Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

I hate these generalizations. You take a pool of 11 million people, and you honestly think that every single one of them besides reckful, swifty, and athene is going to end up with a minimum wage job? I know some incredibly bright people, people that go to top notch universities (Bailamos is cheering somewhere), and people that may change the world some day. Obviously you weren't being completely literal, yet it feeds onlookers and stereotypes, and perpetuates ignorance.
Sorry but what does going to a top notch US university mean? All it means is one person has a rich family that gives a damn about their kids education / looking good and it's very likely that that person is not there because he is very hard working and intelligent.

In Europe, majority of the schools are free but are extremely hard to graduate from. I graduated from a from an institute of technology in Europe. We had 35+ hours of classes every week plus very time consuming assignments. The average combined marks of my class was 4.4 out of 6 and if you didn't have 4.0/6 average you had to repeat the entire year, if you failed the second time, you would get dropped out.Also note that every exam was extremely hard and minimum 3 hours. I think me and every single person I knew at school had 6.0/6.0 maybe 4 times.

I can comment on NA universities too because I did my grad work here, in a "top notch" university. The undergrad people take 4-5 courses, which is usually like 12-15 hours/week. The assignment marks are way too significant, so people pay/cheat too much and the exams questions are similar to the questions in the books/assignments , so it's difficult to fail, also 60/100 is a pass. Actually most people get 90/100 all the time.

So I can tell you that we had some awkward / douchy people sure but everyone in my 4th year class was smart. I have met many people back when I was doing my masters, they had degrees from very prestigious universities, even top of their classes etc, but they weren't bright as much.

I wanted something less stressful and easier, that's why I chose a NA university, that's probably how I got 130 days played on wow lol.
On the other hand, if you spend sometime checking the richest people list, you'll see that most haven't gone to university or just dropped out.

Edited by Djandawg, 04 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#43 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Sorry but what does going to a top notch US university mean? All it means is one person has a rich family that gives a damn about their kids education / looking good and it's very likely that that person is not there because he is very hard working and intelligent.

In Europe, majority of the schools are free but are extremely hard to graduate from. I graduated from a from an institute of technology in Europe. We had 35+ hours of classes every week plus very time consuming assignments. The average combined marks of my class was 4.4 out of 6 and if you didn't have 4.0/6 average you had to repeat the entire year, if you failed the second time, you would get dropped out.Also note that every exam was extremely hard and minimum 3 hours. I think me and every single person I knew at school had 6.0/6.0 maybe 4 times.

I can comment on NA universities too because I did my grad work here, in a "top notch" university. The undergrad people take 4-5 courses, which is usually like 12-15 hours/week. The assignment marks are way too significant, so people pay/cheat too much and the exams questions are similar to the questions in the books/assignments , so it's difficult to fail, also 60/100 is a pass. Actually most people get 90/100 all the time.

So I can tell you that we had some awkward / douchy people sure but everyone in my 4th year class was smart. I have met many people back when I was doing my masters, they had degrees from very prestigious universities, even top of their classes etc, but they weren't bright as much.

I wanted something less stressful and easier, that's why I chose a NA university, that's probably how I got 130 days played on wow lol.
On the other hand, if you spend sometime checking the richest people list, you'll see that most haven't gone to university or just dropped out.
For graduate education the US is unsurpassed by any other country. There is a reason all the Asians come here and don't go to Europe. There is a reason all high-profile professors in the EU have PhD's from American Universities. The undergrad system in EU is more brutal course-hour wise, but it required way less effort beyond that when compared to a US undergraduate program.

As far as the cheating, easy part goes don't even mention that ever again because you will be laughed at; there is no such thing as an academic honor code in EU. In the US students take the said code very seriously and cheating is almost non-existent in any top school - they literally hand you the exam and let you go w/e you want to complete it and after the time limit has passed you just go back and hand it to them without anyone even thinking of cheating.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#44 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

copyright DNAW

#45 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostBraindance, on 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

For graduate education the US is unsurpassed by any other country. There is a reason all the Asians come here and don't go to Europe. There is a reason all high-profile professors in the EU have PhD's from American Universities. The undergrad system in EU is more brutal course-hour wise, but it required way less effort beyond that when compared to a US undergraduate program.

As far as the cheating, easy part goes don't even mention that ever again because you will be laughed at; there is no such thing as an academic honor code in EU. In the US students take the said code very seriously and cheating is almost non-existent in any top school - they literally hand you the exam and let you go w/e you want to complete it and after the time limit has passed you just go back and hand it to them without anyone even thinking of cheating.
My points are for undergrad eu vs na, top university vs top university and getting a degree from a top EU university is extremely harder unless everything has changed over last 4-5 years.

