AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

If you would actually read the rest of the thread. I'm dropping C&D for ShS... Either way, I know it doesn't proc non lethal, that's the point. Assassination does damage based off Deadly and Wound Poison... So all in all, it seems like this:

CS > Ambush > Garrote > Re-stealth & Repeat to next player. Don't get a re-stealth, Redirect > ShS > Rupture to third player. Now I have bleeds all over the map and just do my normal rotation on the kill target. And just Redirect > ShS > Rupture on any targets that have bleeds down, or when swapping and burst with Vendetta & SB. For poisons to proc damage, I take ST. Deadly for Caster teams. Elusiveness for Melee Teams. This is what I have been doing in the PTR. Like I said, I'm doing 30k ticks with Deadly Poison atm, with a SP behind me doing their normal damage all over the map.  The healers just don't know what do because of all the dmg thats going on around the map. I get +15 energy off rupture ticks. So have 3 ruptures/garrotes around the map really makes my energy come up really quickly. I'm not energy deprived with Mutilate anymore, also, using SnD + Recup. That's another thing, my mutilate atm is hitting between 20k - 50k. My dispatch hits for like 30k, if they're below 30% its well over 60k and my envenom is just ripping kids. I've hit some one with envenom for like 150k on a T2 priest. Now with these buffs, it's just going to be retarded damage.

Rogues now a days just don't know how to think.

View PostUnseenz, on 20 February 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Assassination has a lot of constant pressure, you might not see the huge swifty level burst of a shadow dance, but when you have rupture up on multiple targets with back to back free energy ticks, vendetta up on a target with blades etc, and then the pressure of a shadow priest behind it, its practically unhealable. just for a frame of reference, pre-5.2, before rogues become gods, before dispatch and envenom buffs, rogues that play assassination have been able to top damage in rbgs. the fact that this is possible as a single target class shows in itself how much pressure you can put out.

Unseenz was the only person in this thread to really get what I'm trying to do. Assassination isn't what it used to be in BC, because now it has become a dot class which makes rogues fun again cause I can switch on and off with out having to worry about my damage.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 28 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#42 riccod

riccod
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1788

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

If you gonna play assassination with gylph of smoke bomb i'd consider playing with paralytic poison. Pairing any stun with random poison stun or shiv roots, so the extra 2 seconds are worth it.

I am gonna play sub mainly and assass maybe in 2s.

#43 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 28 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

CS > Ambush > Garrote > Re-stealth & Repeat to next player.
It takes 6 seconds to drop combat after the last event that would put you in combat. Assuming you stop dealing damage 2 seconds into your subterfuge, this saves you 1 second on a restealth...and that is a really big assumption to make. Doing that feels like a complete waste of the energy from the bleeds and doesn't sit well with the rest of your explanation. Even assuming 0 closing time, you can't dump your energy with 2 bleeds with 25% in-combat time.

That's another thing, my mutilate atm is hitting between 20k - 50k. My dispatch hits for like 30k, if they're below 30% its well over 60k and my envenom is just ripping kids. I've hit some one with envenom for like 150k on a T2 priest. Now with these buffs, it's just going to be retarded damage.

I missed the part where dispatch does double damage to targets under 30%...

#44 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

If you pillar hump it's pretty easy. If you want to stay sub go ahead, I just wanted people to know that assassination will be very viable next season and people just rather have their one shot macros. Especially for the few rogues that enjoy playing assassination since BC just like me.

Either way:

Dispatch Level 90 30 Energy Melee Range
Instant
Requires Rogue (Assassination)
Requires level 40Requires Daggers
A vicious strike that exploits the vulnerability of foes with less than 35% health remaining, causing 400% weapon damage plus 486 to the target. Requires a dagger in the main hand.  Awards 1 combo point.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 28 February 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#45 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 28 February 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

I don't lose to sub rogues.
yeah i forgot cuz you only face Aassasination or combat rogues at 1700

#46 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Mvp what did i tell u about ur obsession for assasination? keep it in ur pants bro =[

#47 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

View Postmimmick, on 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

yeah i forgot cuz you only face Aassasination or combat rogues at 1700

lmfao

#48 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

also if you play assassination, motherfucker akrios wants his s4 tryhardery back

#49 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

No worries, they gave what assassination needed for a while now; Shadowstep. I'm just happy about that, I'll be coming out with my video soon ;)

#50 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 01 March 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

No worries, they gave what assassination needed for a while now; Shadowstep. I'm just happy about that, I'll be coming out with my video soon ;)
Hopefully its better than originals terrible video.

