• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationDKDK

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostBraindeadly, on 12 February 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

it's cuz the l33t king wizikballer is not here anymore. a bit of inspiration goes a long way =)... everything is commercial and neutral now (the whole streaming notion is be neutral or get sanctioned by an angry mob of raging fan boys).

Many of us are lucky enough to be able to live off this game (e.g. skill-capped, glad/rank1 boosts, streaming, youtube etc) but it has caused the trend of having to be neutral when streaming or making videos. For example say person A asks you a question about toweliee. You say something bad like toweliee is fat for example (he wouldn't care, he's a grown man) in response; you will most likely be DDOSed within minutes. It happened to a friend when he said something bad about a certain top streamer (i won't mention his name) and he was DDOSed within 10 minutes of said action. Many people don't get that it's normally just banter, because they are probably very young - kids have a harder time being rational or understanding varied opinions about their beloved streamers.

Therefore that is why arena egos aren't as common now. The whole reason a lot of people still play is due to a mixture of being able to live off the game and, I assume, the social fun aspect that arena brings which I think is still good. You can't have an opinion about popular people or be "real" as some people like to put it anymore as it will hurt your image which could drastically damage your career in streaming or any other outlet you pursue related to WoW. You can't have an opinion when streaming, you have to be neutral or you'll be gunned down by an angry mob of fan boys.

Wizik needs to come back to restore the balance.

Posted Image
rumour goes he'll start again next season, who knows..

Cyanerd for president.

#102 Noname

Noname

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostBraindeadly, on 12 February 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

it's cuz the l33t king wizikballer is not here anymore. a bit of inspiration goes a long way =)... everything is commercial and neutral now (the whole streaming notion is be neutral or get sanctioned by an angry mob of raging fan boys).

Many of us are lucky enough to be able to live off this game (e.g. skill-capped, glad/rank1 boosts, streaming, youtube etc) but it has caused the trend of having to be neutral when streaming or making videos. For example say person A asks you a question about toweliee. You say something bad like toweliee is fat for example (he wouldn't care, he's a grown man) in response; you will most likely be DDOSed within minutes. It happened to a friend when he said something bad about a certain top streamer (i won't mention his name) and he was DDOSed within 10 minutes of said action. Many people don't get that it's normally just banter, because they are probably very young - kids have a harder time being rational or understanding varied opinions about their beloved streamers.

Therefore that is why arena egos aren't as common now. The whole reason a lot of people still play is due to a mixture of being able to live off the game and, I assume, the social fun aspect that arena brings which I think is still good. You can't have an opinion about popular people or be "real" as some people like to put it anymore as it will hurt your image which could drastically damage your career in streaming or any other outlet you pursue related to WoW. You can't have an opinion when streaming, you have to be neutral or you'll be gunned down by an angry mob of fan boys.

Wizik needs to come back to restore the balance.

Posted Image

Well I would support the angry mob if that's true. A baby could learn the words "dog, rat, shit, bad" and all sorts of those combinations only from watching 5min of you streaming with blazin.

"Many people don't get that it's normally just banter, because they are probably very young". Must not comment the irony.
Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#103 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

The real question is: why are you underdeveloped types so sensitive? Everyone in this game has shit talked to them, even if you're the best by a large margin.

Let me ask you this: who do you know that has more titles/accolades than Hydra? I can think of one person(Kintt) who hasn't played in ages. And yet most EU scumbags say Hydra is garbage, or whatever. Based on what? The only problem with this game, in my opinion, is the irreverence shown by the peasants. The problem is people who are supposed to be good don't deserve your respect. Azael and Talbadar for example were so afraid of Draen's Shadowplay that they pulled strings to get him DQ'd after he was beating their team having only played for a week since a year long break.

Talbadar is a complete scumbag that doctors chat logs, will cheat, win trade, etc to get ahead. Who isn't? Even Kollektiv has win-traded before - most people from Vindi have. Maybe they were young, maybe whatever. There haven't been any really great players with really great personalities since probably Team Pandemic/Kishkumen days - most people posting here don't even know who those people are.

So the peasants are irreverent, and the royalty doesn't deserve respect. Is there anything else to say?

Edited by andysc, 12 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#104 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sucks when people get that attitude, seen a lot of people change from WOTLK to now :) Most for the worse!

