118 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

So what are you ideas around the fade nerf?

spriests the new elemental?
Discs geting Buffed? potential #1 healer 5.2?

as i see it they are removing the "cannot be attacked by ranged & spells" from fade?

Personaly i think this is a bad nerf due to the fact that spriests get trained all day and they really need something to get ppl of them.

How do you feel about the dev plage change? spriest missing burst or hows it looking for those who been testing it on the PTR?

Are you going to stop using fade talent and go for something else? are you going to change any talents at all? if so why?

and what stats are you going to aim for haste-mastery-crit? Or mastery > haste > crit?

would love to hear your ideas and thoughts

Edited by Zerlog, 07 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#2 CrossBlesserx

CrossBlesserx

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Well I personally think that spriest is really boring spec and now that disc is going to be playable again(?) a lot of former disc priests who were forced to go shadow are going back to disc anyway
...so we will be seeing a lot less shadow popes

And to answer
Priests What do you think about 5.2:

I think 5.2 is removing some of the most annoying broken shit in game and next season will be more enjoyable no matter if you are disc or shadow.

Edited by CrossBlesserx, 04 February 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#3 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I think that spriest will still be one of the best classes, they really dumbed down the class this expansion

I wouldn't even care if they took life swap out of the game for shadow, the devouring plague change is good because now maybe priests will be forced to actually set something up ( like cc'ng healer then using it) so it doesn't get dispelled.. just adds a little bit of skill to the game, i might try that feather spec thing but i haven't logged on ptr so i dont even know how it works

i hope i was insightful
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostCrossBlesserx, on 04 February 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Well I personally think

that spriest is really boring spec and now that disc is going to be playable again(?)

a lot of former disc priests who were forced to go shadow

are going back to disc anyway

so we will be seeing a lot less shadow popes

And to answer
Priests What do you think about 5.2:

I think 5.2 is removing some of the most annoying broken shit in game and next season will be more enjoyable no matter if you are disc or shadow.

i really like what your onto there, just hope they fix that 4set dr and uhm that no mana on shields? id love to go on as a SP, opens up better comps for fun playing on alts with irls gaming all night half drunk xd

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostJustwoo, on 04 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

I think that spriest will still be one of the best classes, they really dumbed down the class this expansion

I wouldn't even care if they took life swap out of the game for shadow, the devouring plague change is good because now maybe priests will be forced to actually set something up ( like cc'ng healer then using it) so it doesn't get dispelled.. just adds a little bit of skill to the game, i might try that feather spec thing but i haven't logged on ptr so i dont even know how it works

i hope i was insightful

you sir, you are THE Insightful

dno bout the fade issue, just seems something is missing in def tool-kit for a sp

#6 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

shadow will still be good, disc will be better and more playable but still the worst healer in the game. rsham will still be the strongest healer, mistweaver stands to be really good as well, rdruid and hpal will both find strengths in certain setups, and disc still just fills no niche by bringing almost no utility that other healers dont bring better. Disc also suffers badly when resto shamans are strong, ESPECIALLY with 35 second tremor totems that can be placed while feared :P

edit: if they revert phantasm nerf for disc i could see some potential in fire rmp or feral rogue disc/punchmonk rogue disk/thugcleave.  without phantasm as disc you really cant show your face in arena without eating instant ccs to oblivion

Edited by Seu, 04 February 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#7 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Shadow still gonna be good, new fotm shadow rogue/monk. shadow/dpsmonk is strong even now.

hopefully tremor totem gets changed and disc gets some proper buff as I'd like to go back disc.

also going body and soul probably instead of phantasm.

Edited by Eltekk, 04 February 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#8 Zunniyaki

Zunniyaki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I feel like discs could have an advantage as they will be one of the hardest healers to kill (along with monks) via the quasi-passive 30% dmg reduction.

With the rise of rogues and the amount of burst they can do in a stun/silence, shamans and especially Paladins will most likely just explode, whereas a priest can mitigate a lot of dmg passively.
Posted Image

#9 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

the 5s freedom that fade brings, with no global and maybe we could use fade glyph make it still worth i guess

#10 CrossBlesserx

CrossBlesserx

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostZunniyaki, on 04 February 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

I feel like discs could have an advantage as they will be one of the hardest healers to kill (along with monks) via the quasi-passive 30% dmg reduction.

