AV Preform Enabler == Bans?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

Uh, so today I heard from rumors that AV Preform Enabler people were getting banned, the time of the rumor was around 4 days ago. Has anyone heard any new information about this?

#2 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:34 AM

Yes, clearly a type of mod that has been out for 7-8 months, been asked about 50 times has became ban able in the last 4 days without anyone else noticing this.

#3 Rollyat

Rollyat
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

Shadowed said:

Yes, clearly a type of mod that has been out for 7-8 months, been asked about 50 times has became ban able in the last 4 days without anyone else noticing this.

Because Blizzard never lets something go for an extended period of time and then busts everyone at once.. right?

He asked a pretty simple question.. not sure what the emo response was all about.

I haven't heard anything about it though, to answer your question.
Where have all the cowboys gone?

#4 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

It gets asked about at least once a week on the UI & Macros forums, theres been multiple posts from Blizzard that beyond cross faction communication they don't ban normal addons that use lua, xml, toc files because they can break it at any time, and if an addon like this did become something they suspend you for, you'd have heard about it a lot more.

People start stupid rumors about addons all the time, usually to cover up being banned for something entirely unrelated.

And you're confusing yourself, they mass ban people who use 3rd party programs not addons.

#5 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

Shadowed said:

It gets asked about at least once a week on the UI & Macros forums, theres been multiple posts from Blizzard that beyond cross faction communication they don't ban normal addons that use lua, xml, toc files because they can break it at any time, and if an addon like this did become something they suspend you for, you'd have heard about it a lot more.

People start stupid rumors about addons all the time, usually to cover up being banned for something entirely unrelated.

And you're confusing yourself, they mass ban people who use 3rd party programs not addons.

Thanks for the clear up, I didn't believe they would start banning people right now without question or warning. There wasn't any sticked posts nor was there an Official post in the UI & Macros forum. I looked through the PvP Discussion and there was nothing. I figured post here would be the best for an honest and quick answer since I don't wanna deal with BS posts on the other forums.

#6 Shadowed

Shadowed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:56 AM

http://forums.worldo...mId=11114&sid=1

"Mods FAQ (AddOns, UIs, Interfaces) - READ" -> Contents -> Legal, two Blizzard quotes + a description of what makes something an addon vs a 3rd party program.

#7 keLston

keLston
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

Why would they ban you for a mod that does essentially the same thing as pressing join as group?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<