15 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

did they do anything to rets healing on PTR? cuz its actually insane there

#16 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

I too know what you mean bro. I wish every melee could solo people 100-0 in a stun.

#17 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

rert/ret/ret new fotm 5.2
Posted Image