• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postdionim, on 15 March 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

you're doing something wrong friend. really wrong...

right.... Like what ? Our healing is disgusting. Toppin someone up is beyond impossible vs high dmg comps or dks. You sure can survive but the best option vs a priest team is to completely ignore/cc the priest and rush his partners. They will soon die when cds are off or mana gone. Any brainless dmg comp like Dk+Ret or Warr+Hunter or Hunter + Ret can litteraly explode any of my partner. I'm not sure what comp you play but id like to see your streaming/vid if u ever made any while playin rmp.
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 15 March 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

right.... Like what ? Our healing is disgusting. Toppin someone up is beyond impossible vs high dmg comps or dks. You sure can survive but the best option vs a priest team is to completely ignore/cc the priest and rush his partners. They will soon die when cds are off or mana gone. Any brainless dmg comp like Dk+Ret or Warr+Hunter or Hunter + Ret can litteraly explode any of my partner. I'm not sure what comp you play but id like to see your streaming/vid if u ever made any while playin rmp.

actually our healing is what makes us good, penance heals for about 110k (w/o critting) mending glyph'ed is really good too.

try that, penance for 3 graces (and 110k heal) > mending > pws > flash heal (it should heal for 110~120k) it will not top your partners, but together with absorbs will be enough to take 400k damage ~~, ofc some classes burst people down in the blanket duration, but this is a problem for all healers.

you should have played shadow last season, thats why you think the heal is bad (compared to cata, yes is worse) but we're in a good shape at healing this season, we maybe not be the best overrall but at healing i say we're really good

i dont have internet to stream, and not frapsing anything, but sometimes i will play with a friend that stream: twitchtv/xadinhu hes a warrior!

we all speak portuguese! just warning you haha!

#63 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 15 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

like many already told you: just cause you got access due to the lower standards it takes, it doens't mean u need to post everywhere if you don't have ANYTHING barely constructive to say

Like when you tell everyone who's not agreeing with you, how stupid and clueless they are? It honestly seems like you're just frustrated that you can't get any higher, and that it has to be the class and not you. What about looking at the composition you're playing, or how you manage your cooldowns. Priests are more than viable, and you make shielding sound completly useless. Shields can be quite amazing if played right. If you know you'll be CC'ed, cast down a shield, and cast one instantly when you get out, they can't lock you out on it either. Spirit shell on the other hand provides some amazing oppertunities to pre-shield your partners for several thousands of damage, along with a shield it makes you as the priest able to go really aggressive.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 15 March 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#64 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postdionim, on 15 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

actually our healing is what makes us good, penance heals for about 110k (w/o critting) mending glyph'ed is really good too.

try that, penance for 3 graces (and 110k heal) > mending > pws > flash heal (it should heal for 110~120k) it will not top your partners, but together with absorbs will be enough to take 400k damage ~~, ofc some classes burst people down in the blanket duration, but this is a problem for all healers.

you should have played shadow last season, thats why you think the heal is bad (compared to cata, yes is worse) but we're in a good shape at healing this season, we maybe not be the best overrall but at healing i say we're really good

i dont have internet to stream, and not frapsing anything, but sometimes i will play with a friend that stream: twitchtv/xadinhu hes a warrior!

we all speak portuguese! just warning you haha!

no brother, i played disc last season too :P
Btw, i do agree on single target you can pull off some good survivability, but here is what i think is a problem:

1) meding is not always glyphable unless you drop glyph of penance (which i litterally fell in love with). Given MD ad Sw:D madatory vs most of comps (hunter, palas, mages, monks, rogues). i do agree if glyphed the first tick is REALLY good.

2) I do not do 110 k Penance with 3 ticks unless i crit all of them :\ and ESPECIALLY with MS up. In arena with battlefatigue that is. Why ms and/or battlefatigue is still there is beyond my imagination

3) My Pw:s absorb (in arena with battlefatigue and NO crit) 84k. My flash heal without spark of light (which can happen only every 10 secs) crits for 85/90k with MS (then obviously u get the absorption for jsut as much +mastery scaling). Now, let's say full penance goes 100k. Good. the you cast meding which crits for 140 k (and same ammount as absorbtion). PW:S goes there too and u have an additional 84k absorb (if not purged). This is the best scenario in which the lucky mending critted and i used Inner focus for crit on flash heal. Total : 100k + 85 + 140 + 299k absorb. That seems Amazing idd. Too bad it took you all the best (aka sparkling light inner focus, free of casting for like 5 seconds (2 secs for penance, 1 sec (gcd) for mending, 1 sec gcd for shield and 1.3 for flash heal) and lot of critting involved. If your opponents are barely smart they swap to closest target. That means penance is on cd, mending is on cd (aka no heal and no sparking light), inner focus on cd too. Shit gets nasty. Also, what you gonna do against massive spread dmg ? like boomkin ? And what about necrotic stacking ? the absorbtion doesn't quite help since your target will be shielded YES but still stays in low hp which can be a pain if u get cced or if dk has a class with better dmg on lower than a certain ammount of hp target (rogue, lock, monk, warrior, spriest, dk itself and so on). The problem IMHO is that disc seems really well designed around pve for tanking healing. It has a lot of stuff to keep 1 target up through dmg. I can see priest being really really good in 2s for this reason. but who cares about 2s? and further more: what about multiple targets ? Also: what about tools ? What about freakin cc ?  We bring almost nothing valuable to the table.

