grepher1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Guardian 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2345

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I was just a bit curious on some other opinions on whether or not Jungle cleave is a viable comp. Some backround info real quick so I don't get the standard, "you suck l2p comp is fine" response. Last season, me and my hunter friend played jungle to the top 10 in the world compwise(as arena junkies reported the rankings), and we were the 2nd highest rated jungle with a priest.

So, what do you guys actually think about jungle this season? So far my experience with it was that it does fine against everything EXCEPT KFC. I queued the other day with a fully geared paladin, I(the feral) am in full malev with T2, with just the weapon upgraded so far, and the hunter is in 5/5 malev T2, 2 off pieces and the rest dreadful and the pally is malev T2 upgraded.

It just feels like I take way too much damage. We queued into 2 of the highest rated KFCs on our BG piloting T2 toons, and everytime they went on our hunter, even in blue gear, we won 100% of the time. As soon as they switched me though. My damage was shut down, I couldn't get any instant clones, and I take absurd damage.

Against everything else, save FPS we did fine. Against god comp we can force a block from the mage no problem, and then pop CD's for the kill. Anything with a rogue is over when the rogue trinkets. TSG is easy to kill the DK. FPS is a super hard matchup because I can be CC'd for days even when I shift instant hibernates, and shadowmeld important CC.

So what do you guys think about jungle, and if you have any experience with the comp or are just fantastic at theory crafting, what are we missing out on or what would you suggest we do vs. KFC and FPS.

TL;DR - Jungle feels fine against everything but KFC and FPS, any opinions on the comp, or suggestions on strats vs those 2 teams?

#2 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 2476
  • 5v5: 1934
  • RBG: 2119
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hey, just a bit of background on me first. I ran jungle to rank 4 at 2900 bg s10  s11 i was 2500 with it as disc and rshaman variant.

Currently I believe the comp is fine, you can get glad with it. It just required your team to do a bit more lockdown when facing KFC.
FPS on the other hand u should lose to 90% of the time because its a counter. However it isn't unbeatable but I would suggest you avoid it all together.

I would suggest Hpal Jungle Cleave, the feral will be the main target by all if not most KFC's and you will have to try and cross/cc and kite/pilar at any sign of pressure on you. Remember to hold trinket for a stunlock that can kill you, currently it feels the only time a KFC does land kills on me is when im warbringer>shockwaved.

Also with ferals having Fae silence, your hunter can silence shot blanket dps/your openers on mages so your team almost guarantees a block instantly. BM/Feral can also create quite an amount of damage to a healer so it is infact better than it was in past seasons for this reason alone.

Edited by rob-hype, 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#3 grepher1

grepher1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Guardian 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2345

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thank you very much for your response, it is much appreciated.

First off, when you say cross CC what did you have in mind? We tried rep on pally, scatter-trap on warrior, kill hunter, but we couldn't live long enough in order to get enough off to get rid of all their CDs. Every 20 seconds, I eat 7 seconds of warbringer --> shockwave, and they force major cooldowns on basically every one.

#4 Ubaka

Ubaka
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I ran this comp this season to 2390 (Would have been able to push way higher but ferals computer died an hasnt been back all season) The comps biggest weakness was against FPS mainly because of the offensive purges an instant CC/Dispels can be very tough if you dont cross CC perfectly. Everything else it does fine against. Against Kfc when they train the feral the hunter has to use his CC to properly peel Reck Avatar when you get locked down. If you run with a paladin like i did then the hunter using his scatter traps stuns blinds roots on the warrior is fine because of the rep that the paladin can get on the enemy Pally. Junglecleave is one of those hunter comps that the CC just feels endless whenever it connects and most of it is pretty unstopable if lined up correctly. It also has some of the best peels an excels really well in the late game because of the constant damage and CC.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

KFC RPS FPS JUNGLE MOST ALL DIE

#6 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Dpriest Jungle can be good because the priest gets cyclone.

Being able to consistently keep the fight at 2v3 is huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<