• Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/2/0/.
  • RBG: 1936

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostProtectah, on 02 February 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Johnaggro #1 haters hate
ya i no,its there mind set and no matter what video u do if its the best thing on aj,they will have shit to say about it asits all ready in there mind to hate

#22 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I wasn't hating, just as someone else pointed out there's no point trying to make tutorial videos when you're not the best (or anywhere near). I'm not saying you're any better or worse than me, but if I wanted to learn how to play a Paladin I'd look up better players than some random 2400 pala playing a melee cleave.

By all means create videos showing some cool games you had, but don't pretend that people should be learning something from you pressing your blind key, overlapping CC and having poor coordination with your team.

Also, in your video you 'teach' people to cast rep into someone and then HoJ them after. Surely it's always better to HoJ first and then Rep? That way your Rep cast can't get LoS'd / Kicked / Sacced by the Paladin. You've got poor coordination, communication and awareness, people shouldn't be learning from your bad habits.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#23 johnaggro

johnaggro
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

I wasn't hating, just as someone else pointed out there's no point trying to make tutorial videos when you're not the best (or anywhere near). I'm not saying you're any better or worse than me, but if I wanted to learn how to play a Paladin I'd look up better players than some random 2400 pala playing a melee cleave.

By all means create videos showing some cool games you had, but don't pretend that people should be learning something from you pressing your blind key, overlapping CC and having poor coordination with your team.

Also, in your video you 'teach' people to cast rep into someone and then HoJ them after. Surely it's always better to HoJ first and then Rep? That way your Rep cast can't get LoS'd / Kicked / Sacced by the Paladin. You've got poor coordination, communication and awareness, people shouldn't be learning from your bad habits.
well if u play a pala u no to cast rep a lot of the times cause u want to other pala to sac it big waste of a cd that why i cast it a lot,if he dont sac it u have him in a big cc after it and did i say i was the best pala out there no,i make videos to help as meany people as i can thats all i dont go in my videos i am pro this is how u do it,i just show what helped me to get rating,thats why i like doing them i enjoy it so notting i can do if i am not the best,i no some people will find things rong with it but look its the net at the end of the day i am not perfect,but thx for the comments man

#24 Iffyx

Iffyx
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Have to agree with Bieber here. What you're doing is a nice gesture if your true intentions are really to help people out, but unfortunately, if anyone actually takes your advice they'd be picking up on some pretty bad habits. There are a couple of great streams for Holy Paladins like Zilea/Flubbah, who are obviously better to learn from if just starting out. Like someone else said it's cool if you wanna make some vids showing your games, but being boosted by Braindeadly and then calling your vids "High rated Holy Paladin Tutorials" is bound to get you some hate.

Personally I think the AJ forums would prefer to see the numerous videos of you whining about that greek mage who kicked you out of a 2.2 5's team and then trolled you about it. He used to scream your name in a weird Irish/Scottish accent every time he solo'd a Holy Pala in 3's, was quite amusing.

#25 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Postjohnaggro, on 02 February 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

ya i no,its there mind set and no matter what video u do if its the best thing on aj,they will have shit to say about it asits all ready in there mind to hate

thats not true, we dont really hate on good videos, you just posted a paladin "guide" wherein the content is not just paladin being played poorly but the game in general. less people would hate if you were saying "these are my first pvp clips plz give pointers" but instead you have posted "I am a 2400 paladin here to teach you how to play".

these are actually just terrible when used as a "guide", and its tough to even understand how you could watch these clips and decide that you should use them as an example of good play. you actually play so slow that you miss a ton of gcds for no reason which is absurd because that means your effective apm must be less than 40. the fact that you suggest that you need to backpedal in order to look at the screen is just retarded as well, and suggests that you dont even know how to control your character properly.

but hey take it in stride re watch your videos and use it as a chance to improve.

you are 2400 playing this bad imagine how high rated you will get playing properly!

Edited by Seu, 02 February 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#26 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Watching a Paladin heal is probably the most boring perspective in the game, and that's coming from somebody who heals as a Paladin.  I think healers in general just aren't as much fun to watch.

That said, I noticed some of the same things the others noticed...but I don't think it's that big of a deal.  Backpedaling randomly when you're healing someone doesn't really affect anything, and if you aren't comfortable using 3 different binds for everything you do then you shouldn't do it.

I tried for the longest time to get used to having 3 different buttons that do the same thing, only to different targets. I could never get used to it.  Would it be slightly faster to have 3 different binds?  Possibly, but it never was for me.

The truth is that this website is not friendly to people who create content for WoW.  It used to be that there were new written and video guides coming out weekly for different classes/specs, now somebody posts something like this and it's instantly critiqued by people who won't have access next season.

Like this guy above me.  Your third post after getting access was "SO BAD LOL" directed at somebody rated 400 points higher than you.

Edited by Nightmonkey, 07 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#27 johnaggro

johnaggro
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 07 February 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Watching a Paladin heal is probably the most boring perspective in the game, and that's coming from somebody who heals as a Paladin.  I think healers in general just aren't as much fun to watch.

That said, I noticed some of the same things the others noticed...but I don't think it's that big of a deal.  Backpedaling randomly when you're healing someone doesn't really affect anything, and if you aren't comfortable using 3 different binds for everything you do then you shouldn't do it.

I tried for the longest time to get used to having 3 different buttons that do the same thing, only to different targets. I could never get used to it.  Would it be slightly faster to have 3 different binds?  Possibly, but it never was for me.

The truth is that this website is not friendly to people who create content for WoW.  It used to be that there were new written and video guides coming out weekly for different classes/specs, now somebody posts something like this and it's instantly critiqued by people who won't have access next season.

Like this guy above me.  Your third post after getting access was "SO BAD LOL" directed at somebody rated 400 points higher than you.
i no man aj is gone shit,the min a video goes up and the min they see one little part rong in it they go ur shit this is crap,but the rest of the video might be good and they say notting about it,i make videos cause i like doing it and if one person likes it i dont mind,its a thing i love doing and i just dont lissin to kids that rage,cause i no ajs is like that,thx for the comment man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<