Help

Why should victims be immune to blame?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#81 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

The coat, well known armour against the sexual predator. It is pretty hilarious that you can accuse me of constructing a straw man in one breath and then conform exactly to this supposed straw man in the next breath.

Oh, and of course you make a completely bogus armed robber analogy. In your situation a man is posing a threat to armed robbers, the armed robbers kill him. Okay you admit that this would be gratuitous use of violence but the smart thing would be to just not attack armed gunmen. This would be a passable analogy if you could easily identify rapists or if women posed a threat to rapists, or if a rape scenario is anything similar to armed robbery.
Posted Image

#82 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostKelustu, on 04 February 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

You're smarter than that, don't just throw out retarded strawman arguments. No one's saying that any rapist should be absolved of any blame, punishment or guilt whatsoever in any circumstance. HOWEVER, it is also unarguably possible that a woman that puts herself into a poor situation should acknowledge that poor choices were made. I see all these women rallies with girls saying that they should be allowed to walk around with almost no clothes on, drunk out of their mind, by themselves and not fear getting raped. Yes. They should. Nobody is saying otherwise (except for the rapists). I am saying, however, that rapists exist, and armed with that knowledge, maybe you should at least bring a coat to the party so you can cover up on your way home, get a cab there or sleep there and go with friends? Again, if the girl chooses to go against all of those things, the rapist should still have his dick cut off, but she shouldn't be sitting there acting as though nothing she did put her in harms way over other girls who aren't in harms way. She made poor choices, it's time to be an adult and own up to it.

It's the same thing with the armed robbery example. If you charge four armed robbers while unarmed, you're going to get shot and likely die. No one is saying that the robbers are absolved of any guilt or blame here (you fucking idiots are getting hung up on the notion that blame is zero-sum, it's not), but that nobody should be saying "oh, that poor man, he was just getting cash from an ATM and he got shot!". No, the fucker charged armed robbers without a weapon on him. That was moronic and he deserves blame for his own death/injury.
Rofl.  You deserve death.

Not taking proper precaution (i.e. scandalously dressed) has fucking zero, nota, ziltch, to do with blame and responsibility...are you getting this yet?  You cannot be held responsible for someone else's actions if you have done nothing to them.

The two examples the OP gave were really not comparable to the robber scenario and this is what illustrates his raging autism.  Yours is indicated by how you cannot see the difference between the two and are determine to have a conversation and debate with yourself with scenarios that did not even get brought up/aren't comparable.

Now go lock yourself in a room and continue hating your life.  Come back when you stop spewing out stupidity.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#83 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

#damn

#twowords

#84 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

i have autism because somebody else made an example and my examples weren't relevant to them in my thread?

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#85 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostThedream, on 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

i have autism because somebody else made an example and my examples weren't relevant to them in my thread?

He's calling Kelstu autistic.

But now you're autistic for thinking he was calling you autistic so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.
Posted Image

#86 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 04 February 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

The two examples the OP gave were really not comparable to the robber scenario and this is what illustrates his raging autism.  Yours is

i was the subject of the sentence...therefore the his was referring to me.  him calling kelustu autistic was the next sentence because he is quoting kelustu and saying "yours"

does this mean you're autistic, br?

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#87 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

All I got out of this is that sooner or later i'm going to be called autistic. Good thread. Would participate again.

#88 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

basically :/

you're lucky you weren't called autistic already

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#89 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

autism general
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#90 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 04 February 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Rofl.  You deserve death.

Not taking proper precaution (i.e. scandalously dressed) has fucking zero, nota, ziltch, to do with blame and responsibility...are you getting this yet?  You cannot be held responsible for someone else's actions if you have done nothing to them.

This is probably why you're an engineer. You can't get past the fact that blame/responsibility as an idea and not a legal matter are not absolute ideas and that actions have consequences. Yet, you're furiously mad that other people are trying to help get this through your head.

