Help

The new MMR exploit and three easy ways to fix it

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sonikcn

sonikcn
  • Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

I like playing 3v3 arena and I hope everybody can compete in the spirit of fair play. Several MMR exploits have existed for a long time. However, Blizzard didn't fix them. This is one of them that I know. Anyone who can report this to Blizzard, please do it!

This works on 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.
For example, if we use the MMR exploit in 3v3, we need 7 characters. Then we create 2 arena teams. Let's say they are team A, team B and character C.
We have A1, A2, A3 in team A and B1, B2, B3 in team B. Before we get started, we need to know which character has the highest individual MMR in each team. Let's say A1 and B1. Here, individual MMR means the MMR of that character. We can see it at the end of a 1 vs 3 match if we only let that character enter arena.

Then let me show you how it works:
1.Let team A queue team B, BUT ONLY A1 AND B1 ENTER THE ARENA. Each team win 3 times, so they (team A and team B )have the same MMR.
2.Kick B1 from team B and let C join team B. Then we have a new team (C, B2, B3). Let's call it team X. Let team A queue team X, BUT ONLY A1 AND C ENTER THE ARENA. Each team win 3 times, so they have the same MMR.
3.Let team A FARM team X serveral times. (A1 AND ALL TEAM MEMBERS IN TEAM X MUST ENTER THE ARENA).
4.Kick C from team X and invite B1. Now we have B1, B2 and B3 in a team, called team B.
5.Let team A queue team B, BUT ONLY A1 AND B1 ENTER THE ARENA. Each team win 3 times, so they have the same MMR.
6.Let C join team B. Then we have team X again. (C, B2, B3). Now team X's MMR is higher than what it was at the end of step 3. Let team A farm team X serveral times. (A1 AND ALL TEAM MEMBERS IN TEAM X MUST ENTER THE ARENA).

Redo step 4, 5 and 6. (You should always let the party leader be the member with the highest individual MMR in that team. Here we have A1 and B1 at the beginning. Also, if you met another random team, only A1 and B1 enter the arena, and they must enter. Otherwise, MMR would be screwed up)

At the end, MMR will be very high for both team A and team B.  Then we can remake team A and team B, and we can easily get two high-rated teams with 50% win-loss ratio.

Here are three ways to fix it:

1. No free rating.    For example, if only two opponents entered a 3v3 arena, your team will not be given any free rating or free MMR increase. (But the rating of your opponent's team will decrease as punishment of incomplete team members)

2. Tie MMR at team level.   For example, if we have team A with 1800 MMR at the beginning of the season. Then A1 left team A and get rank 1 in another team. At the end of the season, A1 goes back to team A. In this case, MMR of team A will still be exact 1800, whatever A1, A2 and A3 did during this season.

3. If you win, only you win, if you lose, everybody loses. For example, if I enter a 3v3 arena, but my teammates are all DCed. And I kill all the opponents and I win. In this case, only my MMR increases, nothing happens to my teammates.  On the other hand, If I enter a 3v3 arena and my teammates are still DCed. Then I lost. In this case, everybody in my team gets MMR decrease and everythig decreases. (team rating, personal rating). This rule applys when someone in your team doesn't enter an arena for whatever reason!

#2 Darkrah

Darkrah
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Honestly, who even bothers to do this?

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

LOL you must be sad to go to all this trouble for a fake rating.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 Darkrah

Darkrah
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postardnut, on 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Indeed, that was alot of shit to do..

#5 sonikcn

sonikcn
  • Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostDoYouEven, on 09 February 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Honestly, who even bothers to do this?

I've never done this before, but I live in a community where a lot of people boost their rating in this way. They sell their ratings, glad titles and rank 1. This is really bad for people who really want to play arena.
Check CN arena ladder.

#6 Dolan

Dolan
  • Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

TL;DR

#7 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postardnut, on 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

ppl faked IDs for r1, i wouldn't be surprised if someone abused this method~
shut up pvp guy

#8 sonikcn

sonikcn
  • Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostReirei, on 12 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Exactly. That's what people did in my community. There are several 3v3 teams with 3700 rating. And they sell their R1 title. They started doing this at the end of S7 and they'll continue doing this if BLZ didn't do anything.

#9 sniwl

sniwl
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2217

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostDolan, on 09 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

TL;DR

swippy swappy characters to get high mmr

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostReirei, on 12 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Way to generalise. 1 person did that. Not the entire WoW community. Rofl.
Posted Image

#11 endocytotic

endocytotic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 1854
  • 5v5: 2207
  • RBG: 959