Mistweaver Arena 5.2

Mistweaver Monk 5.2 Arena

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zuggi

Zuggi
  • Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I was just curious as what do you guys think about Mistweaver in arena next patch. I personally think they'd do pretty well in Cleave comps considering how aggresive Mistweaver can play with jab producing chi for heals, tiger palm restoring 1% mana and doing 100% more damage, and the new muscle memory passive (increases damage done by tiger palm or blackout kick by 200% after a successful Jab) and having pretty solid CC. I was just wondering with the upcoming changes and how chi works, do you think they'll be a good cleave healer in 5.2, or any comp in general.

#2 Heywoods

Heywoods
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 765

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostZuggi, on 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I personally think they'd do pretty well in Cleave comps

I agree.

View PostZuggi, on 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

considering how aggresive Mistweaver can play with jab producing chi for heals, tiger palm restoring 1% mana and doing 100% more damage, and the new muscle memory passive (increases damage done by tiger palm or blackout kick by 200% after a successful Jab) and having pretty solid CC.

I agree that our available CC's (ranged disarm, disable, ranged paralysis, aoe melee stun, Ring of Peace) and our gap creators (Chi Torpedo & teleport) make us a nightmare for cleave teams.

I disagree with your opinion that fist weaving is going to help against a cleave team, however. MW monks can't handle melee sitting on us like a Holy paladin can. You should be trying to use your CC, and gap creators to get away from melee, not brawl it out with them. Even with the 1% mana return on Tiger Palm, jab still costs 4% of base mana. Even with the free heal every 5 Tiger Palms you  still have to be taking hits from the cleave + waste ~10 GCD's for that one heal. Stick to healing orbs. They are the most mana efficient heal you have & are spammable. The most common reasons you will be using jab is for refreshing Muscle Memory so you will be ready to help the dps on your team for the next spike.

#3 Zuggi

Zuggi
  • Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

I see what you're saying, but by cleave team I mean playing in one, not against one, which is why I mentioned fist weaving. So like KFC, Thug cleave, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<