Help

Coming back? Yes / No

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cCastiel

cCastiel
  • Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I can't help but say that MoP looks impressive from a viewer's standpoint. I've always played this game for the PvP aspect (arenas, RBGs were never fun for me). Considering that, should I considering reactivating my account.

My class all the way until Cata has been the warrior.

Thanks for the feedback

#2 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

If you enjoy what you see, yes you should give it a try.

In principle the game is still the same game though so don't expect to much to have changed.

#3 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

well, new season gonna start soon so it would be adviceable to come back now

they kind of nerfed warrior rage consumtion next patch so you can't spam shit anymore, you would actually have to switch stances and manage rage again , some ppl see it as major nerf.. but bladestorm is comming back, considering you played before cata you might find it not so much different

compared to wrath however, pvp in general is full of scumbagging, carries and wintrading now, as long as you not going for high rating it can be quite fun though
shut up pvp guy

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

If you are going to comeback now is the perfect time.  I'm having a lot of fun playing my warrior at the moment, but warriors is getting nerfed quite a bit for next patch and some of our counters are getting buffed heavily.  So it will be difficult as a warrior next season.  Don't expect season 11 again though...thank god.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 Nooblikelol

Nooblikelol

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

50/50 no idea gona play arena tournament atleast i can play arena there not lf partners for days farm honor farm professions and face glads r1's with best gear at 2k rating, the game just dose not feel like it did in lich king with dueling happening in durotar constantly alot of epeen atleast back then ppl where like omg weapon u sick, now its like meh rbg hero meh started early season meh fotm meh shit expansion/season.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Because there was no such thing as overpowered and dumb shit in WotLK. Rose. Tinted. Glasses.
Posted Image

#7 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 14 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Because there was no such thing as overpowered and dumb shit in WotLK. Rose. Tinted. Glasses.

Could not of said it better.
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postardnut, on 14 February 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

of

</3
Posted Image

#9 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 14 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

True, but i can see his point. The game was different back then. There were server communities where everyone knew everyone, PvP was a lot more robust in terms of popularity, and classes were actually different.

The game does feel a lot different in when taking pace, cc's and cd's into consideration.There have always been ridiculous/OP aspects to the game as far back as vanilla, but a lot of subtleties that separated shit players from good ones don't really exist anymore. And that's not bias, or rosey lenses, it's just true.

#10 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I think the game is just getting older and things that used to impress people are now expected of people.  Intervening traps and stuff used to be impressive and Hoodrych would stick it in his video... now it's expected of 1.8k players.  Intervening a blind is still pretty impressive, but that is a lot harder.  When Orangemarmalade CC'd the whole team it was impressive, now it's just common place for a mage to do that.  It's RBG's and how hard arena is to get into that is killing it.  Takes months to gear up and have a clue of what is actually going on.  How many people will just consistently take a beating for months on end before they have a chance of getting anywhere?  Arena has got to be the least accessible game (it is a game in itself really) on the planet for new players... First you have to level a character to 90, then gear up for pvp, then once you have gear enough to survive longer than 5 seconds you can start to learn the game properly.  With something like COD, you turn it on, see what the basic controls are and you can start holding your own in the game after a few hours.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<