#51 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1855
  • 3v3: 2305
  • 5v5: 2664
  • RBG: 2440
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Unseenz was the only person in this thread to really get what I'm trying to do. Assassination isn't what it used to be in BC, because now it has become a dot class which makes rogues fun again cause I can switch on and off with out having to worry about my damage.

Posted Image

bumping with assassination damage, its a lot of constant pressure and i can see it being strong in arena especially when paired with any class that can keep an entire team low, such as a boomkin, because dispatch is a really good finisher. don't have to rely on dance to be up to keep pressure, and people haven't played against assassination rogues much so i notice when i have my vendetta up i dont get locked down as much as when i dance.

Edited by Unseenz, 01 March 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#52 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Look at all those kill snipes :(

#53 clusky

clusky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.
  • RBG: 2473

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Just did a few 3s as assassination, playing rogue/boomkin/disc

the sustained pressure from multi dotting is insane, coupled with the boomkins dots most healers we played against went oom very fast, swaps were fairly easy as everything was dipping low all the time.  I did miss the utility that dance brings to the table at times but overall the spec felt very viable.

with the buffs next patch I can see it being very viable in certain comps.

and for anyone trashing it, go give it a try! it's surprisingly good

Clustercluck said:

I'm sure your university doesn't appreciate you bloodlusting on their pianos

Kelarm said:

It's like trying to ride 3 horses with one ass.

#54 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1855
  • 3v3: 2305
  • 5v5: 2664
  • RBG: 2440
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 01 March 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Look at all those kill snipes :(

haha right? pre frost bomb nerf... so i was sitting on mages all game locking them down... look at my damage and look at those mages on the other team. lol

basically what im saying is, dont believe the morons in this thread talking out of their asses. assassination is a good spec, ive had rogue vs rogue duels where ive killed the other rogue in a cheap shot. Or gotten blinded off and they go 50-0 from dots haha. there's still burst

people here are so narrow minded, its pathetic

View Postclusky, on 01 March 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Just did a few 3s as assassination, playing rogue/boomkin/disc

the sustained pressure from multi dotting is insane, coupled with the boomkins dots most healers we played against went oom very fast, swaps were fairly easy as everything was dipping low all the time.  I did miss the utility that dance brings to the table at times but overall the spec felt very viable.

with the buffs next patch I can see it being very viable in certain comps.

and for anyone trashing it, go give it a try! it's surprisingly good

Edited by Unseenz, 01 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#55 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

That's why I made sure to mention "tunnel vision" in my initial post.

#56 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

for anyone who is lacking utility with mutilate i suggest trying shiving paralitic poison left and right. feels good.

and btw i think people were mocking cloak and dagger with stealth glyph idea. I doubt anyone in right mind considered mutilate awful.

Edited by Lieto, 03 March 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Shadowmelding since 2007.

#57 clusky

clusky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.
  • RBG: 2473

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

just noticed this from ghostcrawler
http://blue.mmo-cham...ssues-part-iii/

"- Assassin's Resolve now increases damage by 30%, up from 20%."

so assassination gets a flat 10% damage buff on top of the other damage buffs it received as well.

Clustercluck said:

I'm sure your university doesn't appreciate you bloodlusting on their pianos

Kelarm said:

It's like trying to ride 3 horses with one ass.

#58 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

nice :D

#59 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just yesterday mutilate rogue opened on me with cs > garrote > muti > rupture, i managed to give him blind right after cs and droped 60% to 3% while running away with a flag >< If this trend goes on muti might be the only choice for anyone who doesnt want to tryhard too much. Not to say that sub isnt owning faces ofc.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#60 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

As muti, I can rip some one in a CS > KS lol... With these buffs, it'll be in a CS alone.

I was doing RBG's yesterday, two muti rogues(a friend and I) defending flag. No one made it out of that room alive, just straight bleeding everything x2, healers couldn't keep up while we stuck on the FC. We three capped and they never made it out of the room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<