Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 11 February 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Too true. This is why every season I try to find humble rivals/duelists to push glad with. Problem is at some point they will think they are gods and I have to find new team mates. It happens to me every season rofl.

It's better to just play in bg9 at this point in WoW, because every time you queue there's a chance you can be outKFC'D.

#22 Drake

Drake
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Back in the very end of S2 (last week if I remember correctly) I traded my account for a full S2 geared priest. Before then I've never ever seen arena and haven't played a priest since the end of vanilla (I must admit I've played priest a lot back then).

The other day I just asked the guildmaster of the former top PvP guild on my server if I could join the guild. He saw my gear and deemed me worthy I guess. Even played a few 2s with me where I stood amazed while he 1v2d (SL/SL warlock) most teams until 1800 rating. This 1800 rating then allowed me to queue 3s with one of the best mages our server had at the time. We started RMP right at the beginning of S3 and I actually became the first priest on the server to get his 2000 rating shoulders (heavily carried by teammates and this weird gladius-like addon that announced shit like bubble and ice block by sounds).

Few weeks later, combat macestun was replaced by shadowstep and we lost our rogue. Nevertheless, having quite some reputation we found a new one somehow fast and started selling teams and rating boosts for fortune. We could easily go 40-0 if I don't count disconnects while pushing teams 1500->2000. We became so well known on the server, that at one point, the R1 5v5 (ShS rogue, SL lock, hpala, rsham, dpriest) playing on my server actually invited me to play with them. Those were the best times, pwning Athene and Hydra's team to the ground. Although I must admit that the team was kind of reliant on one specific player and that was our warlock Eclairs, whom I still reckon to be the best warlock player I've ever seen.

I am glad that back in the day, guys were able to get past their egos and give a chance to a kid with no previous arena experience (I've always openly admitted that I traded the account). It ultimately came down to my own fault, when I sold the "R1 top priest on server" account and bought a druid (mainly because I couldn't stand playing one game of 5s a week, camping ratings and selling 3s, and because the offered price was just too high for a young student to pass on) with which I then got the gladiator title playing dreamstate/SL 2s and dreamstate/SL/ShS 3s.

Nevertheless, I have no idea if any of the guys back from the day still play or if they read these forums. If they do, however, I would like to say thanks. Without you taking on a complete dumb fuck shitass stranger who didn't know what fakecasting is, I would've never gotten Glad the very same season I started arena and I would've never had that much fun.

Respects to: (guild GM whose nick I don't remember, sorry), Utrchprdel, Manniax, Altx, Eclairs, Jingej, Nobody, Aishina, Marat, Fexer and Krafka.

#23 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostDrake, on 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Back in the very end of S2 (last week if I remember correctly) I traded my account for a full S2 geared priest. Before then I've never ever seen arena and haven't played a priest since the end of vanilla (I must admit I've played priest a lot back then).

The other day I just asked the guildmaster of the former top PvP guild on my server if I could join the guild. He saw my gear and deemed me worthy I guess. Even played a few 2s with me where I stood amazed while he 1v2d (SL/SL warlock) most teams until 1800 rating. This 1800 rating then allowed me to queue 3s with one of the best mages our server had at the time. We started RMP right at the beginning of S3 and I actually became the first priest on the server to get his 2000 rating shoulders (heavily carried by teammates and this weird gladius-like addon that announced shit like bubble and ice block by sounds).

Few weeks later, combat macestun was replaced by shadowstep and we lost our rogue. Nevertheless, having quite some reputation we found a new one somehow fast and started selling teams and rating boosts for fortune. We could easily go 40-0 if I don't count disconnects while pushing teams 1500->2000. We became so well known on the server, that at one point, the R1 5v5 (ShS rogue, SL lock, hpala, rsham, dpriest) playing on my server actually invited me to play with them. Those were the best times, pwning Athene and Hydra's team to the ground. Although I must admit that the team was kind of reliant on one specific player and that was our warlock Eclairs, whom I still reckon to be the best warlock player I've ever seen.

I am glad that back in the day, guys were able to get past their egos and give a chance to a kid with no previous arena experience (I've always openly admitted that I traded the account). It ultimately came down to my own fault, when I sold the "R1 top priest on server" account and bought a druid (mainly because I couldn't stand playing one game of 5s a week, camping ratings and selling 3s, and because the offered price was just too high for a young student to pass on) with which I then got the gladiator title playing dreamstate/SL 2s and dreamstate/SL/ShS 3s.

