Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Searching for a job


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I spoke to my contact inside the company and he told me that the rumors were they wanted a female to fill the position to bring the geologist team closer to a 50/50 female:male.  Well wtf!  This pissed me the fuck off!  
To give you an idea there are usually about 12 men for every woman who graduate with a degree in geology, so why the fuck are these companies trying to even it up with a 50/50 split, a trend which numerous of my peers have mentioned.  Unfair and ridiculous going into interviews trying to make a fucking quota.  
Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#2 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8412

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

lol #swag
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#3 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • Posts: 4597
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

cool story bro?
Posted Image

#4 YOLO

YOLO
  • Members
  • Posts: 101

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Went to career fair and got asked a million specific, technical questions right on the floor there. That's fine, but when every girl walks up and gets asked personality/non-technical questions when they are in a technical field it's fucking obnoxious.

Being a white male blows.

#5 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 221
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

OMGOSH THATS SO YOLO LETS BELIEVE IN GOD NOW, SHALL WE? #CUTFORGOD

#6 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostBaklivaX, on 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

cool story bro?
More like fuck women in the workplace...get back to the kitchen.

View PostYOLO, on 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Went to career fair and got asked a million specific, technical questions right on the floor there. That's fine, but when every girl walks up and gets asked personality/non-technical questions when they are in a technical field it's fucking obnoxious.

Being a white male blows.
This reminds me of the one and only career fair I went to in 4th year.  After the presentations and shit they had basically rented a local pub where free drinks were given out.  The fucking girls in my field were just swarming the male recruiters and flirting hard core.  It was actually disgusting.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#7 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Where's Capers?
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#8 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 11242
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

This morning I got the job offer and secured the position.  I'm glad the better candidate got the position rather than a quota being met.

grats br0
Posted Image

#9 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members
  • Posts: 1159

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

if it makes you feel any better if you came to Australia from Canada you might have died in the heat a few weeks ago

#10 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 3732
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).

I like this part the most.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good


#11 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3412
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

wow. check your privileges guys. sheesh
Posted Image


hope your new job works out well

#12 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

if it makes you feel any better if you came to Australia from Canada you might have died in the heat a few weeks ago
Naw, I'm from Ottawa.  We have a retarded range of temperatures from -45 with the wind to +45 with the humid-ex.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#13 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2305
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

dude so this is hella one long complaint about you getting a job?

#14 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

No, it's a complaint about how companies actually look for women, aboriginals, and minorities to fill positions when sex or race shouldn't even come into the equation when hiring.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#15 Verk6

Verk6
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 609
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

so you weren't nearly sexy enough for this position and want to brag about it

jokes on you

#16 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 580
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

ye this is very true

check this out (video)

Spoiler


#17 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7026
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

I spoke to my contact inside the company and he told me that the rumors were they wanted a female to fill the position to bring the geologist team closer to a 50/50 female:male.  Well wtf!  This pissed me the fuck off!  
To give you an idea there are usually about 12 men for every woman who graduate with a degree in geology, so why the fuck are these companies trying to even it up with a 50/50 split, a trend which numerous of my peers have mentioned.  Unfair and ridiculous going into interviews trying to make a fucking quota.  
Furthermore this job is really not for the light-hearted.  While there is a lot of time spent in the lab or at the desk a good part of the job is actually being down in the mine, which tbh, is pretty brutal conditions (think construction setting).

Why did you edit it?  And congratulations.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#18 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5620
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostEnvenom., on 31 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

ye this is very true

check this out (video)

Spoiler
God, that is painful to watch.

View PostSykeasaurus, on 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Why did you edit it?  And congratulations.

It was a bit too detailed and ty.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#19 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2305
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

getting a job blows I've had a felony for the past 2 years and I was able to get 1 job like 15 months ago for 4 months before I got fired because they found out the charge I had, the rest of the time it's impossible because companies would rather hire highschool dropouts with no work experience over a felon.

#20 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7026
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Damn dude.  I love you

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<