34 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

discs have to good mana on ptr, they get mana back from damage it seems, dno if its buged i havnt read the changes so.. also 1min fiend is bit <.<

#22 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 09 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

You make it sound like disc is terrible right now when it really isn't.

People like this working for blizz is why we can't have nice things

#23 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostDividium, on 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

People like this working for blizz is why we can't have nice things

he didn't realise priest has nothing to be chosen for ...
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 09 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

You make it sound like disc is terrible right now when it really isn't.
It isn't terrible my ass.

This is not a holy paladin where you can have complete disregard to enemy abilities and your complete arena activity consists of healing with broken instants, cooldowns etc. Go watch zilea, they were r1 on bg9, he learned about totemic restoration, reck+avatar etc recently. He was pointing his mouse at the icy veins icon and reading what it was doing the other day.
The point is , the player base of disc priest had always decent understanding of the game, unlike paladin, dk , warrior etc, where they could spam unhealable dmg/monster healing on a single target and win while ignoring 4 other players in arena.
So you comprehend that a such player base don't go to %0.1 representation in glad range randomly. And the majority of that %0.1 succeeded playing with two plate/plate+mail mongoloids.

In 5.2 you will not be 2 to 1 underdog in healing + mana regen comparing to real healers but as I said on the other thread:
Everything you can do is either negated or performed better by another healer. You don't bring anything. Do you even know how bad is the phantasm nerf for disc?
All these people posting, it isn't terrible or it's really good on PTR are posting healing / mana numbers. Wake up, shaman/pala etc have been doing those for 5 months. Why don't you post something else other than mana/healing? Because there isn't anything else good.
And if you don't point this stuff out, not only you will have your regular disc exclusion at the start of expansions, this time you will have an exclusion for the entire duration of the expansion. This is the reason why people are making such comments.

Edited by Djandawg, 09 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#25 CrossBlesserx

CrossBlesserx

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostZerlog, on 09 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

discs have to good mana on ptr, they get mana back from damage it seems, dno if its buged i havnt read the changes so.. also 1min fiend is bit <.<
Are your going for "Most ridiculous posts made in a month" for guinness world records or what? I swear every thread i check you are in there commenting about something that you have no clue about.. or are you trying to farm rep? If that is the case I'll + rep so you will be done sooner and you can stop

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostCrossBlesserx, on 09 February 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Are your going for "Most ridiculous posts made in a month" for guinness world records or what? I swear every thread i check you are in there commenting about something that you have no clue about.. or are you trying to farm rep? If that is the case I'll + rep so you will be done sooner and you can stop

i was being ironic ;)

Edited by Zerlog, 09 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 09 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

It isn't terrible my ass.

This is not a holy paladin where you can have complete disregard to enemy abilities and your complete arena activity consists of healing with broken instants, cooldowns etc. Go watch zilea, they were r1 on bg9, he learned about totemic restoration, reck+avatar etc recently. He was pointing his mouse at the icy veins icon and reading what it was doing the other day.
The point is , the player base of disc priest had always decent understanding of the game, unlike paladin, dk , warrior etc, where they could spam unhealable dmg/monster healing on a single target and win while ignoring 4 other players in arena.
So you comprehend that a such player base don't go to %0.1 representation in glad range randomly. And the majority of that %0.1 succeeded playing with two plate/plate+mail mongoloids.

In 5.2 you will not be 2 to 1 underdog in healing + mana regen comparing to real healers but as I said on the other thread:
Everything you can do is either negated or performed better by another healer. You don't bring anything. Do you even know how bad is the phantasm nerf for disc?
All these people posting, it isn't terrible or it's really good on PTR are posting healing / mana numbers. Wake up, shaman/pala etc have been doing those for 5 months. Why don't you post something else other than mana/healing? Because there isn't anything else good.
And if you don't point this stuff out, not only you will have your regular disc exclusion at the start of expansions, this time you will have an exclusion for the entire duration of the expansion. This is the reason why people are making such comments.

Cry cry cry cry cry, just like the rogues, mages, monks, and warlocks who all blame their class too. Priests are not terrible, the strongest classes just have a lot of counters to them right now(double purge, totemic restoration, zerker exc), which makes them seem terrible. People like you are why every patch classes go from one extreme to another, and there is never any balance in this game. You dont need HUGE buffs, you need tweaks to a few mechanics and nerfs to the blatantly stupid abilities like totemic restoration that hurt you more than anyone else.

Edited by Radejjj, 09 February 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#28 itsrambo23

itsrambo23
  • Killashock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/1/2/0
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostZerlog, on 09 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

you're an idiot
gobbypls
S - succcess
W - winner
A - alliance4ever
G - gg gd luck next time

#29 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 09 February 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Cry cry cry cry cry, just like the rogues, mages, monks, and warlocks who all blame their class too.
What are we gonna blame? We have close to %0 representation at the top, the entire community needs to learn to play because the bar is set too high by  KFC and melee cleaves that are %90 of the ladders?

