• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 16 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

2 extra sec on cyclone from glove enchant).  The nerfs include typhoon CD increase and displacer beast rework (huge).

Feral vs Balance - 30 sec CD on feral clone will be HUGE.
2 seconds extra on cyclone was removed, cooldown on feral cyclone is 20 seconds not 30, and the displacer beast rework is a buff for resto druids, not a nerf

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 February 2013 - 12:05 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#22 fattybombom

fattybombom

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Like someone said, the main reason boomkins might be a bit better next patch is that other classes/specs are getting nerfed.

The increased cd on typhoon is huge for boomkins, since that's a quite a big cd for us to survive on blade's edge and dalaran (even tho it feels like 50% of the classes has some kind of knock nowadays).
Changing the cd on nature's vigil is also a pretty big nerf for boomkins. A lot of the NV duration will most likely will be spent outside of eclipse, unless you're not casting anything and you're unlucky with procs, but then the damage won't be very good anyway. If you use your cd's properly on live atm you will have eclipse during the whole duration of natures vigil. 1.5 min cd is also bad since the on use trinkets has a 1 min cd.

The 9% dmg buff to starfire, wrath and eclipse is obviously good for boomkins though, but I think I would have prefered our dots to get that buff instead of the casts due to stupid burst.

It's hard to tell already, but I think boomkins will have a lot of viable comps next patch.

#23 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 16 February 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

^This, boomer MD from symbiosis is 1 min CD with 1.15 sec cast time.

Still extremely good.  Dispell long cc chains, off heal when Cd not up.
Moonkin's MD dispels ONE debuff, its fucking shit

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Absolutely agree with typhoon nerf,

Was clutch keeping melee uptime down on maps like Dalaran sewers.

I'm definitely not in the "omfg boomkin OP OP" camp.  I just believe that it will be our best available option.  With three middle tier specs, it might be our test option to pair with the current fotm OP dps classes & healers.

In regards to pairing with certain other classes, I feel boomkin has some unique symbiosis combinations that would provide great adjustments if comps like triple dps came back.  Triple dps or other variations could definitely make its way back with hybrid healing buffs.  I could see WW + rogue + ret and they stealth in.

Let's say you are running boomer/rsham/mage, you might try giving the mage healing touch or giving your shammy stealth :D

#25 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 February 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

2 seconds extra on cyclone was removed, cooldown on feral cyclone is 20 seconds not 30, and the displacer beast rework is a buff for resto druids, not a nerf

I would rather keep my stealth ability instead of the added sprint (what is it 4 sec?).  It allows us to use displacer offensively and defensively (quick restealth for pounce on healers)

Thanks for heads up on glove change and feral change, its hard to keep up w/ changes.

#26 Shrunkex

Shrunkex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2296

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

i kinda like natures vigil CD reduce, now we have something to use outside Incineration/Celestial Alignment... NV+on use trinket outside CDs cant be bad change :) with 9% to wrath/surge/starfire ... but i would like to see dots buff instead if you ask em

#27 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostChzbrgr, on 14 February 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Starsurge is pretty ridiculous, but it isn't ever going to hit 300k on players. I would rather have some of that damage put back into dots, and allow shaman to use totems while silenced (But not locked out on nature).
how about we remove some of the dmg, and put it nowhere because you dont need it? :)

#28 Hakasa

Hakasa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

^ this just in, hunter complaining about boomkin.... wat

more news @ 5

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image
Hello and welcome, This is Fox news

Upcoming news
A hunter complains about the recent Boomkin nerfs/upcomfing changes in 5.2 Stay with us and we will get right to it!

also dont forgett to tune in to the lotery where a murloc egg will be given out to a KFC failing their faceroll DONT MISS it! and Hydra is rerolling Hunter

and now the weather with Sir WeatherDruid

Edited by Zerlog, 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#30 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Beautiful.