• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2832
  • 5v5: 2039
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi, I've posted a video before asking for some advice on hunter, but it was kind of short and only showed wins.

Here is a link to a saved vod from my stream. There is a lot of losses and I know I definitely screwed up a lot, like deterring at wrong times, not landing traps, etc.

Please try and give me advice on how to get better and fix my mistakes. This is my first season as hunter so I'm not that experienced, but I'm not trying to use that as an excuse.

Also, if my teammates are making mistakes you notice, it would be nice to hear about those too.

here is the vod:
http://www.twitch.tv...k95/b/362750719

Games start at 4:30 or so.

But yeah, just skip around until you see gameplay to avoid the que times and in-between times.

And I know this is AJ, but please try to keep the trolling to a minimum. I know, you probably think I'm, terrible nd should uninstall or whatever.

These games are at 1850-1920 or so MMR.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#2 taxitall

taxitall
  • Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

STOP USING GLADIATOR LOSSA

View PostGlink, on 01 February 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

I know, you probably think I'm, terrible nd should uninstall or whatever.

Honestly nothing wrong with being bad and asking for advice but gladiator lossa fuck, the whole point of arena is you the player to use your awareness not fucking have a robot call that shit out for you.

Honestly biggest advice I can give you is to turn gladiator lossa off or quit arena download dbm and just raid, same experience 2bh.

#3 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

^ that so much

1st game:

So mongo... Should be on priest not warrior. No reason to trap priest. silencing shot his first vt if you want to stop damage, and trap shaman. They stacked on top of you and the shaman fell, perfect time to explosive everyone off. You didn't need to jump down, you would've had better positioning staying up top, Hard casting powershot with a full focus bar at the end and at 20% hp, You also disengaged into the wall twice. Your druid didn't clone once. At the beginning of the match your warrior could've shockwaved then feared aswell.

2nd game:

You like to go down for some reason, you were in a nova but you could've master's called to get out easily. I just noticed you've been powershot these games and you don't use it in your opener, which can be extremely effective. You get deeped up top but used your bm to early, save it for that first cc you probably wouldn't have needed deter there if you did. Druid uses EVERYTHING and drops, you explosive the warrior off but then jump when you could've stayed on top of bridge and just strafed left. Saw 1 clone that game.

3rd game:

They push you and blow everything in your face, would've literally been the most clutch explosive. Warrior reflects your trap. You get the kill. 1 clone again

4th game:

Gimme, but you scatter warrior lol.

5th game:

Good start, on the right target. Get most cds. Your druid is literally standing in the priests face. You let focus fire fall off instead of using it. Powershotted priest and were just standing there tunneling and not peeling for your warrior. You rarely use concussive it's an excellent peel. Again one clone.

6th game:

Good start, didn't use powershot again though. Didn't use focus fire, and try to tranq shot more. Mongo damage. lewl

Work on your cd usage, if you're gonna play powershot use it.. otherwise just go glaive toss. Save bm for that first cc so you can be more of a hero. Work on your positioning, watch tosan play and compare your vods to his or any other high rated hunter.

Edited by Execx, 01 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#4 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2832
  • 5v5: 2039
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Posttaxitall, on 01 February 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Honestly nothing wrong with being bad and asking for advice but gladiator lossa fuck, the whole point of arena is you the player to use your awareness not fucking have a robot call that shit out for you.

Honestly biggest advice I can give you is to turn gladiator lossa off or quit arena download dbm and just raid, same experience 2bh.
I had literally just installed it during that session because the druid said he wouldn't play anymore if I didn't (idk if you caught that) I never found it necessary or needed either, so I will probably remove it.

@Execlol Thanks a lot for the feedback, I am also new to using powershot (previously used glaive not, never really liked it). As far as disengage into walls, I may have done that unknowingly, but I use it to web and try to peel more instead of getting actual distance.

As far as focus fire, if they are LoSing and my pet is on them I won't use it because I'm not getting any shots off whislist my pet's attack speed will be decreased. But there are probably times where I could've used it so yeah.

I've also used BW at the start a lot because I'm really eager to get the trap off so we can go hard, and they usually stun me or something before I can get it or right after I scatter.

But thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll check out some of Tosan's vods I guess.

Does anyone know of any add ons, possibly a feature of gladius, to show when teammates are CC'd, when they trinket, etc. just like gladius does for enemies?
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Your teammates should call that stuff out. If they don't, tell them to do it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<