Jump to content

Searching for a job


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I spoke to my contact inside the company and he told me that the rumors were they wanted a female to fill the position to bring the geologist team closer to a 50/50 female:male.  Well wtf!  This pissed me the fuck off!  
To give you an idea there are usually about 12 men for every woman who graduate with a degree in geology, so why the fuck are these companies trying to even it up with a 50/50 split, a trend which numerous of my peers have mentioned.  Unfair and ridiculous going into interviews trying to make a fucking quota.  
Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).

#2 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8439

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

lol #swag
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#3 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • Posts: 4598
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

cool story bro?
Posted Image

#4 YOLO

YOLO
  • Members
  • Posts: 101

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Went to career fair and got asked a million specific, technical questions right on the floor there. That's fine, but when every girl walks up and gets asked personality/non-technical questions when they are in a technical field it's fucking obnoxious.

Being a white male blows.

#5 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 221
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

OMGOSH THATS SO YOLO LETS BELIEVE IN GOD NOW, SHALL WE? #CUTFORGOD

#6 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostBaklivaX, on 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

cool story bro?
More like fuck women in the workplace...get back to the kitchen.

View PostYOLO, on 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Went to career fair and got asked a million specific, technical questions right on the floor there. That's fine, but when every girl walks up and gets asked personality/non-technical questions when they are in a technical field it's fucking obnoxious.

Being a white male blows.
This reminds me of the one and only career fair I went to in 4th year.  After the presentations and shit they had basically rented a local pub where free drinks were given out.  The fucking girls in my field were just swarming the male recruiters and flirting hard core.  It was actually disgusting.

#7 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Where's Capers?

#8 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 11351
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

This morning I got the job offer and secured the position.  I'm glad the better candidate got the position rather than a quota being met.

grats br0
s a d b o y s

#9 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members
  • Posts: 1159

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

if it makes you feel any better if you came to Australia from Canada you might have died in the heat a few weeks ago

#10 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 3752
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).

I like this part the most.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good


#11 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3413
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

wow. check your privileges guys. sheesh
Posted Image


hope your new job works out well

#12 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

if it makes you feel any better if you came to Australia from Canada you might have died in the heat a few weeks ago
Naw, I'm from Ottawa.  We have a retarded range of temperatures from -45 with the wind to +45 with the humid-ex.

#13 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2305
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

dude so this is hella one long complaint about you getting a job?

#14 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

No, it's a complaint about how companies actually look for women, aboriginals, and minorities to fill positions when sex or race shouldn't even come into the equation when hiring.

#15 Verk6

Verk6
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 609
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

so you weren't nearly sexy enough for this position and want to brag about it

jokes on you

#16 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 611
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

ye this is very true

check this out (video)

Spoiler


#17 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

I spoke to my contact inside the company and he told me that the rumors were they wanted a female to fill the position to bring the geologist team closer to a 50/50 female:male.  Well wtf!  This pissed me the fuck off!  
To give you an idea there are usually about 12 men for every woman who graduate with a degree in geology, so why the fuck are these companies trying to even it up with a 50/50 split, a trend which numerous of my peers have mentioned.  Unfair and ridiculous going into interviews trying to make a fucking quota.  
Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).

Why did you edit it?  And congratulations.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#18 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostEnvenom., on 31 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

ye this is very true

check this out (video)

Spoiler
God, that is painful to watch.

View PostSykeasaurus, on 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Why did you edit it?  And congratulations.

It was a bit too detailed and ty.

#19 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2305
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

getting a job blows I've had a felony for the past 2 years and I was able to get 1 job like 15 months ago for 4 months before I got fired because they found out the charge I had, the rest of the time it's impossible because companies would rather hire highschool dropouts with no work experience over a felon.

#20 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Damn dude.  I love you

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<