View PostFeliclandelo, on 15 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Like when you tell everyone who's not agreeing with you, how stupid and clueless they are?

me and Dioneslol do not agree on most things. Did you read me callin him an idiot or clueless ? I call idiot and clueless ppl with half of a brain. Strangely enough 90% of times they play braindead stuff like pala, dk or warrior.
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

The only one here striking me as clueless is you.

#66 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 15 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

The only one here striking me as clueless is you.

wait ... aren't you the genious who said that Shadowmourne was fine in arena ? ah k. sure bro. sorry
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

you dont crit anymore, mending crit would heal 70k and make a 90k shield.

penance in arena (w/o MS heal for about 110k) and you should always go for mending > flash when things are bad.

against cleave comps priest seens really good for me, against wizard too, against spread damage yes, it is a pain in the ass but i think it is for every healer not just us, shield on everyone mending bouncing and renew's heal for a good amount but are not enough for the damage, here you play really well and work with the lower cds you have to keep people up (PoM, Penance, PW:S(debuff)) but i dont feel we need much more buffs, i only feel we should do more damage, or PVP power should scale on damage for healer (idk why it doenst gamebreaking 8k smites being increased by 10% lol)

edit. on the other table i agree we're worse at cc'ing compared to every other healer (our cc is good, the way we cc is bad, is always a risk decision to fear the enemy healer/dps) i agree our cds outside of auramastery are weak compared to other healer, but we do have good stuff, like MD, stealth, survival, death...

I really think we should do more damage :( but our heals are what makes us decent atm.

and about glyphs, i dont see penance being mandatory, its more a luxury actually =P

Edited by dionim, 15 March 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#68 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah that's exactly what i meant. It's not about being unviable.. it's about being just fine-ish and have no reason to take a priest over other healers. Btw we do oom (at least i do ever since i dropped spirit spam gemming). Our dmg is idd crap (druid with heart of the wild or pala denouce is just better. Our tools are next to unexistant. Look :

Monk: disarm 40y range. sprint/freedom, ring of peace, paralysis undispellable every 15 secs, harmstring, 300k coocon undispellable (real life safer unlike PS). great mana efficency
Pala : bops, sacs, freedoms, really good cc, never need to cast, auramastery for everyone which also increase magic dmg done by 20%. Spell cleave anyone ?
Druid: clone, aoe disorient or stun, roots, fairy fire (with dispell cd is a pain in the ass for real)
Shammy: hex, grounding, shocks, earthbind (or freedom totem), capacitator, magma tote, link, healing tide, totem that increase dmg (stormlash)

what do we bring ? psyfiend ? come on ....

We had really good shit :

MC baseline not needing a talent, Manaburn good also to bait interrupts, shield set "freedom", massdispell not ooming u and with no cd, 2x difencive dispel BY FAR the best reason to take a disc priest over other healers especially vs stuff like frost mages. Dmg which didn't put you on the risk of holy school locked out aka 3xmindspike + MB (100% crit) and sw:d (still don't get why for disc it needs a glyph).

What did we get as trade for that ? N O T H I N G

this is the point i'm tryin to make. The fact you can play priest is not good enough of a reason to pick one for your team. I could say for rbg they are kinda useless too ... but at the end of the day i don't give a fuck about rbg anyway.

agree with you about smite but quite frankly i never have a chance to cast one in 3s. Might be a good change for 2s i guess

View Postdionim, on 15 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

and about glyphs, i dont see penance being mandatory, its more a luxury actually =P

i know, you are right on that. But being able to cast it and keep on full casting it cause runnin los is what i love so much of priest atm.
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

You honestly have to be the most biased person ever to live on this planet. You don't even know how some of the spells even work, that you listed. You just make up random numbers and spew nonesense. You honestly think your only tool as a priest is psyfiend, and all other classes have atleast 6 or 7 more utility spells? I don't even know if you were listing crowd control abilities or defensive abilitites, you just mix it up in one large blur.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 15 March 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#70 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 15 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

You honestly have to be the most biased person ever to live on this planet. You don't even know how some of the spells even work, that you listed. You just make up random numbers and spew nonesense. You honestly think your only tool as a priest is psyfiend, and all other classes have atleast 6 or 7 more utility spells? I don't even know if you were listing crowd control abilities or defensive abilitites, you just mix it up in one large blur.

you are such a mongoloide... what do we have as disc priests ? Psychic scream ? Do u need a list classes that shit on fear from priest ? won't even bother explain it to you .. you are probably brain damaged by smashin your face on the keyboard while playin ret pala.