Priests are not terrible, the strongest classes just have a lot of counters to them right now(double purge, totemic restoration, zerker exc), which makes them seem terrible.

You have a set of tools, almost all of them are made useless by others, but it's ok because in essence they are not terrible? Ty this solves the %0 representation problem.

People like you are why every patch classes go from one extreme to another, and there is never any balance in this game.

They just removed one of the few remaining decent things about the spec, phantasm. They brought pets only to get rendered useless by macros/ one shot.. How is it going to be extremely good? I urge you to show me a season where people were like: fuck dude, disc priest , it's going to be so difficult. We had that brokenness for healer druids, paladins, shamans for many years now.

You dont need HUGE buffs, you need tweaks to a few mechanics and nerfs to the blatantly stupid abilities like totemic restoration that hurt you more than anyone else.

Let's say they remove tremor from totemic restoration, it helps sure, does it make everything ok?. Many classes can still break fear, they will break the second fear because of a shammy, rest can be undead and so on. Also how is melee range fear comparable to hoj + rep + blind? disorient + no cooldown cyclone/root? capa totem / hex?
As you immuned the information that has been told several times in this thread, for this spec to become part of arena, they need to give this spec some of the stuff that others are bringing to arena. A few of the following to be precise:
-Freedom to others, an interrupt, a follow up cc, a healing cooldown.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postitsrambo23, on 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

you're an idiot

View PostZerlog, on 09 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

i was being ironic ;)

#31 Lightsmop

Lightsmop
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

guys, you will see how good disc priests perform in 5.2.

the guy said that disc priest are looking really good on PTR and some of you is then talking about discs at their current state...5.1.
which idiot is talking about 5.1 if the opening was like..."disc priests are looking good on PTR"?

1. think about it
2. answer afterwards

my opinion...priests will be one of the top tier healers...
the priest replaced the paladin @tankhealing...its not the priest being bad because of no utility, its just you guys being mad that the priest playstyle has been completely changed...from super offensive healer to defensive healer.
like it or don't, but don't call him bad, because you lost all of your utilities, which you had in wrath of the lich king or cataclysm.

the priest isnt good vs. zergcomps like KFC, Kitty, Warr/Enh/Hpala, which have the highest representation on the liveladders...thats why priests arent good.
but this will change completely due to the nerfs warriors/ferals get...

like i said...i see priests being one of the best healers...even above shamans.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

What are we gonna blame? We have close to %0 representation at the top, the entire community needs to learn to play because the bar is set too high by  KFC and melee cleaves that are %90 of the ladders?

[/size]
You have a set of tools, almost all of them are made useless by others, but it's ok because in essence they are not terrible? Ty this solves the %0 representation problem.

They just removed one of the few remaining decent things about the spec, phantasm. They brought pets only to get rendered useless by macros/ one shot.. How is it going to be extremely good? I urge you to show me a season where people were like: fuck dude, disc priest , it's going to be so difficult. We had that brokenness for healer druids, paladins, shamans for many years now.

Let's say they remove tremor from totemic restoration, it helps sure, does it make everything ok?. Many classes can still break fear, they will break the second fear because of a shammy, rest can be undead and so on. Also how is melee range fear comparable to hoj + rep + blind? disorient + no cooldown cyclone/root? capa totem / hex?
As you immuned the information that has been told several times in this thread, for this spec to become part of arena, they need to give this spec some of the stuff that others are bringing to arena. A few of the following to be precise:
-Freedom to others, an interrupt, a follow up cc, a healing cooldown.

Representation high or low doesn't mean a class is good or bad, obviously it's an indicator, but it isn't the be all end all. There are a handful of priests doing extremely well, so clearly it's possible.

No one thinks totemic restoration is fine in it's current form, purge is being nerfed, and zerker rage should probably be changed too.  Fixing these abilities is a huge buff to priests.

Any season where RMP was strong? Season 6 with ret/rogue/priest? priests have had seasons where they are strong and seasons where they are weak, but they've probably been the most consistently close to being balanced of any healer.

And I never said priests were fine how they currently are, but people make it out like they are completely awful when all they need are tweaks, the same goes for rogues, deathknights, monks, and warlocks, all four of which are going to go from okay to dumb fuck overpowered in 5.2 because of people like you. Priests do need a strong healing cooldown equivalent to tree/ascendance/paladin stuff, and pain suppress cd should be reduced  given the cd's on similar abilities, but giving priests an interrupt and more cc will make the game worse. Obviously it would make priests better, but at the expense of the game as a whole, the same could be said for deathknights, give them back hungering cold and theyre viable, but the game becomes shittier.

Edited by Radejjj, 10 February 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#33 vacantt

vacantt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Why are you guys coming up with such long names for comps?

#34 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostLightsmop, on 09 February 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

like i said...i see priests being one of the best healers...even above shamans.

I've read some of your posts on AJ and I've statistically concluded by the frequency of reoccurence in your posts; You're mentally retarded.

#35 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postvacantt, on 11 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Why are you guys coming up with such long names for comps?

I see what you did there ;)
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<