wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostZerlog, on 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

its not 25% its around 13 ish. also this will buff the sp heals just abit more aswell but they are removing fade survival talent phant something so its overall the same

So 100% (Live) * -20% (all healing nerf) * +25% (pvp power hybrid healing buff @ 50% pvp power) = 100% (5.2 PvP Healing)

isn't this right?

#22 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

So 100% (Live) * -20% (all healing nerf) * +25% (pvp power hybrid healing buff @ 50% pvp power) = 100% (5.2 PvP Healing)

isn't this right?

Shadow Priests will get 25% of their pvp power towards healing(so 40% pvp power would be mean you get 10% healing).

Also, on topic, I like this quite a bit. Isn't ret also getting a few other buffs(healing ones)? And today:

Justice is much more complicated. It was intended as a PvP seal, but the damage loss is so significant and the snare just not that valuable (which is ironic when you consider Ret's history of not being able to catch things), and Burden of Guilt is there if you really do want to snare. Furthermore, just buffing Justice's damage risks Seal twisting in PvE becoming a thing, where you stack up Censure and then swap to Justice. It could be cool if designed right, but would probably just be annoying. We just don't have much room to buff Justice, and players might still forsake it in PvP.

So, we're going to redesign it and attempt to solve another problem, which is Ret's damage outside of cooldowns (which are quite potent). Justice will now proc (and Judgment will count for the proc) a stacking debuff on the target that increases the damage of your next Templar's Verdict. With 5 stacks, this will be a big hit (but not an insta-gib) and opens up some interesting decisions about how to use Holy Power, such as Inquisition or WoG, if you're trying to hold TV. While Truth + Censure will still do more sustained damage overall, there is a chance Justice will see some situational use in PvE, and we're okay with that. Justice is a Ret-only thing, so it should be a Seal they actually use. It won't snare at all, which I expect some will call a devastating nerf, but again, there's Burden of Guilt if you really need a snare.

Seems like this will give rets "damage" out side of cooldowns. And also seems like it could cause issues with full CDs+this.

Edited by Deonto, 07 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#23 Protectah

Protectah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

My first thoughts after hearing that:

I mean it really depends on the numbers and is hypothetical until we get more info but yeah.. things like this dont help increase our damage outside of cooldowns... because we will pop cooldowns when we have this up LOL... then go back to censure while waiting on cooldowns?

Another point is that i love the ret mobility/swapping playstyle... giving a debuff on the target? Encourage tunnelvision more.

I was really excited to hear about justice changes because we really do need a more baseline snare and this could of been a good way to get it...

They are changing things every 5 minutes tho so who knows

Edited by Protectah, 08 February 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#24 creamsx

creamsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1857
  • 3v3: 2092
  • 5v5: 1971
  • RBG: 1895

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostProtectah, on 08 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I was really excited to hear about justice changes because we really do need a more baseline snare and this could of been a good way to get it...

Justice is a Ret-only thing, so it should be a Seal they actually use. It won't snare at all**   jep more baseline snare jk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Defensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<