[Monk] MW Chi Generation and Management

Monk Chi Healing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpagano

mpagano
  • Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey AJ community.  Been a reader for a while but haven't posted before now.  After searching through this forum for some discussion on the idea of chi management, I decided to make a new post and solicit opinions from experienced players on the topic.

I've been playing 3s for the past few weeks with a DK and warrior, and we see potential in the comp.  I'm very new to the class, and I'm still filling out my gear (just got my weapon this week 1/2). One thing I've noticed in my limited experience is I don't generate much chi outside of renewing mist on CD and the chance for chi through soothing mist.  I try to position myself well, which seems to translate into being well out of melee range to use chi builders such as jab, spinning crane and expel harm.

Popping out of cover to stream soothing mists and burst heal with surging mists/enveloping mists are effectively the only mechanics I'm using right now.  I don't have that much chi for uplift.  I know I'm not being as effective as I could be.  I'm wondering how others generate more chi during matches?  Aside from whacking pets, should I really be in the thick of things using my melee range chi builders?  Soothing mists is basically a giant sign telling players "I'm over here, I'm healing, and I'm channeling".

#2 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Expel Harm on cd pmuch, other than that just keep in mind its going to be a lot better next patch with chi wave no longer costing chi.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monk, Chi, Healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<