AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

The reason I mention assassination is because of how well it works with Shadow Priests. Double the Dots on all targets shuts down the healer instantly. It's way to much damage going around for the healer to even keep up especially if I'm sitting on top of healer, it allows my SP to burst something down easily and to me, sub rogues are easy as shit. I've never lost to a sub rogue... I've always destroyed them, at least in my BG. I haven't played against any good sub rogues recently. I haven't taken threes seriously this season either, I'm sure a lot of people havent, but now with this two week notice, let's do it.

Also, assassination does really well against KFC if you start hunter... Dots > Deter.

#22 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Both Assassination and Sub seem really strong. I think it'll just come down to your comp and which you prefer to play, like mvp said assassination works well with dot classes. DP+Shuriken toss is crazy pressure like...always, cnd+stealth glyph are a great combo too. Sub will probably work better in rmp, thug etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Assassination has a lot of constant pressure, you might not see the huge swifty level burst of a shadow dance, but when you have rupture up on multiple targets with back to back free energy ticks, vendetta up on a target with blades etc, and then the pressure of a shadow priest behind it, its practically unhealable. just for a frame of reference, pre-5.2, before rogues become gods, before dispatch and envenom buffs, rogues that play assassination have been able to top damage in rbgs. the fact that this is possible as a single target class shows in itself how much pressure you can put out.

Edited by Unseenz, 20 February 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#24 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Can someone explain this Glyph of Stealth everyone is talking about? Mvp, can you go into detail on how you plan to use it?

My guess would be restealth, CnD opener, dump energy, drop combat and repeat if you can, throw rotation if you can't. But doesn't it take 6 seconds to drop combat anyway, not to mention the globals of your energy dump on the opener?

Where's the benefit of glyph of stealth?

#25 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

It's just me and it's mainly for restealths, I like knowing that the cd of stealth is only 2seconds vs 6seconds and since as assassination, theres not many glyphs that benefit us anyways.

I can go glyph of shadow walk or feint, or maybe cheapshot, but seeing as I will mostly be doing a lot of dot pressure, I rather just try out stealth in the beginning.

#26 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

It's just me and it's mainly for restealths, I like knowing that the cd of stealth is only 2seconds vs 6seconds and since as assassination, theres not many glyphs that benefit us anyways.

I can go glyph of shadow walk or feint, or maybe cheapshot, but seeing as I will mostly be doing a lot of dot pressure, I rather just try out stealth in the beginning.

So, playing on the ptr I've definitely noticed assassination synergizing better with heavy aoe classes, especially dots of sp/lock/dk. I notice you forego glyph of blind and pick up dirty tricks - while dirty tricks is fine for blind if only your dots are on the target, glyph of blind works over dots applied by other classes too. I normally pick up dirty tricks just for the free gouge, especially when playing with non-dot classes.

Isn't dropping glyph of blind going to be a problem playing with dot classes?

#27 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

It depends on who you play with, because usually my blind comes after a hex or a CC, so I always make sure that the person I have focused isn't dotted by any other class other than me. It really depends on the synergy of the team you're playing with. If you feel that glyph of blind will better suit you, then go for it, but I tend to take it so I can at least keep up my damage while some one is blinded. Also, it wins me a lot of duels ^^

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 20 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#28 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Do you have any video material or a stream to show your games as Assasination? Would like to see the things you describe in action.

#29 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

dance has so much utility, makes it almost impossible to pass up regardless of how much damage assassination provides

#30 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Imo, dance is irrelevant on utility having blind at 1min cd, gouge basically handed for free and Assassination now being able to Shadowstep, KS... I was thinking about it and I'm just going to drop C&D for ShS, seeing that I can have ShS + Rup and ShS + KS. Reason why I like Assassination so much is because you can have damage all around the map, all game long and still have a nice set of CC going around if you're timing it correctly. Shd it's either you're doing dmg, or trying to CC, which is tooooo much of a boring playstyle for me, especially when you sit there and do almost the same rotation that rogues have done since forever already.

Premed - snd - cs - rupt - shd - ambushhhhhhhhh, garrotte or cs, evis... yadayadayada...

