Has anyone here ever gotten to rank 14 in vanilla WOW?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostKawklee, on 07 February 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

I was on Lightning's Blade. The first GM team I was on had a good system to keep things in lock, but there was a rival team. We decided after speaking with them to let them get 2 people to GM, and the rest of their team would fend for themselves. Then ours was pretty structured on who was getting GM, except some random guy who didnt even have enough gold to buy bullets for his hunter would play just about 24/7 and they let him get GM just to get him out of the system. There was a massive overpopulation of alliance on the server, and everyone would play AB. So, they would queue WSG (before you could multi-queue) and do some win-trading. It worked for the Horde teams because if they allowed us to win, they could get right back into the queue immediately. If they put up a fight, then it wouldnt matter much to us anyway because queues were so stupid long. Then there were some teams after that, and teams after that, but usually the PVP crowd on the server was really tight, so even people who had already hit GM would or different ranks would come back and help people grind up.

Starts getting hazy after that, because they switched the system up. I just remember us setting our hearthstones to Sythilis and running spice between games because Queues were so long...

I was on Mal'Ganis, was basically the way Raux described only worse. Instead of 2 people competing for HWL it was usually 3-4 and entire guilds were involved in the backstabbing and cheating. Like honestly, the amount of people in our guild we had to involve just to get one of our guys r14 was kind of disgusting, we actually stopped raiding completely for a few weeks. It was such a shitfest

I just assumed most of the other old, high-pop servers were like that as well
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#22 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

We had an original server, but it was mid-high pop.

#23 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 08 February 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I was on Mal'Ganis, was basically the way Raux described only worse. Instead of 2 people competing for HWL it was usually 3-4 and entire guilds were involved in the backstabbing and cheating. Like honestly, the amount of people in our guild we had to involve just to get one of our guys r14 was kind of disgusting, we actually stopped raiding completely for a few weeks. It was such a shitfest

I just assumed most of the other old, high-pop servers were like that as well

my guild was ranked 14-35th world wide for pve for the mid-half of AQ through naxx. at certain points we had to cancel raids because we'd be missing 7-15 core dps/heals because we were off running AB/WSG trying to fend off singaporeans from fucking up the weekly caps.

at first, everything thought the first people on each faction were pathetic for spending a lot of time in AV farming honor and doing turn ins, but after it got competitive everyone envied their iniative and comparitive ease of pace on the the matter.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#24 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Old friend of mine got GM twice, I played her account a lot during her second grind.

#25 Pandamcpanda

Pandamcpanda

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

http://us.battle.net...amcpanda/simple
"Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people"

#26 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution