[Shaman] Healing Vs KFC

Healing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Manchman

Manchman
  • Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

So the issue im having is when im facing a KFC (warrior/hunter/healer) i just have such a hard time catching up healing. Mainly because all their cc is instant.

An example scenario is when i play WPS for example. The KFC lands 1 trap (priest is busy beeing stunned) and out of the trap follows silence shot + web + usually warbringer.

By this time my priest is close to dead.

Any suggestions? i tend to try to use capacitator totem + projection to land hexes on warrior but it just isnt enough

• Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2384

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

hi, WPS is a very strong setup when it comes to allowing their healer to either have uptime to heal or for them to last long enough without u healing at times (but it causes CD's to get used at time u might not want them to). i tend to notice many KFC's usually stun the SP when i get scattered, u have a number of options in this setup.
1) intervene by ur warrior on the scatter
2) mass dispel by ur priest
3) priest grips u when u get scattered (keep in mind u might get stuck in a shockwave after that though, and if there isnt much distance between u and the priest from the point he gripped u then ull just wander back to the initial point u got scattered to)
4) let ur warrior shockwave the hunter when u are scattered.
5) place a grounding totem somewhere far from ur team mates + in range of u + out of LOS from the hunter (but still hunter pets have a skill they can use to drop ur grounding totem)
6) some hunters dont glyph scatter when facing WPS so try fake casting a hex on the warrior and when he reflects hit him with a flame shock, that way if the hunter hasnt glyphed for scatter ull be able to dodge scatter+traps+warrior fears.
7) if u realise all of the above isnt working and ur team mated are in a complete stun/root/cc/silence or whatever it is in the first scatter that u get always, then be at a distance and pop and earth elemental.

many setups dont get the liberty of sooo many options. u will get trapped sooner or later wether u like it or not, but ur setup can also survive for a very long time without u, yes even vs a KFC.

when u get trapped and u got nothing else to do but sit it, think of whats gonna happen to u next, does hunter have silence shot up? (yes) ok, can i afford to get silenced out of this trap? (team member hp really low?) if yes then eat it, if not then start spamming spirit walker grace so u dont get silenced after the trap and ur able to pump in some heals.

dont be afraid to burn ur cooldowns but make sure u use them right, KFC's arent a setup i tend to last long vs as WPS, they either rape us or we rape them, 2min fights, 3 mins MAX. thats for me atleast, and i usually have no more cooldowns left by the time the game ends and thats how it should be.

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

That is some excellent advice +rep.

Only thing I would add from a warrior point of view, try to stay in range and in LOS of the warrior so he can intervene the traps.  You should both communicate positioning about this.  A good hunter will try to drag me away from my healer, so I'm out of range or out of LOS, web me while disengaging towards my healer and scatter/trap.  I can still get the trap sometimes, but it's a lot harder and a lot of the time I don't get it.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postjubitor, on 09 February 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

hi, WPS is a very strong setup when it comes to allowing their healer to either have uptime to heal or for them to last long enough without u healing at times (but it causes CD's to get used at time u might not want them to). i tend to notice many KFC's usually stun the SP when i get scattered, u have a number of options in this setup.
1) intervene by ur warrior on the scatter
2) mass dispel by ur priest
3) priest grips u when u get scattered (keep in mind u might get stuck in a shockwave after that though, and if there isnt much distance between u and the priest from the point he gripped u then ull just wander back to the initial point u got scattered to)
4) let ur warrior shockwave the hunter when u are scattered.
5) place a grounding totem somewhere far from ur team mates + in range of u + out of LOS from the hunter (but still hunter pets have a skill they can use to drop ur grounding totem)
6) some hunters dont glyph scatter when facing WPS so try fake casting a hex on the warrior and when he reflects hit him with a flame shock, that way if the hunter hasnt glyphed for scatter ull be able to dodge scatter+traps+warrior fears.
7) if u realise all of the above isnt working and ur team mated are in a complete stun/root/cc/silence or whatever it is in the first scatter that u get always, then be at a distance and pop and earth elemental.