You're just stuck on that concept, it's actually kind of sad. You're acting as though I'm saying that dressing scandalously is causing somebody to get raped. I'm saying that we operate with a set of facts and knowledge in our lives and that it is NOT a perfect world no matter how much you want it to be, and that the actions you take have consequences. Life. Isn't. Fair. That means that you have to operate under the assumption that, guess what? LIFE ISN'T FAIR. Operate that way, you're free to do whatever you want whenever you want, but don't be fucking shocked when it bites you in the ass. You can argue all day about what degree of blame and what circumstances and trivial bullshit, but to argue that making poor decisions and ending in a bad situation leaves no responsibility on the party that got themselves into a situation, knowing that we live in an non-perfect world, is simply unarguable.
Posted Image

#91 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostThedream, on 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

No, you're an autist because your examples were shit and not controversial at all.   He's an autist because his scenario and argument is not the same as yours, yet he thinks it is.

Can you understand this or should I slow it down more?

View PostBloodriot, on 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

He's calling Kelstu autistic.

But now you're autistic for thinking he was calling you autistic so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.
Actually I was calling them both autistic so I guess this is proof of your autism, not only that but TheDream LOL figured it out and you didn't ...roflrofolrofl you so dumb BR ROFL

View PostThedream, on 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

i was the subject of the sentence...therefore the his was referring to me.  him calling kelustu autistic was the next sentence because he is quoting kelustu and saying "yours"

does this mean you're autistic, br?
---------------------------------

View PostKelustu, on 04 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

This is probably why you're an engineer. You can't get past the fact that blame/responsibility as an idea and not a legal matter are not absolute ideas and that actions have consequences. Yet, you're furiously mad that other people are trying to help get this through your head.

This sentence is terribly constructed, please work on that.

Are you saying that I am addressing blame/responsibility as an idea or a legal matter?

Personally I don't think they are mutually exclusive.  If it was the former that would be more indicative of a lawyer than an engineer...but I imagine both would come to the same conclusion (because they aren't autistic).

You're right.  I'm furiously mad.  I wish you were here right now so I could show you some of your action-consequence theory, you LITTLE PUNK BITCH!!!

You're just stuck on that concept, it's actually kind of sad. You're acting as though I'm saying that dressing scandalously is causing somebody to get raped.
No I'm not, but you being autistic I could see why you would want to make up an imaginary point to debate.

I'm saying that we operate with a set of facts and knowledge in our lives and that it is NOT a perfect world no matter how much you want it to be, and that the actions you take have consequences. Life. Isn't. Fair. That means that you have to operate under the assumption that, guess what? LIFE ISN'T FAIR. Operate that way, you're free to do whatever you want whenever you want, but don't be fucking shocked when it bites you in the ass. You can argue all day about what degree of blame and what circumstances and trivial bullshit, but to argue that making poor decisions and ending in a bad situation leaves no responsibility on the party that got themselves into a situation, knowing that we live in an non-perfect world, is simply unarguable.
It is not simply unarguable, you argument is simply retarded.  There is no blame or responsibility for someone else's actions.  

You live in a dangerous neighborhood. You walk out of your house.  You get shot.  You're partial to blame for not dressing properly and wearing a bulletproof vest.  Is this the type of logic you are advocating?

but kids remember, Life isn't fair, Life.Isn't.Fair.  Oh Kelustu it's okay bro, you'll make it.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#92 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

There is one undeniable responsibility, and that is the responsibility of rapists not to rape.
Posted Image

#93 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

my examples weren't controversial? if anything they were too controversial what the fuck

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#94 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Of course they weren't controversial, they were bog-standard victim blaming clichès
Posted Image

#95 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

cool

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#96 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#97 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

its ironic because calling my examples not controversial is actually making them controversial XDDDD )))))

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#98 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

"Fuck yea.  Kelusu is the only one to agree with me !!!CONTROVERSIAL ACHEIVEEEDDDDDDCC!!!!"

Posted Image
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#99 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Please say that in the voice like the werewolves had in twilight.

for reference:
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#100 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostBloodriot, on 04 February 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

When I see naked women in the street the sexual desire courses through my veins and I enter into a heightened state of reality, my vision gets enhanced, blood red passion builds and I set the woman in my crosshairs, she is about to be raped and I cannot stop myself, the masculity I feel is overwhelming.

DAE think all women are whores?

View PostBloodriot, on 04 February 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Do you think the clichè bounces off the keyboard into the head and then shoots down the arms and fingers onto the computer screen, or do you think it is rattling around the lofty attic of Colleeda's head before tumbling down and forming itself on the computer screen?

Dude, I love you.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<