Nevertheless, I have no idea if any of the guys back from the day still play or if they read these forums. If they do, however, I would like to say thanks. Without you taking on a complete dumb fuck shitass stranger who didn't know what fakecasting is, I would've never gotten Glad the very same season I started arena and I would've never had that much fun.

Respects to: (guild GM whose nick I don't remember, sorry), Utrchprdel, Manniax, Altx, Eclairs, Jingej, Nobody, Aishina, Marat, Fexer and Krafka.

You play better and get better if you are playing with better players and play worse and degrade if you are playing with bads. This is why you got good playing with those guys and is also the reason why none wants to play with someone bellow their league.

#24 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

People who treat others like that are insecure social retards who wouldn't even dare being that way out of game.  For one reason or another they feel that acting like an elitist gives them some self worth, when in reality it turns them into an even bigger and bigger idiot each time.

Ive trained and fought with some of the top fight teams/gyms in this country and very rarely do I see top fighters acting like they are better than anyone else or unwilling to engage with some of the lower level guys, so when I see it in a video game I cant help but laugh.

If people took a step back for a second and put themselves in the other persons shoes, they might think twice about acting like egotistic faggots and be a little nicer, which in turn might gain them some respect for being a good person instead of being respected because of an in game achievement...
Posted Image

#25 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

think MJ get 6 rings for being nice? gtfo cold blooded killer who thought he was better than everyone else and talked shit to everyone.
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#26 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 11 February 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

People who treat others like that are insecure social retards who wouldn't even dare being that way out of game.  For one reason or another they feel that acting like an elitist gives them some self worth, when in reality it turns them into an even bigger and bigger idiot each time.

Ive trained and fought with some of the top fight teams/gyms in this country and very rarely do I see top fighters acting like they are better than anyone else or unwilling to engage with some of the lower level guys, so when I see it in a video game I cant help but laugh.

If people took a step back for a second and put themselves in the other persons shoes, they might think twice about acting like egotistic faggots and be a little nicer, which in turn might gain them some respect for being a good person instead of being respected because of an in game achievement...
Hey, moron:

Your name is, "Thugjitsu." Your posts all have very mildly veiled elitism in them. (Fought in the best gyms; with the best teams; know the best guys; can't help but laugh) You took the time to upload a picture of someone, supposedly you, kicking a heavy bag? Are you serious? You're worthless. Stop trying.

Lots of, "top fighters" are completely arrogant douchebags, like you're trying to be. The only problem is you can't. You're too shitty at WoW to have any bearing in the conversation here, and you're what.. going to fight professionally? Please. Lots of people who have been the best at things since history has been recorded have been hugely insecure, paranoid and even downright tyrannical.

Could you beat Mike Tyson at anything? Didn't think so, the dude is a crazy elitist prick. That is what it takes to be the best for some people. This game isn't even a PvP game, and it's so easy to get highly rated over and over again and your only achievement is one Gladiator title as a Warrior in season 9.

Drop your act, pal. You're nobody. You don't know anybody famous. You don't fight them. You're not in good shape. You're some scumbag who took one kickboxing class running around here now like the movie First Blood was inspired by your real life. You want people to take a step back and realize that your fake real life achievements are better than their fake in-game achievements? I'm sorry, but they're not.

There are two types of people who compete:

1) Generally gifted people with real, inalienable talent - champions. Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, etc

2) Insecure people whose paranoia makes them so self-aware that they fix all of their deficits enough to be considered good or decent, never rising to champion status - Eli Manning, etc

Which category do most people who play this game fall into? The second, obviously. Now, why is that do you think? Well for starters, World of Warcraft simply isn't competitive at all, so the second category really thrives in a setting where the boundaries of victory and success are so easily muddied. And second, why would a champion play this game? You can't even be the best at it. You could literally log on right now and be the absolute best that there has ever been at one class only to find that a patch coming tomorrow, next week, next month makes you obsolete. Why would any truly talented person subject themselves to that?

