Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

I always wondered why egos seem to be so important to arena players everywhere. whether it be titles or just being known as a good player, why does it matter so much? it seems as though people don't even venture to playing with players that may be below their league of play or even above their league of play. i still enjoy just queing with random people from trade because it can be fun, even if you play with someone that is horrible for a night there is always the off-chance that it you could have a lot of fun and maybe even meet someone that is new to arena but could potentially be really good at the game. i know it sounds stupid to even bring up a topic like this but it really seems quite prevalent within the arena community that rapidly decreases everyday, so might as well have fun playing with people that are fun to play with while it lasts.

tldr everyone is gonna call me a faggot

#2 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

faggot ^_^

#3 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

i don't think you are a faggot at all, ego's are and unfortunately always be in this game, and everywhere.  I love playing with random people, although playing with bad people can sometimes be frustrating,  i like to think that if i give someone some tips they might improve their game play, and maybe enjoy the game a little more, and even try to get even better from that.  I also love introducing people into pvp who have never really done so much, even though the state of the game is quite silly, if you can look past that, and have a little bit of fun while you do it, socially, this game can be a lot of fun.

there's always gonna be ego's tho, me personally, i just avoid them, as i like to enjoy my game my way, and they can enjoy theirs, their way. :)

#4 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

No dude is going to let you touch his wiener if you think you're bad at this game. If you don't think you're good, then you fucking suck. Egos are healthy, it keeps you from sucking. I'd rather takl to someone who thinks they're fucking amazing than some emo little bitch always going "I'm so bad :( /cut wrist"

-Got A low self esteem bro? you can rent my ego

Edited by Godx, 11 February 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#5 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

wait, Kevin...are you calling me a random?

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#6 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I love playing with random 1500 players from tradechat, especially once they realize that I am the real Regentlord.

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Regentlord please stand up?

Yes, I'm right here.

#7 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

It's kind of a waterfall effect too, I've noticed. The 2500 guy will act like a jerk to the 2300 guy, so then the 2300 guy acts like a jerk to the 2000 guy and then the 2k guy acts like a jerk to the 1800 guy and 1800 like a jerk to the 1500 guy and it just keeps going.

Feels bad, man.

#8 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostGodx, on 11 February 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

No dude is going to let you touch his wiener if you think you're bad at this game. If you don't think you're good, then you fucking suck. Egos are healthy, it keeps you from sucking. I'd rather takl to someone who thinks they're fucking amazing than some emo little bitch always going "I'm so bad :( /cut wrist"

You are a complete tool. Egos do not keep you from sucking. They are the reason so many players DO suck to play with. I'd rather play w/ someone who is a good person vs. a good player any day. Finding someone who is both is what's really rare/special. It's been a long time since I had the pleasure of playing with people who were great at the game and also great people outside of it, I'm confident I will find some players like that again somewhere down the road. So far this season it seems to be one or the other. In the meantime I'd rather play w/ "bads" who are actually enjoyable to be in skype w/ as opposed to douchebags like yourself who think they are sliced bread and sound like nails on a chalkboard.

#9 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2323
  • 3v3: 2703
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

lord snackingtonz has spoken out on egos

dank kush 420 trade pug yolo queue err day
Posted Image

#10 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostMattadoro, on 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

lord snackingtonz has spoken out on egos

dank kush 420 trade pug yolo queue err day

hey friend :) do you still play? i talk with aplus still and he hasnt mentioned anything about you in a while

#11 icons

icons
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2330
  • 3v3: 2987
  • 5v5: 2316
  • RBG: 2241

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

posting in a weed ass thread

#12 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

View Posticons, on 11 February 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

posting in a weed ass thread

sell any oranges today?

#13 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 2047
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's not really just in the arena community as much as it is in everywhere there is some form of competition. Some people just don't have patience to not be winning or doing everything they can to win. Even in pve its very common for people to get kicked from raids for being ever so slightly off. Whether its dps a little low or failing a mechanic once or twice. People just don't want to deal with it and its a social norm for most.

#14 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Some people just can't handle competition and in general become elitist to their opponents. It's always been like that.

There are the people that would help someone learn and try to help them out in general.
There are the people that would flame the living crap out of the enemy team even if they get outplayed (would never admit it) and call them noobs.
There are the people that just don't care and play for fun etc.

Everyone's different really.

But in the end, I've noticed that people who actually think that they're not that good at the game improve much more and much quicker than people who think they're the best.

Edited by Virent, 11 February 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

the main reason why i bring this up is just that i feel people should venture out and play with people they wouldn't normally play with be it rivalry or the person is "under their level". the only reason i think it is good to do is that the way i even got into arena was a random bc gladiator asked me to play with him and we got to 2500 in s8  as wld when i was in furious gear and didnt even have a pvp weapon since it was my first season of arena. since then i've always tried giving people chances to arena with me on the off-chance that maybe they will be both fun to play with and really good at the game. i just feel people are too conservative with their arena partner choices and refuse to play with anyone that they may have lost to in arena or they have beaten in arena.

#16 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Lmao they wouldnt even target you sometimes when you talk to them or jump around on their mounts pretending they're afk :duckers:
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#17 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostSynkz, on 11 February 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

It's kind of a waterfall effect too, I've noticed. The 2500 guy will act like a jerk to the 2300 guy, so then the 2300 guy acts like a jerk to the 2000 guy and then the 2k guy acts like a jerk to the 1800 guy and 1800 like a jerk to the 1500 guy and it just keeps going.

Feels bad, man.

Posted Image

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#18 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostSnackumz, on 11 February 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

I always wondered why egos seem to be so important to arena players everywhere. whether it be titles or just being known as a good player, why does it matter so much? it seems as though people don't even venture to playing with players that may be below their league of play or even above their league of play. i still enjoy just queing with random people from trade because it can be fun, even if you play with someone that is horrible for a night there is always the off-chance that it you could have a lot of fun and maybe even meet someone that is new to arena but could potentially be really good at the game. i know it sounds stupid to even bring up a topic like this but it really seems quite prevalent within the arena community that rapidly decreases everyday, so might as well have fun playing with people that are fun to play with while it lasts.

tldr everyone is gonna call me a faggot

Tried this picking up a guy, saw potential, played with him for a half a year, as soon as he got a somewhat decent rating he told me i was a cock, in over my head, etc. Now hes stuck with no1 to play with and i've realised its not worth it to try to scout for new talent when theres already so much existing :D
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#19 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostVirent, on 11 February 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

But in the end, I've noticed that people who actually think that they're not that good at the game improve much more and much quicker than people who think they're the best.
Too true. This is why every season I try to find humble rivals/duelists to push glad with. Problem is at some point they will think they are gods and I have to find new team mates. It happens to me every season rofl.

It's better to just play in bg9 at this point in WoW, because every time you queue there's a chance you can be outplayed.

#20 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostGodx, on 11 February 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Now I know why you are fucking trash at this game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<