With the rise of rogues and the amount of burst they can do in a stun/silence, shamans and especially Paladins will most likely just explode, whereas a priest can mitigate a lot of dmg passively.

I agree with Zunniaki here, -30% dmg with all those other buffs. I really think disc is very viable again in 5.2. Btw why isn't anyone listing RMP into the "good disc setups" with the rogue and disc buffs? RMP doesn't feel like it's going to suck as much anymore and disc is going to be the best healer choise there for sure..atleast in my opinnion

#11 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Focused will is already -20%, I'm not very convinced with the numbers I'm seeing at the moment (120+ starsurge, 165+ powershot) that another 10% will be the make or break difference.

#12 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostDividium, on 04 February 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Focused will is already -20%, I'm not very convinced with the numbers I'm seeing at the moment (120+ starsurge, 165+ powershot) that another 10% will be the make or break difference.

me 2, and its after we got the damage soo... we still have lack of defensive cds to work with, we are already good at taking damage, but when we get swap with stun/silence when we get out of it its pretty much auramastery and then you fucked.

#13 aedeki

aedeki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

The amount of instant CC in this game is really scary combined with the 30% healing debuff, not forgetting every class having the ability to interrupt a cast with their kicks, silences, fears, grips, stuns, knock-backs and incapacitates quite easily. Healer swaps have been the easiest they have ever been before and that's no fun.

Shadow was updated to the most boring spec to play (strong but no fun) and disc has been the exact same since the beginning minus the fact of our offensive ability has been diminished to almost the least offensive healer - resto druids with heart of the wild are competitive offensive healers.

All of the added CC overtime has become too insane, they need to tone it back down so each class has 1 or 2 CC abilities not 3-5.

Overall I think 5.2 is headed in a better direction. As for disc, the fade change won't be crazy since we can use glyph of shadow word: death almost always. Is it going to act as a freedom for 5 seconds now rather than the range immunity? Angelic feather could be interesting but not enough people play PTR so its hard to test anything effectively.

Anyone going to take mind control? Its definitely such a strong ability and perhaps could do well against the unfearable resto shamans? I've been using it on the PTR and it has been great so far.

I know they are afraid to overbuff discipline because of PvE (wouldn't this be a good thing?) so we probably won't see disc as the top healer for a while.

#14 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postaedeki, on 04 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I know they are afraid to overbuff discipline because of PvE (wouldn't this be a good thing?) so we probably won't see disc as the top healer for a while.
disc is the strongest healer in pve atm so they actually need nerfs lol

#15 aedeki

aedeki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 04 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

disc is the strongest healer in pve atm so they actually need nerfs lol

Atonement definitely needs a change, its simply too passively effective.

#16 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

DKs getting better is really scary for disc. As for the hype , I played PTR and just don't see it because everything you can do is either negated or done better by another healer(with the exception of massdispel)
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

yeah dks are pretty much immortal on the ptr with the conversation toping them, and well no battle fatigue so i think vanguards cleave will be really strong maybe, atleast its a joke on the ptr with 300k flash heals

#18 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

For me, the phantasm nerf really hurts disc and steals some of its already lackluster utility. Although often used as a self peel/escape tool, I frequently use it to alow me to run into the open to land CC without being instantly switched to and blown up.  Paladins, shamans, and druids all have ranged CC (sure, paladins have to spec into fist/repentance), and monks have other abilities that make switches to them less appealing (unhittable after a stun, teleport, etc).

I really hope Bliz reverts the change for disc.
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

#19 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 07 February 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

DKs getting better is really scary for disc. As for the hype , I played PTR and just don't see it because everything you can do is either negated or done better by another healer(with the exception of massdispel)
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I suppose we'll be forced to run with DKs ourselves and just hope that our DK can outmongoloid the enemy mongoloid.
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostViolatrix, on 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

For me, the phantasm nerf really hurts disc and steals some of its already lackluster utility. Although often used as a self peel/escape tool, I frequently use it to alow me to run into the open to land CC without being instantly switched to and blown up.  Paladins, shamans, and druids all have ranged CC (sure, paladins have to spec into fist/repentance), and monks have other abilities that make switches to them less appealing (unhittable after a stun, teleport, etc).

I really hope Bliz reverts the change for disc.

i hope it gets reworked to work as an aura mastry for shadow or maybe ye the range / caster tool it is now, but abit more balanced, like longer cd on the talent itself or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<