• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostLieto, on 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

you should be grateful that they didnt force you to start with crafted blue set lol

Thats 5.3 plans

#22 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

On my 2nd mage I have been buying pieces and upgrading them instead of buying a new piece. With this I nearly have all my main pieces ready, so I will just need off pieces. I recommend you all do the same for alts.

#23 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostBidj, on 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

The Patch 5.2 Malevolent gear may have more PvP power and Resilience, but Patch 5.1 Malevolent gear has higher Item levels and as such stats. To have more clarity on this you can read the below comparisons:

5.1 Malevolent Gear has a higher ilevel than 5.2 Malevolent Gear.
5.2 Malevolent Gear has more PvP Power/Resilience than 5.1 Malevolent Gear.
5.1 Malevolent Gear
483 ilevel (491 with 2/2 upgrades)
~30 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
5.2 Malevolent Gear
476 ilevel
~36 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience

In the end, the effective Ilvl of patch 5.2 and 5.1 Malevolent gear puts them at about equal. The reason for lowering the item level and increasing the PvP stats for the 5.2 version of Malevolent gear is because we want players to run 5.0 LFR, this means that the Ilvl of honor gear needs to be lower than the entry requirement of 483. The result of this was lowering the Ilvl (stats) of the gear, but increasing it's PvP power and resilience to compensate. That difference in power you feel is going to be extremely prominent, is actually quite minor.

Posted like 4 or 5 days ago.

The difference will be near to non existent ; if you lose your games against opponents with only 8 more ilvl, you probably deserve it. And while still being at a little disadvantage at the beginning of the season, you will be able to compete at 2k2+/2k4+ without a problem and the gap in gear will narrow very quickly as the season pass.

^This,

The problem was the huge gap between dreadful --> mal.  Mal 0/2 ----> Mal 2/2 was minor.  We've never lost a 3s game and been like "ohh shit we need to upgrade more" but we have definitely said "need to get out of some of those blues".  When you are talking close to 20 ilevel diff between pieces of gear that's HUGE.  

I am completely fine with SLIGHTLY rewarding players that play more than me, as long as I can overcome that disadvantage with better play.  Having a dreadful -> mal advantage should not exist.  As someone said this is an MMO.

Healers should be bitching and dps is FINE.  Most dps classes are stacking pvp power anyway when you are in full mal (casters pushing near 20k sp).  Pvp power for healers sucks and they still need int/spirit for output.

Buff healers 5.2 mal gear.

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostSeu, on 20 February 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

people with full upgraded last season gear will have ~1k more main stat (int str etc) and ~2k more stam

honor gear people will have around ~780 more pvp power, and ~780 more resil (which fucking drs)

the difference will be pretty noticable for dps, and REALLY noticable for healers. nice one though

Fair enough,

Now what's the difference between this season's full dreadful and full mal gear?  I don't have time to run the numbers but I'm guessing it is around 50k hp.

Has it gotten significantly better?

#25 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostSalutations, on 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Blizzard take LFR a lot more seriously than arena.

Why wouldn't they ? LFR is their main business here, i bet that participation in LFR is like 500 % better than in arena. So why would they focus on arena.

#26 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

oops .dfs

Edited by deprivelol, 21 February 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#27 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Locationyour butt

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

with so many ppl having 7 alts and bots the crappy honor gear can be a deterrent to the fotm swappers each tiny patch and thats one aspect i kind of enjoy.  how many people do you know that  have talked about playing 4 different classes each week based on ptr notes and keep changing their mind.

with the gap in gear closing prepare to face the same people swapping to counter comps all day

i feel like the only reason we see so many kfcs and shadow warr teams lately is because every joe has an alt warrior or shadow and it never used to be like that.

those alts having less gear was the only glimmer of hope during tfb stacks so be very careful what you wish for

unless your that guy that plays w/e dominates each small hotfix

then enjoy!

Edited by Mattadoro, 21 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

People will complain about anything (OH NO MY HUNDRED DOLLA BILLS IS TO BIG FOR MY WALLLET)

You can get this gear in a solid week of grinding

Unlike the ridiculas amount of Rated battle grounds everyone had to do to get a high cap to get that upgraded gear add that with time wasted forming groups pretty sure you still wouldnt give a fuck about that extra 1000k stats and if your smart and knew about this change  start up grading your alts gear instead of collecting the whole set

#29 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostMattadoro, on 21 February 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

with so many ppl having 7 alts and bots the crappy honor gear can be a deterrent to the fotm swappers each tiny patch and thats one aspect i kind of enjoy.  how many people do you know that  have talked about playing 4 different classes each week based on ptr notes and keep changing their mind.

with the gap in gear closing prepare to face the same people swapping to counter comps all day

i feel like the only reason we see so many kfcs and shadow warr teams lately is because every joe has an alt warrior or shadow and it never used to be like that.

those alts having less gear was the only glimmer of hope during tfb stacks so be very careful what you wish for

unless your that guy that plays w/e dominates each small hotfix

then enjoy!

Why should people not switch classes to win? We're not RPing here. It's a competitive game and if you make arbitrary rules for yourself ("I'm not going to switch to this stronger class in PVP because it's not honorable", etc) then you're just being a scrub.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#30 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

the biggest nonsense is the fact T2 upgraded this season > t1 next season.

#31 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

blizzard have by far the worst employees and developers in the whole gaming industry, they think so bad, made bad choice every fucking time, they can't do something good to improve their own game

Edited by Salutations, 23 February 2013 - 03:42 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

if we could have an Q/A with The Dev team only for Junkies, that be great

#33 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostSalutations, on 23 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

blizzard have by far the worst employees and developers in the whole gaming industry, they think so bad, made bad choice every fucking time, they can't do something good to improve their own game

they are so bad that they only have 10 million subscribers
Posted Image

#34 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

they are so bad that they only have 10 million subscribers

10M was at the beginning of WoTLK, they lost almost 2M subscribers during Cata and it continues with MoP.
Just check arena participation.

Populated BG.
Wotlk : 45/40 glad slot
Cata : 30/35 glad slot
MoP : 15/20 glad slot

Shit BG :
Wotlk : 25 glad slot
Cata : 15 glad slot
MoP : 3 glad slot

says everything about how shit this game actually is and why everyone use bot.

Edited by Salutations, 23 February 2013 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<