For the record and just for it, those i listed are tools that can add something to the game apart from healing which is supposed to be somewhat baseline for a healer. Silly me. I beg you to give me a list of disc abilities / spells that interact with enemy players to somewhat trouble their gaming or, if you prefere, to your partners to enanch thier performance.
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

There's no point argueing with people who already made up their mind, as to why they can't get any higher. You just hit the wall.

You have issues with your anger.

#72 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

There's no point argueing with people who already made up their mind, as to why they can't get any higher. You just hit the wall.

You have issues with your anger.

good, you have absolutely no point to make to answer my question. Nice try to get away puttin the focus on my "anger managment problems" (lol) tho.  Sucks i'm smarter than this. Truth is u have absolutely nothing to answer my question with
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't see why I should even bother to explain myself. You're a nobody, there is no point in trying to reasoning with you. Just look at your typing.

#74 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 15 March 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I don't see why I should even bother to explain myself. You're a nobody, there is no point in trying to reasoning with you. Just look at your typing.

lol ... just out of curiosity since i'm a nobody... who the fuck are you ? Get a grip, we are in a videogame forum: everyone here is a fuckin nobody. Again: you have nothing to say and you are tryin to climb ur way out.
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

;)

#76 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I dunno how you achieve 110k in arena with penance, my penance ticks average 24k. (I got maximum possible gear). I think people are %50 off. I am not sure how things will turn out as the season progresses and everyone's opinion is relative to what they play and what they play against.
But using the information I have on ptr and 50 games I played on live, I can predict that comps that will become popular are difficult to beat as disc because I can't outheal the damage, it is hard to recover if the shield is dispelled or someone went low. So you can have stuff that looks good on paper, it's pointless to have them when the ladder is populated with comps that negate them or ignore them with overwhelming damage.

And you can be certain that when your partner dies through heals or during a short cc, everyone puts thought into it and tries to figure out what went wrong, only to find out that people like Hydra , Fuzion (who play with better partners) etc get farmed over and over by the same comps on stream.

Edited by Djandawg, 15 March 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#77 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

^ THIS so much
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

i'm having fun as disc this season. granted i'm not playing at high ratings but i do find the playstyle to be fun again

#79 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 15 March 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

I dunno how you achieve 110k in arena with penance, my penance ticks average 24k. (I got maximum possible gear). I think people are %50 off. I am not sure how things will turn out as the season progresses and everyone's opinion is relative to what they play and what they play against.
But using the information I have on ptr and 50 games I played on live, I can predict that comps that will become popular are difficult to beat as disc because I can't outheal the damage, it is hard to recover if the shield is dispelled or someone went low. So you can have stuff that looks good on paper, it's pointless to have them when the ladder is populated with comps that negate them or ignore them with overwhelming damage.

And you can be certain that when your partner dies through heals or during a short cc, everyone puts thought into it and tries to figure out what went wrong, only to find out that people like Hydra , Fuzion (who play with better partners) etc get farmed over and over by the same comps on stream.
Only teams that can do that have one of the following;
1)Dk
2)Mage
3)Moonkin

Priests are perfect right now - they need 0 changes . It is other classes that need to be toned down a lot.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#80 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostBraindance, on 15 March 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Priests are perfect right now - they need 0 changes . It is other classes that need to be toned down a lot.

View PostDjandawg, on 15 March 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

You can have stuff that looks good on paper, it's pointless to have them when the ladder is populated with comps that negate them or ignore them with overwhelming damage.

Other healers already have the tools and healing output to deal with those.
So here is what will happen:
a ) Some classes get nerfed so that disc priest can compete. In this scenario, healers that already are strong enough to deal with them become amazing.
b ) They don't nerf them, then disc can not compete.
It is very obvious that other healers are significantly better, the only reason you see more priests is that people had no arena for 6 months and they wanna play

And lets assume it's dk, mage, moonkin etc, it's kinda hard to queue into something without one of those.

Edited by Djandawg, 15 March 2013 - 09:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<