• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

http://ptr.wowhead.c...ent#r!eL|uqsRm0

This is mine, if you do not see what I am doing, it's because you choose to stay in that tunnel vision of yours called subtlety.

#2 Vex

Vex
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Idk I feel like the best part of cloak and dagger is it being active while dancing

#3 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Post yours, that's the point of the thread! Also, I don't need Shd, I already tested this on PTR, it's much easier than that.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 13 February 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#4 Pyonx

Pyonx
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2318

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Very dependant. If I wanna go nerd out damage and global something I'll play this spec.

Against a caster team I might use this sort of spec for keeping them in check. Shuriken Toss for Ranged Combos and DT for ranged interrupt (lol lol lol).

If I plan to play Kebabmans RMP (Fire, Rogue, Holy) again I'd probably generally play this:
KEBABMANS RMP SPEC

#5 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

can i ask whats the point of cloak and dagger when you dont have dance?
So you can actually vanish and appear behind the target? But isnt it better to have vanish AND shadowstep? Sometimes you dont want to use both (which is cloak and dagger)

what am i missing?
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#6 Kifasa

Kifasa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostLieto, on 13 February 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

can i ask whats the point of cloak and dagger when you dont have dance?
So you can actually vanish and appear behind the target? But isnt it better to have vanish AND shadowstep? Sometimes you dont want to use both (which is cloak and dagger)

what am i missing?

Taking into account that he took glyph of Stealth, he wishes for restealths...
If he can't he just gonna Shuriken Toss + Deadly Throw.

Edited by Kifasa, 13 February 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Dear Blizzard,
Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.

-Scissors.

#7 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Assassination spec is mostly poison dmg/bleed dmg + a lot of throws? I see a new "Ranged/Melee" class in the game.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 13 February 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#8 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 13 February 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Assassination spec is mostly poison dmg/bleed dmg + a lot of throws? I see a new "Ranged/Melee" class in the game.
Your hardon for cloak and dagger makes me sad =[

#9 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

HEY! Don't start with me Originn, I tried getting C&D removed, but if they're going to give it to us, I'm going to abuse the shit out of it, and besides, I can always switch to ShS which is my back up plan anyways.

#10 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

One thing I'm really concerned about with C&D is the ability to Shs+Kidney when I really need it, especially against evasion and die by the sword. Maybe my ms is higher than others or maybe I'm just bad, but I'm not always 100% confident I can kidney behind the target.

I can see this being especially relevant when melee is sticking to you and you're more likely to kidney as assassination since you won't be worried about DR of dance+cheap shot.

#11 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 13 February 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

http://ptr.wowhead.c...ent#r!eL|uqsRm0

This is mine, if you do not see what I am doing, it's because you choose to stay in that tunnel vision of yours called subtlety.

you're joking right

#12 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

No, you're joking...

#13 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 14 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

HEY! Don't start with me Originn, I tried getting C&D removed, but if they're going to give it to us, I'm going to abuse the shit out of it, and besides, I can always switch to ShS which is my back up plan anyways.
Ok fine =[ but i still think ur spec is an abomination >< im sorry.....allow me to take it up to u though

heres a drawing of a bear riding a bike enjoy
Posted Image

#14 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
AHHHH ;)

#15 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 20 February 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator) AHHHH ;)
Still dont think that will out weigh how usefull shadowdance is honestly

#16 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postmimmick, on 20 February 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

Still dont think that will out weigh how usefull shadowdance is honestly

If you've played Assassination this season, there is no reason to use Shd with how much pressure you can put on an opponent. Every game I've played this season as assassination has been me redirect rupture on every target and having 30k ticks go off every time and with how easy it is to gain combo points now with ST, it makes things just easier. With me just sitting on healer all game is fair game. Next season will be even better with the buffs + http://ptr.wowhead.c...=96409/bad-juju

By god, the dmg output from assassination will be disgusting. I rather have pressure and keeping them defensive all game long over 1min burst/control. You guys can say it sucks, but since S1 i've always loved Assassination.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 20 February 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#17 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 20 February 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

If you've played Assassination this season, there is no reason to use Shd with how much pressure you can put on an opponent. Every game I've played this season as assassination has been me redirect rupture on every target and having 30k ticks go off every time and with how easy it is to gain combo points now with ST, it makes things just easier. With me just sitting on healer all game is fair game. Next season will be even better with the buffs + http://ptr.wowhead.c...=96409/bad-juju

By god, the dmg output from assassination will be disgusting. I rather have pressure and keeping them defensive all game long over 1min burst/control. You guys can say it sucks, but since S1 i've always loved Assassination.
It still wont be as good as sub when next patch you can solo something. I would prefer to burst somebody down not bleed them to  death. I have not played it, I saw 1 mutilate rogue at 2k mmr and it was free points. I mean play w.e makes you happy this is after all a game.

#18 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

so many clueless ppl are going to specc a 3 min cd , gl with that 0 mobility of urs

#19 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Psure combat with Burst of Speed and full on haste gems for 1# energy regen will be the way to go guys.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#20 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think we will see a lot of different styles being viable, depending on the comp we play. Mutilate will work well with pressure comps, but lacks in burst comps in my opinion. It's also pretty bad against other rogues.

Combat will be the rogue killer talents, not much use outside the 8 second Kidney + Spree, but we will all probably die to some re-rerollers that swifty us with Spree. Combat will also be godly in 1v1 (think RBG mine, rogue duel).

Sub is complex to play (compared to other rogue specs), so many buffs and debuffs to manage and messing up one GCD breaks the burst chain. I doubt re-rollers or S11 heros will be able to play the spec on the same level as rogues that went through S12 with success during the first weeks. Hemo spam doesn't work out too well anymore, Rupture needs to be on, SnD has the regen and Recup is also an option. Just for the sake of the argument - Expose Armor is actually really good for Sub Burst but no one uses it as our rotations/switches don't have the GCD and we don't have the glyph slot. In addition Sub needs to use the 0.75 GCD means hitting buttons at the double rate of almost any other class. So, especially in mid and low rating I doubt that Sub will be a dominant spec.
I tested for myself the difference between a spammed castsequence macro and me hitting the acutal buttons and it's night and day how much more damage is landing on the target. Obviously cast sequences only work for testing and not for arena situations, but you should try it sometimes just to see the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<