• Curse Sites
Help

Doing my first FOTM ever as UH dk! Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 murten88

murten88
  • Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yo guys I am doing my first fotm as unholy DK. Now I have never actually played UH even though it's one of the few playstyles I do find interesting. I tried to start a topic about the UH rotation on the WOW forums, but supprise supprise it got derailed within the hour.

Now I am basiclly wondering about the rotation for pure damage and how you should stack up before the burst.

I get that outbreak is the best initial talent to use. But I am wondering if spells ever go down while using festering strike in arena? Meaning that if you use outbreak, don't you need to reapply the dots?

I am currently going nuts in BGS and with recount trying to figure it out but if someone have any time over I would be amazed by some help!

I do understand the basic concept of the class but I feel my knowledge is to small to keep up as high DPS as the class got potential for. And at the same time I feel my burst aint what it should be!

Once again, if you have any spare time and wanna help me I would be insanely greatful!

Highest regards /M

#2 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

i dont think you know what fotm means...
Posted Image

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I assume he means he's doing FOTM for 5.2
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

First an foremost, I advice you to read up on proper pve rotations!
http://elitistjerks....welcome_jungle/

allways a great place to learn rotations, altho PvE and PvP are different worlds understanding your pve rotation can set you one step ahead in terms of output against others. Worth to note is that you should spend afew hours on a target dummy perfecting your rotation, with the tips and tricks of this guide. Mostly to get used to different scenarios that can occur and how to recover.

The PvE guide can also help you understand benefits break points and how to gear yourself properly! This aside once you fully understand your PvE rotation you should be looking at whats the diffrence in PvE to PvP rotation. Example being necrotic strike and how to use it to its full potential. Learn the numbers get the macros and do the play!
Remeber a DK relies heavily on pressure, and you can make pressure where pressure is nowhere to be found by stacking runes+runic power then to dump it with a strangulate on healer (preferibly with cds) to gain an insane or rather large necrotic strike stack.

Altho this seems common knowledge but fully understanding your Rotation can help you spending less time in arena looking at rotations rather focusing on whats important.

Secondarly get common with changes to your class and how it will affect you! Also read the Death Knigth forums for usefull tricks and tips! here are some drawouts that can be usefull!

http://www.arenajunk...-manage-uh-pet/
http://www.arenajunk...rost-or-unholy/
http://www.arenajunk...-horde-dk-race/

Then again these are just drawouts, but there are sure to find nice picks of information in these!
and lastly but not least play pvp alot! you need to perfect the skill youve just obtained! and see how enemys will react to your moves.

+rep for effort!

Edited by Jacquelol, 11 February 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 Starbuck_

Starbuck_
  • Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postardnut, on 11 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I assume he means he's doing FOTM for 5.2

As unholy DK ?

wat.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Why would you ''reroll FotM'' unholy DK? Beats me.
Posted Image

#7 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostStarbuck_, on 11 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said: