Frango
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Well tbh this is my reaction to a lot of changes Blizzard does. What are your thougths about the fact that the upgraded Malevolent gear will be better then the honor gear? This meaning that a lot of players will have a disadventage at the start of next season.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

its just bullshit, blizz strikes again...ppl who are leveling their second characters on diff realms/factions, new classes etc etc is going to be undergeared for a very very long time and its not an even playfield so blizz only promotes cheesy play just overgearing and winning in the end cus of mana or your team is not doing enough damage (crits etc because the main stats, agi, int,str etc is to low) but the pvp power is more does not matter at all in teh end if you ask me

#3 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

#blizzardlogic

really dumb that people who grind out ~25k+ honor are still going to be behind people that just bought full malev from this season. It's all because of LFR ilvl requirements too. They don't want people just grinding honor to get into LFR easily (despite LFR being a fucking joke).

7 ilvl difference is a pretty huge difference.

Edited by Nitric, 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just make PVP gear not usable in raids and PVE gear over a certain ilvl not usuable in PVP... problem solved.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

idc cba grinding honor

#6 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

its actually the most retarded shit ever

#7 Protectah

Protectah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yeah but lets see this from a different point of view... this is a long season and there will be team rating inflation... the end of the season 'should' be where it comes down to and everyone will be on equal gear.

Blizzard said in a blue it is their intention to give people who have played in the previous season an advantage into the next. That is completely fair IMO. It also wont decide titles. 7ilvl behind someone? Good. You will have to play better and then steamroll people when on equal gear.

There is lots of positive changes like being able to change spec and be geared after 27k earned, catchup points etc.

#8 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostProtectah, on 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Blizzard said in a blue it is their intention to give people who have played in the previous season an advantage into the next. That is completely fair IMO.

so the fact that it's completely stupid and unfair is what makes it fair?  ok.

#9 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Solution, set ilvl to 0 and say "fuck you" to any LFR hero who can't do dungeons on their own and need to afk battlegrounds for LFR entry. I mean are PvP players really getting assfucked by LFR?
jk PvE game

Edited by Crawthz, 14 February 2013 - 02:09 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

looking forward for the first time ever to not having to grind a full new honor set when a new season starts in order to have the best possible starter gear, and a ilvl difference of 7 is nothing really to cry about compared to some of the differences in the past, and how much work in general they have put into making it easier to gear up this season.

crying that honor gear is slightly lower ilvl then fully upgraded previous seasons epic gear, while considering all the other changes together as well, is like crying about the taste of a cake just because you don't like one of the cherries on top, get over it really

View PostNitric, on 14 February 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

#blizzardlogic

really dumb that people who grind out ~25k+ honor are still going to be behind people that just bought full malev from this season. It's all because of LFR ilvl requirements too. They don't want people just grinding honor to get into LFR easily (despite LFR being a fucking joke).

if you actually stop to think instead of just rage posting, a system like this is actually more logical and consistent compared to how gearing in pve works when a new raid is released, previously top geared characters gradually replace their current sets as better items drop and fresh characters grind new starter gear that was introduced at the launch of the new content to allow them to catch up quickly

regardless of how the logic seems stupid to you personally, to them i imagine it actually makes nice sense

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 14 February 2013 - 02:09 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#11 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

So I compared the stat differences between the monk mw sets, copperskin with full meditation offset/trinkets/rings. No gems/enchants/socket bonus obviously. It is a pretty massive disadvantage, especially for healers because pvp power is not exactly an important stat. Full honor malev will have 28k less HP than 2/2 upgraded players, but its possible the resil increase will help alleviate this difference. Most annoying thing for me is that the s12 t2 2/2 is higher ilvl than s13 weapon, and this means people will be at a disadvantage until the 27k conquest point elite gear.

Posted Image

Edited by maarko, 14 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Spoiler

#12 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Don't know if it has been posted already, but some pve trinkets look really good for pvp aswell:

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen

#13 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

We are talking about the elite epic gear or just the 7,2k min cp req epic gear?
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#14 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Remove the fcking gear upgrade tool already , it was the most retarded shit ever

#15 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Did I not read before that the upgrades would be removed with the patch?
Posted Image

#16 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostDarksoldierr, on 14 February 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

We are talking about the elite epic gear or just the 7,2k min cp req epic gear?

Normal epic gear

#17 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostApplejackxD, on 14 February 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Did I not read before that the upgrades would be removed with the patch?

Ya i read this somewhere too , can any1 confirm it?

Edited by Shock1911, 14 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#18 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

The resi boost is actually going to be really nice, sure you will lack in stats but you take a lot less damage as well due to insane resi scaling.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#19 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

don't really give a shit about "even playing field" just wish gear scaling wasnt so absurd, in season 8 I could make an alt get full furious honor gear and still be able to compete, now it's damn near impossible to get anywhere with full honor gear. That needs to be fixed, sure you might say it could be fixed if they made all the gear equal, but it's an MMO, there needs to be some sense of gear progression. Just not so huge of a difference.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#20 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

its been like that since s9 ended so i dont see why ppl are surprised , i was 100% sure this was gna happend

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honor gear, gear, honor, 5.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<