#46 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 04 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

My points are for undergrad eu vs na, top university vs top university and getting a degree from a top EU university is extremely harder unless everything has changed over last 4-5 years.
It's simply different - EU universities push tons of course hours while US ones go for less course hours and a significantly higher workload for home. Simply a different approach. The thing is in the US you have some freedom on how you allocate your classes, while in the EU you are just flooded with courses (I had to take about 68 different courses in 5 years for my undergraduate degree rofl).

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#47 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

talking shit about people who donate, is almost the same thing to talk shit cuz you like pepsi or coke is pointless...

people do w/e the fuck they want with the money, you can be smart and sell then stuff
or be even more smart and make then give it to you (like church do)

about going fotm or not, just lol if you enjoy playing a good class/spec, why not? or if you enjoy beating your video game, why not?

im a disc priest because even losing every game i get more fun playing it than other classes..

#48 averuki

averuki
  • Junkies

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostBraindance, on 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

GUYS , This is a thread about Reckful playing on his rogue against KFC...

#49 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postaveruki, on 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

GUYS , This is a thread about Reckful playing on his rogue against KFC...
Ye sorry derailed to outer space lol

#50 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2324

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Very nice game play and communication like always

#51 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1875
  • 3v3: 2674
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

this smokebomb here gives me some time to reiterate that if you're not going to donate more than 30 cents, i receive nothing
Posted Image

#52 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostBraindance, on 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Ye sorry derailed to outer space lol

he made a Reckful and spaced out :D

#53 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 04 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

That's pretty much why a lot of rogues are where they are. We don't have access to the best players in the world like some one does.
are you comparing yourself with Reckful?
Edit: Very nice games, looking forward to more :D

Edited by Omglockzorx, 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#54 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

are you comparing yourself with Reckful?
Edit: Very nice games, looking forward to more :D

Nah, not at all, but if I had access to players like that, I wouldn't be stuck at a 2k bracket in every three's team that I have played this season.

and I'm sorry, he was basically getting almost one shotted every game he played as a rogue and blew all his defensive's pretty early on. If it wasn't for Cdew or Talbadar being on his team, he would of never gotten that high with his rogue at all.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#55 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Couple interesting videos.  Even though he is playing with 2 phenomenal players, the most concerning thing is that even as the best rogue in the world (though maybe a little rusty and undergeared), he was nearly getting globaled vs those teams.  Shockwave's cooldown going up should help, as well as better gear and an upcoming damage buff.  The main concern for a lot of rogues is that it feels like you don't contribute much, especially when still gearing up.

Sadly, this isn't season 3 anymore.

#56 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

It's really easy to bash on someone when they fully put themselves out there for everyone to see. I've known Reckful for years, and he loves interacting with people. He's not acting on his stream, he's just being Byron. Regardless of what you think of how he played - I would choose no other person to play with. That includes you, Khuna.  Reckful is one of the few players who truly understands what's going on and knows what needs to be done defensively to survive. Sure, he needs to work on some things on his Rogue. He knows. These are some of his only arena games on his Rogue throughout the expansion. He did exactly what was necessary to survive. Disappointing to see such negative feedback.

On another note: donations are a fine way to run his stream. People generally leave funny messages or ask questions. If you don't like his stream... don't watch. I think he does a great job entertaining his audience.

#57 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

hm lol? why would u tell me that

#58 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Just to conclude the University talk, the way to get into a prestigious college is to be a minority, and/or/not limited to have a story like your dad died of cancer when you were 4 and you lived off a low income single mom.  Although you still have to be significantly above average, something like that will get you in a college that someone with twice your qualifications who is white and middle/upper class would get (plus you get to go for free basically).  Also native Americans can get into college for free.

#59 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

View Postkhuna, on 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

hm lol? why would u tell me that

Because screw you khuna, thats why.

#60 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

View Postdjp771133, on 05 February 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Just to conclude the University talk, the way to get into a prestigious college is to be a minority, and/or/not limited to have a story like your dad died of cancer when you were 4 and you lived off a low income single mom.  Although you still have to be significantly above average, something like that will get you in a college that someone with twice your qualifications who is white and middle/upper class would get (plus you get to go for free basically).  Also native Americans can get into college for free.
This is ArenaJunkies not Times Higher Education - enough with it loloololol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reckful, rogue, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<