#105 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostNoname, on 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Well I would support the angry mob if that's true. A baby could learn the words "dog, rat, shit, bad" and all sorts of those combinations only from watching 5min of you streaming with blazin.

"Many people don't get that it's normally just banter, because they are probably very young". Must not comment the irony.

i'm talking from a third party perspective. who cares about what i do or say, it's irrelevant

#106 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

why do you guys write so many pages about this?
it is simple as fuck.
nerds have no self confidence whatsoever so they go on a shitty game that the world couldn't care less about and get cocky when they get good at it, or even if they're not. shitters get cocky to people lower than them as well, it doesn't matter, they just look for anything to be arrogant about. that's all really and that's the truth.
there are plenty of insanely good players, multi r1's, who aren't cocky or arrogant one bit and are really cool people, because they are actually normal irl. there you go.

#107 Ciarzx

Ciarzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

keep reading topic title as arena eggs...

Edited by Ciarzx, 12 February 2013 - 08:41 PM.

My twitch follows are much appreciated!

#108 boomroasted

boomroasted
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2209

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

slaying noobs is what the game is all about... and what do ya know... there are many more noobs to slay at 1900 vs. 2300!!!

#109 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostCiarzx, on 12 February 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

keep reading topic title as arena eggs...
Thanks alot fucker. now so do I.
Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#110 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

egos and drama make this game fun, if you don't like it when someone talks crap about you or won't play with you because you suck, then get better at the game, don't come on AJ to make a whiney baby post that you don't have anyone to play with.

i get tired of people not having an ego and everyone being all buddy buddy with eachother, when you get beat by someone who talks smack it remains in the back of your head and the next time you face them you are either intimated by them or try to play that much better to beat them. it makes you a better player and when that time comes you beat them and consistently beat, they look like the idiot and then you are the one doing the smack talking. it doesn't create a bad atmosphere either, drama is good for WoW

Edited by ohnoes, 12 February 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#111 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

lots of good posts here. lol.

I'm anti-ego, basically if someone has a huge ego i make it a mission to slay them. I would have never gotten gladiator if nobody made me angry. Basically you need fuel to be competitive, and if someone really gets under your skin, it can inspire you to undermine their claim to skill. If one is comfortable/content, like a lot of guys who are married, reliable income etc, their testosterone levels lower and they don't really care about their rating anymore.

#112 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Postohnoes, on 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

egos and drama make this game fun, if you don't like it when someone talks crap about you or won't play with you because you suck, then get better at the game, don't come on AJ to make a whiney baby post that you don't have anyone to play with.

i get tired of people not having an ego and everyone being all buddy buddy with eachother, when you get beat by someone who talks smack it remains in the back of your head and the next time you face them you are either intimated by them or try to play that much better to beat them. it makes you a better player and when that time comes you beat them and consistently beat, they look like the idiot and then you are the one doing the smack talking. it doesn't create a bad atmosphere either, drama is good for WoW
Ok let me start - you fucking suck u lost to t1 dbl war as thugcleave fucking shit noob l2p rofl r1 ololololol

Forgot to say i was playing with trade priest fucking shitter lol

Edited by Braindance, 12 February 2013 - 10:30 PM.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#113 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostNoname, on 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

cool story bro

no1 gives a fuck

#114 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image
Cause every trash needs a glad

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#115 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostGodx, on 11 February 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

I don't remember ever playing with regentlord, I just now leveled a rogue on malganis.... I mostly only played on drak'tharon. so not sure what you're talking about....

I would never kick this qt from my arena team.

View PostBraindance, on 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Cause every trash needs a glad

Braindance, you are the best.

Edited by Regent, 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#116 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

dbl post.

Edited by Regent, 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#117 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Lots of people have huge egos...
Posted Image

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#118 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 12 February 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

cool story bro

no1 gives a fuck
You're that little insect thats so small but yet so annoying on our windshield of world warcraft community.
Posted Image

#119 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postohnoes, on 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

to further boost your ego.

my record when you were on vindi vs the teams you played on when YOU played rogue. 0-x
my record when sneakysnipe played on same teams x-0

much fun.

#120 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I wanna dedicate this song to all of you fucking shitters to make you better players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<