They wouldn't, so you fall into that category. Gladiator one time as a Warrior in S9 - need I say more? No one cares about your mixed martial arts background. You're a fucking joke. You'd think you'd have a Medal of Honor with how much of your post was dedicated to something you do as a hobby. You're a nerd, dude.

So why don't you spare us your tips from the bottom, throw on a Tapout shirt and fuck off.

--

edit: A GREAT example of this is Khuna and Reckful. Khuna is a tryhard who barely speaks any language, cheats to get ahead, is in threads like this groveling with 12 time Duelists and acting like he's the best. Ever see Reckful do any shit like that? Nah, because Reckful is an American champion and Khuna is a 9 time Duelist, two time win-trader, one-time Gladiator who has to commit real life crimes for in-game achievements.

Reckful is from the only country to ever be back to back World War champs, Khuna is from the only country that has lost more wars than Germany. Look at what a pathetic moron he is, lol.

Hard to act like a badass when you have to try and steal someone's identity to get the achievements they have in a game because you know you could never, ever beat them. No such thing as halfway crooks, bro. You're shook.

Edited by andysc, 11 February 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#27 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I got started in arena when a bored Dk (I think he was glad, not sure) asked me to do 2s with him a couple weeks before S6 ended.  I had never done arena and was in full PvE gear, but thanks to being lol prothealadin we ended up somewhere around 2800 MMR that night.  

Long story short, I'm no glad, but that's how I got started and I make it a point to show people the same patience and generosity that Elevenxray (xoxo) showed me.

That said, I give a lot of shit to the phaggots that act like they're God's gift to pixels, so I suppose I'm not much better ;)

Edit:  Moistlol and Contrololol(Annoyinglol) did very much the same thing for me and I've been playing with them for the ~3 years since.

Edited by Contrololold, 11 February 2013 - 04:17 PM.

twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#28 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Postandysc, on 11 February 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hey, moron:

Your name is, "Thugjitsu." Your posts all have very mildly veiled elitism in them. (Fought in the best gyms; with the best teams; know the best guys; can't help but laugh) You took the time to upload a picture of someone, supposedly you, kicking a heavy bag? Are you serious? You're worthless. Stop trying.

Lots of, "top fighters" are completely arrogant douchebags, like you're trying to be. The only problem is you can't. You're too shitty at WoW to have any bearing in the conversation here, and you're what.. going to fight professionally? Please. Lots of people who have been the best at things since history has been recorded have been hugely insecure, paranoid and even downright tyrannical.

Could you beat Mike Tyson at anything? Didn't think so, the dude is a crazy elitist prick. That is what it takes to be the best for some people. This game isn't even a PvP game, and it's so easy to get highly rated over and over again and your only achievement is one Gladiator title as a Warrior in season 9.

Drop your act, pal. You're nobody. You don't know anybody famous. You don't fight them. You're not in good shape. You're some scumbag who took one kickboxing class running around here now like the movie First Blood was inspired by your real life. You want people to take a step back and realize that your fake real life achievements are better than their fake in-game achievements? I'm sorry, but they're not.

There are two types of people who compete:

1) Generally gifted people with real, inalienable talent - champions. Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, etc

2) Insecure people whose paranoia makes them so self-aware that they fix all of their deficits enough to be considered good or decent, never rising to champion status - Eli Manning, etc

Which category do most people who play this game fall into? The second, obviously. Now, why is that do you think? Well for starters, World of Warcraft simply isn't competitive at all, so the second category really thrives in a setting where the boundaries of victory and success are so easily muddied. And second, why would a champion play this game? You can't even be the best at it. You could literally log on right now and be the absolute best that there has ever been at one class only to find that a patch coming tomorrow, next week, next month makes you obsolete. Why would any truly talented person subject themselves to that?

They wouldn't, so you fall into that category. Gladiator one time as a Warrior in S9 - need I say more? No one cares about your mixed martial arts background. You're a fucking joke. You'd think you'd have a Medal of Honor with how much of your post was dedicated to something you do as a hobby. You're a nerd, dude.

So why don't you spare us your tips from the bottom, throw on a Tapout shirt and fuck off.

--

edit: A GREAT example of this is Khuna and Reckful. Khuna is a tryhard who barely speaks any language, cheats to get ahead, is in threads like this groveling with 12 time Duelists and acting like he's the best. Ever see Reckful do any shit like that? Nah, because Reckful is an American champion and Khuna is a 9 time Duelist, two time win-trader, one-time Gladiator who has to commit real life crimes for in-game achievements.