This is just me and my personal opinion on Rogues at the moment. I'm not going to lie, I've been having way more fun this season playing assassination this season than sub. Like I destroy everyone mostly in a 1v1 situation as assassination. Kiting and just letting my bleeds tick away is pretty fun ;)

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#31 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/0/2/2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

6 times Gladiator thinking Assassination > Sub.. Well at 1700 mmr maybe yes.
Oh and btw, Cloak and Dagger as Assassination? Imo that talent isn't even the best as Sub, but for sure it's even worse as Assassination.

#32 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2128
  • 3v3: 2445
  • RBG: 1717
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

LOL FUK SIS SHIT

Edited by varellol, 26 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#33 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Alright, the reason behind glyph of stealth is because with Subterfuge, it makes getting back into stealth a lot harder. The glyph of stealth makes it so it's 2seconds rather than 6seconds. So as soon as you open, you're in stealth for 3 seconds, the cd of stealth does not start during this time. It starts afterwards, making you have to wait for a restealth for at least 6 seconds afterwards, which you can easily get away with subterfuge and get a nice restealth, with out ever going into combat really.

#34 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

glyph of stealth should never be used over any glyph we currently have unless they all just became awful

if you can get a nice fast restealth with out ever going into combat, then what was the point in coming out of stealth?

Edited by ohnoes, 27 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#35 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postohnoes, on 27 February 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

glyph of stealth should never be used over any glyph we currently have unless they all just became awful

if you can get a nice fast restealth with out ever going into combat, then what was the point in coming out of stealth?

So I can start with three different bleeds up on targets with out ever really coming out of stealth. It also puts in the whole "Utility" notion. If I can stay in stealth most of the beginning of the game, mid game and/or late game; I'll be able to CS the whole team, or sap a player that just left combat. Comon now, back in BC skill > gear correct? That's how it's basically going to be next patch as everyone will have the same gear. All the skill less players are going to keep trying to burst something down over using skill to win games. Bursting will only get you so far. I rather play a spec that I know will do really well if you play it correctly. Back in BC, I was able to 1v2 in arenas, not because of my gear, but because I knew how to get the re-stealths and the cc's, whille killing something as assassination. Now, you can't even 1v2 barely as sub because you only have your dmg output every min. What, are you going to just gouge around, ks when its up and hope that your Backstab hits more than 30k? Lol, my mutilate hits for 30k easy on top of my 30k dot ticks.

#36 Wabu

Wabu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

We get that you're really awesome and assassination rules. Can you post a video of yourself being awesome and close the thread?

#37 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 27 February 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

So I can start with three different bleeds up on targets with out ever really coming out of stealth. It also puts in the whole "Utility" notion. If I can stay in stealth most of the beginning of the game, mid game and/or late game; I'll be able to CS the whole team, or sap a player that just left combat. Comon now, back in BC skill > gear correct? That's how it's basically going to be next patch as everyone will have the same gear. All the skill less players are going to keep trying to burst something down over using skill to win games. Bursting will only get you so far. I rather play a spec that I know will do really well if you play it correctly. Back in BC, I was able to 1v2 in arenas, not because of my gear, but because I knew how to get the re-stealths and the cc's, whille killing something as assassination. Now, you can't even 1v2 barely as sub because you only have your dmg output every min. What, are you going to just gouge around, ks when its up and hope that your Backstab hits more than 30k? Lol, my mutilate hits for 30k easy on top of my 30k dot ticks.

you trolling right?

#38 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 27 February 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

You also get like 2 mutilates off every 5 minutes. If you want to play assasination and have fun losing to every other rogue who isnt retarded nobody is stoping you.

#39 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I don't lose to sub rogues.

#40 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't understand how you plan on playing Assassination with CaD, Cloak and Dagger is probably not even worth taking as ShS for 90% of comps. You will spend the entire time throwing shurukens outside of using vanish if the other team is good. So to alleviate this problem it seems like you plan on trying to restealth constantly. You will basically be cc'ing yourself JUST so you can get a gimmiky "look at me CC the entire team!!!!!" ability, Pressing 3 buttons to garrote/cs an entire team does not take skill. Is your plan to just garrote/cheapshot/rupture then run to a pole and spam shuruken toss at something? Shuruken toss doesnt proc non-lethal poisons either in 5.2, so you won't even be able to get mind numbing or crippling up from range.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<