Pathy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hey guys,

we're playing s :priest: r :shaman: :warrior:  in 3s since 2 months now. After about 300 games I feel like me and my team are facing a wall. Our mmr jumps between 1950 - 2100 rating.

Sure we're not pro players but I think we're playing pretty solid. We all have 2.2 exp on various characters. And like we've seen at the Yaspresents tournament the comp is pretty viable.

Right now I think there's another aspect that makes reaching 2.2k extremly hard for us. Every team we're facing has T2 weapons ( almost everyone through RBG pushes but that doesn't change anything). The difference seems extreme in 2s for example you instantly recognize if a warrior has T2 wep or not. My shaman can tank a T1 warrior all day long but if he has T2 weap equipped It's merely a matter of time till he dies.

Has anyone else had those experiences with that "wall" or is it just us being bad? :(

#2 Hokaido

Hokaido
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

what comps do you have problems with? (except for kfc/kittycleave)
more information would be helpfull because we do not know what do you have problems with except with passing 2k

Edited by Hokaido, 31 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#3 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

With your team not having t2 and the other team possessing it creates a huge gear gap. Maybe try to do rbgs for 2,2 then continue progressing. There is a well known wall from 2-2.2k and its natural. You're not bad just undergeared.

#4 Pathy

Pathy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostHokaido, on 31 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

what comps do you have problems with? (except for kfc/kittycleave)
more information would be helpfull because we do not know what do you have problems with except with passing 2k

We have problems with:

KFC ( :paladin: :warrior: :mage: , every healer version)

They just train the shit out of me. I'm constantly sitting at ~30-40% life trying to Mass Dispel ccs of my shaman, shielding + prayer of mending myself, running around pillars, rooting and fearing enemy DD's but I can't put out pressure with the :warrior: + :hunter:  tunneling me ( shockwave, pummel, disroupting shout, warbringer, silencing shots...) The only thing I can do is put a silence on enemy healer when my warrior uses recklessness, 3 orb, shadowfiend and maybe a mindblast. But if they have half a brain they just use some deff cooldowns.
After ~5 mins we're out of cooldowns and die.

TSG ( :paladin: :deathknight: :warrior:)

Same like above, I can barely put out any pressure and they're just pumping their cooldowns into me. We almost never win, cause I'm just dying or my shaman runs out of mana because of the constant heavy pressure.

Godcomp ( :druid: :mage: :priest: )

Pretty even battle, we're usually training spriest to minimise their damage. After a short "fake switch" on the druid to force barksin, we collect 3 orbs and switch to him again with cooldowns sometimes he dies, but sometimes 10-20% dmg are missing to get the kill.
We tried to tunnel the mage like Flubba did in the finals, but somehow we can't get enough pressure on him.

Warlock comps ( :warrior: :warlock: :druid:  for example)

Not enough pressure to stomp the lock into the ground like KFC does, when the battle goes on for too long we get problems with the heavy pressure of the dots. Trying to pull the warrior behind a pillar to nuke him or a hard switch to the druid but anyway a hard comp when battle goes on for too long

View PostApsco60, on 31 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

With your team not having t2 and the other team possessing it creates a huge gear gap. Maybe try to do rbgs for 2,2 then continue progressing. There is a well known wall from 2-2.2k and its natural. You're not bad just undergeared.

That's what I thought off too, but RBG pushes don't come into consideration and it's pretty hard to find a RBG team without exp. and liverating. Guess we'll have to wait till next season :mellow:

#5 Hokaido

Hokaido
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

never mind, edited

Edited by Hokaido, 01 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<