Reckful is from the only country to ever be back to back World War champs, Khuna is from the only country that has lost more wars than Germany. Look at what a pathetic moron he is, lol.

Hard to act like a badass when you have to try and steal someone's identity to get the achievements they have in a game because you know you could never, ever beat them. No such thing as halfway crooks, bro. You're shook.

^Insecurity at its finest, thanks for proving my point :)
Posted Image

#29 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

^Insecurity at its finest, thanks for proving my point :)
tl;dr

#30 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Now, it could be just me but, people that make instructional videos and actually try to help out players improve don't tend to be elitist, so I don't see where you actually got the whole "acting like he's the best". From what I've seen from Khuna's posts and streams, he actually seems like an alright guy and actually hates elitism in general.

If anything, your post is actually so stupid that I don't even have the words to express it. Even bashing and judging someone for their country is just proof of how sad you really are.

As for the whole cheats to get ahead, based on his play and in general his RMP with Zunniyaki and Xandyn's play at the time, they were gonna actually get R1 if Hydra ever queued because of them playing much better than Hydra's RMP, but Hydra camped that R1 spot for like 8 months. And he didn't even stay in the team after Hydra's team got hacked.

Edited by Virent, 11 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Postandysc, on 11 February 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

tl;dr

I like thug but I rofled very hard at this lol. Also you hit the nail on the head in regard to Khuna. His 5 mins were up the second reckful returned to the game.

#32 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostVirent, on 11 February 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Now, it could be just me but, people that make instructional videos and actually try to help out players improve don't tend to be elitist, so I don't see where you actually got the whole "acting like he's the best". From what I've seen from Khuna's posts and streams, he actually seems like an alright guy and actually hates elitism in general.

If anything, your post is actually so stupid that I don't even have the words to express it. Even bashing and judging someone for their country is just proof of how sad you really are.

As for the whole cheats to get ahead, based on his play and in general his RMP with Zunniyaki and Xandyn's play at the time, they were gonna actually get R1 if Hydra ever queued because of them playing much better than Hydra's RMP, but Hydra camped that R1 spot for like 8 months. And he didn't even stay in the team after Hydra's team got hacked.
Correction, he didnt stay on the team after the community shit on him.

#33 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Its boring that it's always the 2 same haters and that u don't even have the facts of your verbal diarrhea straight, try to be funny or something to make it worth reading next time pls

#34 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2009
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hey, moron:

---

Reckful is from the only country to ever be back to back World War champs, Khuna is from the only country that has lost more wars than Germany.

Last time I checked, this is a World of Warcraft Arena pvp forum, not a World War veteran forum.
Also, last wow PvP tournament I watched, Khuna's country won, your country lost.

Deal with it. US :rogue:

#35 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not the last one only lol, the last 3 ones and I won both of the 2 first ones but I know this doesn't mean anything anyway, not like this retarded hater that isn't even remotely funny to read

#36 Skizzlol

Skizzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

BACK ON TOPIC,

the "target game" was one of the most hilarious things about wow.
If you are or were a fellow elitest like myself during BC/wrath.(somewhat cata) You would remember that it was like a game of tag when you were sitting on your mount in durotar. You never wanted to target someone and have that person know you were inspecting them or w/e. And if they targeted you while you were targeting them you were like...oh shit and you changed target to a boar or the nearest low lvl...those were the days hahaha

Edited by Skizzlol, 11 February 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#37 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Khuna is literally sending me AJ messages begging to suck my dick lol

#38 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Your posts are getting worse, Reed. Trying to drag in irrelevant things, repeating the same thing several times, etc. Need more of the fine trolling and less of this incoherent pointless flaming
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#39 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostThaya, on 11 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Your posts are getting worse, Reed. Trying to drag in irrelevant things, repeating the same thing several times, etc. Need more of the fine trolling and less of this incoherent pointless flaming
Some people require a more refined approach, I agree. Khuna, unfortunately, does not. Neither does a guy who took the time to upload a picture of him kicking a punching bag.

sry :X

#40 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

What the fuck happened to this site? People used to argue about their ratings here not their personal lives rofl

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<