many setups dont get the liberty of sooo many options. u will get trapped sooner or later wether u like it or not, but ur setup can also survive for a very long time without u, yes even vs a KFC.

when u get trapped and u got nothing else to do but sit it, think of whats gonna happen to u next, does hunter have silence shot up? (yes) ok, can i afford to get silenced out of this trap? (team member hp really low?) if yes then eat it, if not then start spamming spirit walker grace so u dont get silenced after the trap and ur able to pump in some heals.

dont be afraid to burn ur cooldowns but make sure u use them right, KFC's arent a setup i tend to last long vs as WPS, they either rape us or we rape them, 2min fights, 3 mins MAX. thats for me atleast, and i usually have no more cooldowns left by the time the game ends and thats how it should be.

^ some excellent advice.  WPS is definitely one of the best comps to get the proper peeling done to make sure you get out and stay out of traps from KFC.

View Postardnut, on 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

That is some excellent advice +rep.

Only thing I would add from a warrior point of view, try to stay in range and in LOS of the warrior so he can intervene the traps.  You should both communicate positioning about this.  A good hunter will try to drag me away from my healer, so I'm out of range or out of LOS, web me while disengaging towards my healer and scatter/trap.  I can still get the trap sometimes, but it's a lot harder and a lot of the time I don't get it.

^ Good as well.  Also from the healer perspective, on maps especially like Nagrand; try to position yourself out of LoS of the hunter while still in LoS of the priest.  This will throw them off and will start to mess up their interrupt timer rotations as they won't be able to silence/web/scatter when they want to etc.

#5 Votlol

Votlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959
  • RBG: 2342

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hello there. The advice in regards to the basics of avoiding and negating traps exemplified above is consistently important when playing against KFC. A rule of thumb I'd like to follow is that if you do not have at least one or two traps negated using one of the above methods, it should be prioritized as something to improve after a loss. However, not every trap will be eaten or negated and the first trap is often one you are left to sit (enemy cds are ready ie silencing shot on the md and root on the warrior before intervene, etc.).
A few small things are just think about earth shocking one of the dps in spare time, maybe get a hex off on one of the dps to force trinket, bm, or reduce pressure / prolong the match (assuming the pressure isn't too high). Try to healing stream when you realize a trap is coming so it's healing through the cc duration, maybe try to healing tide as well if it's a lot of pressure,
As for the big things that really help out: using link early is super crazy amazing good vs KFC. You can't choose when to link really, and so vs something that trains your dps all game with tons of cc on you, it's tough to use it sometime and not lose the match thinking "wow, i didn't even get to use all my cds (link)." If you hold it you'll find you may have to use trinket just to get the link off. Not only that, but link also obviously has positional requirements of you and your team, and often early in the match your team is closer together. Link also negates some cc by breaking some and working its magic through the duration of the cc (ie if you link and get hojd your spriest is still getting the benefit of the totem almost negating the hoj). Linking early can cause you to really turn the pressure around quick if used at the right time (when you would otherwise have to pop another cd), and it allows your priest to hold disperse which is amazing. I like to have my teammates use their cds only when I'm in a full CC, otherwise I try to negate the enemy pressure / cds with my own (Ascendance during reck, etc). Sometimes when sitting a trap ill tell my team mate i'm going to link right out of the trap / silencing shot that will probably follow so that they don't use their disperse etc.
The other advice I have is really take advantage of unleashed elements/unleashed fury. You obviously eat a lot of CC vs this comp so use this spell to really pick up your teammates when you can actually cast. Don't use UE then get scatter trapped, instead save it for after the trap and silencing shot, and get a big surge or ghealwave (situational) on your team mate.
Oh yah, and pillar hump a lot with healing stream and popping out for riptides and surges out of range / line of the hunter when you can in order to just make it difficult to get that trap and introduce the real pressure (but don't hinder your ability to keep your teammate up because of this strat; don't let them fall to 50% then get trapped and be forced to have them use a cd merely because you were avoiding trap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Healing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<