• Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

The 5.2 honor gear is the malevolent 0/2, upgrade npc are gone but players with upgraded malevolent will keep their 2/2.

So many players are gonna start the season with a gear disadvantage ?

Blizzard logic ... :o

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

yap, welcome to activision owning blizzard and cod and any other game with shit devs yo

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I thought the whole point of all these new changes to gearing was to make things fairer... yet they start the season on an uneven playing field.  Nice.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 Zunniyaki

Zunniyaki
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

The honor gear has more pvp power and resilience than the upgraded S12 gear, but overall less stats.

Maybe its equivalent in the end -
Posted Image

#5 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Still better than my Dreadfull gear, so whatever.

#6 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

They really shouldnt remove the upgrade vendor though, make it so it's possible to upgrade the honor gear with even more honor, I'll gladly farm twice the honor if I know I'm not gonna be starting off S13 with a disadvantage.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostZunniyaki, on 14 February 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

The honor gear has more pvp power and resilience than the upgraded S12 gear, but overall less stats.

Maybe its equivalent in the end -

less intellect, spirit, stamina, Agi, str etc so you have less crit chance dodge and so on, more pvp power and resi? in the end your still undergeared as fuck due to going oom faster or not enough spell power, that clearly scales better then PVP power around 15k sp mark if im not wrong

Edited by Zerlog, 14 February 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#8 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's like 20k less health, 1000 less primary stat, huge secondary stat loss, etc.

It's dumb.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

#9 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

welcome to mmo rpg friends
its not like people cant catch up ...

#10 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Anyway players without old upgraded malevolent are gonna start the season with a disadvantage, this is just pathetic. Who the fuck at blizzard take that kind of decision seriously.

Edited by Salutations, 19 February 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#11 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

How big a disadvantage? C'mon, lets not make the wife out to be more obese than she really is. Quit whinning and play the game we'll all be in full tyrannical within a couple o months.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#12 Bidj

Bidj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Blood 0/1/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

The Patch 5.2 Malevolent gear may have more PvP power and Resilience, but Patch 5.1 Malevolent gear has higher Item levels and as such stats. To have more clarity on this you can read the below comparisons:

5.1 Malevolent Gear has a higher ilevel than 5.2 Malevolent Gear.
5.2 Malevolent Gear has more PvP Power/Resilience than 5.1 Malevolent Gear.
5.1 Malevolent Gear
483 ilevel (491 with 2/2 upgrades)
~30 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
5.2 Malevolent Gear
476 ilevel
~36 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience

In the end, the effective Ilvl of patch 5.2 and 5.1 Malevolent gear puts them at about equal. The reason for lowering the item level and increasing the PvP stats for the 5.2 version of Malevolent gear is because we want players to run 5.0 LFR, this means that the Ilvl of honor gear needs to be lower than the entry requirement of 483. The result of this was lowering the Ilvl (stats) of the gear, but increasing it's PvP power and resilience to compensate. That difference in power you feel is going to be extremely prominent, is actually quite minor.

Posted like 4 or 5 days ago.

The difference will be near to non existent ; if you lose your games against opponents with only 8 more ilvl, you probably deserve it. And while still being at a little disadvantage at the beginning of the season, you will be able to compete at 2k2+/2k4+ without a problem and the gap in gear will narrow very quickly as the season pass.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostBidj, on 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

The Patch 5.2 Malevolent gear may have more PvP power and Resilience, but Patch 5.1 Malevolent gear has higher Item levels and as such stats. To have more clarity on this you can read the below comparisons:

5.1 Malevolent Gear
5.2 Malevolent Gear
476 ilevel

In the end, the effective Ilvl of patch 5.2 and 5.1 Malevolent gear puts them at about equal. The reason for lowering the item level and increasing the PvP stats for the 5.2 version of Malevolent gear is because we want players to run 5.0 LFR, this means that the Ilvl of honor gear needs to be lower than the entry requirement of 483. The result of this was lowering the Ilvl (stats) of the gear, but increasing it's PvP power and resilience to compensate. That difference in power you feel is going to be extremely prominent, is actually quite minor.

The difference will be near to non existent ; if you lose your games against opponents with only 8 more ilvl, you probably deserve it. And while still being at a little disadvantage at the beginning of the season, you will be able to compete at 2k2+/2k4+ without a problem and the gap in gear will narrow very quickly as the season pass.

you forgott that lower intellect agility means lower crit chance aswell as spell power/agi, and lower str means lower atk power, lower spirit means lower mana regen, and so on, and who the fk cares bout resi n pvp power anyways, id rather have main stats on same level and pvp power aswell, then 1stat being god and the others dog

#14 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

The real problem here is that this was done for no other reason than Blizzard didn't want people getting easy access to LFR through the use of ilvl 483 Honor gear.  Even when they finally find a way to get people to wear full PvP gear, PvE still finds a way to influence PvP.  I think this will only get worse as time goes by and people start experimenting with more PvE gear in place of PvP Power/Resil.

It's very irritating to me because none of my characters are even close to 2/2 Malevolent, none of them are even full Malevolent yet.  It's absolutely insane to think that I managed to get so far behind in gear that not even a new season will allow me to catch back up.  I'll be fighting above my weight until I reach 27,000 conquest points earned, and only then will I be on a level playing field.

So more or less, the first man to 27k pts wins, and those who already have full gear already have the upper hand.

#15 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Watch out you might lack 0,50% crit from the 1k int!
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#16 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostMcMick1137, on 19 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Watch out you might lack 0,50% crit from the 1k int!

And ya know, 20000+ health, 1k ap/sp, dodge, armor, etc. It's a dumb 'fix' for their shitty planning. LFR is a joke anyway, why do they care if more people get into it? It isn't like PvP gear used to be - PvP Power and PvP Resil are additional stats now and don't take up secondary stat slots.

#17 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Blizzard take LFR a lot more seriously than arena.

Edited by Salutations, 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#18 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostBidj, on 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

5.1 Malevolent Gear
5.2 Malevolent Gear
476 ilevel

people with full upgraded last season gear will have ~1k more main stat (int str etc) and ~2k more stam

honor gear people will have around ~780 more pvp power, and ~780 more resil (which fucking drs)

the difference will be pretty noticable for dps, and REALLY noticable for healers. nice one though

#19 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostSalutations, on 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Blizzard take LFR a lot more seriously than arena.

Blizzard took LFR more seriously than arena before LFR even existed.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#20 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

you should be grateful that they didnt force you to start with crafted blue set lol
Shadowmelding since 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<