trolololz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nagrand
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hey.

I saw the changes and they are pretty good, you think affliction will be more competitive next season ?
I guess we can have some rank one comp as RLS or shadowplay ?

I was at 2400 MLS at the beginning of MoP and then i stopped because i got bored with warrior OS macro, feral and upgrade system.

I sold my account but i wanna make a new fresh lock before new season, what do you think ? Worth come back ? 5.2 will be better than the start of MoP ?

Edited by trolololz, 30 January 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#2 Dotstar

Dotstar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yeah for sure its going to be better than start of mop rls and shadowcleave are going to be strong. and i guess shadowplay as well

#3 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

afflic still needs more defense and some kind of aoeish snare. if this doesnt happen, we will still be gimped outside of comps that howl swap for healer kills.

#4 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like blizzard really doesn't want to buff locks? They give major changes to other classes but we get these little crappy buffs that won't make a difference :/

#5 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostFilthpig, on 30 January 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Is it just me or does it seem like blizzard really doesn't want to buff locks? They give major changes to other classes but we get these little crappy buffs that won't make a difference :/

-the fel armor change will help but its not enough.
-demonic sac is nice but the pets are so squishy and they have no healing so i dont think its very valuable.
-the change to glyph of UA is a major nerf imo. I like how they buffed the dmg on UA dispel by 14%, but I would much prefer the current UA glyph that does crit dmg to both targets.
-one things really needs to be changed is our Talents in the Blood fear tier. There is no viable option here and tbh they should just put howl in this tier in place of any other option so we can choose to have death coil or shadowfury.
-lastly, can we please get an old shadowflame type snare pleaseeeeeeeeee.

#6 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 30 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

-the fel armor change will help but its not enough.
-demonic sac is nice but the pets are so squishy and they have no healing so i dont think its very valuable.
-the change to glyph of UA is a major nerf imo. I like how they buffed the dmg on UA dispel by 14%, but I would much prefer the current UA glyph that does crit dmg to both targets.
-one things really needs to be changed is our Talents in the Blood fear tier. There is no viable option here and tbh they should just put howl in this tier in place of any other option so we can choose to have death coil or shadowfury.
-lastly, can we please get an old shadowflame type snare pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Its a buff as the current glyph will be baseline...
Also if they change burning rush to have a lower health cost it will be extremely strong (constant freedom at the cost of health)

#7 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostMethacus, on 30 January 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Its a buff as the current glyph will be baseline...
Also if they change burning rush to have a lower health cost it will be extremely strong (constant freedom at the cost of health)

source? because i do not recall seeing anywhere them saying the current ua glyph would be made baseline.

#8 Raik1

Raik1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Warlock
- Blood Fear is now Blood Horror and is a 4 sec horror effect instead of a fear. It otherwise works as it does on the PTR.

I'd really love it if we could have howl and or coil/sf.
"Tosan go back to your 5's and stick there you 6'1 130 pd Brachiosaurus dinosaur looking scrub" - Johnrambo

#9 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostRaik1, on 30 January 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Warlock
- Blood Fear is now Blood Horror and is a 4 sec horror effect instead of a fear. It otherwise works as it does on the PTR.

I'd really love it if we could have howl and or coil/sf.
yeah that would be a marvelous change i'm sure every warlock wants

#10 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

http://us.battle.net...17_2013#classes

(though i might be wrong about the backlash on both targets) (still 100k+ dispel that also silences the healer is still a major buff)

#11 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostMethacus, on 30 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

http://us.battle.net...17_2013#classes

(though i might be wrong about the backlash on both targets) (still 100k+ dispel that also silences the healer is still a major buff)

thank you but no where in those notes does it say anything about how UA will function as the current ua glyph does. therefore its going to only function the way those notes indicate it will :)

#12 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

How exactly is this: "Unstable Affliction’s backlash effect is now always a critical hit and deals approximately 15% more damage." different to the UA glyph with the exception of it not doing damage to the target itself. A 4 second silence together with over 100k damage on the dispeller is quite a big buff imo as it opens up swaps to the healer all the time. ( If he dispels himself, you go trollolol and just soulburn soulswap onto him again)

#13 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

it being a buff is questionable, the old glyph did more damage overall.
the new ua is essentially a 4 second silence on healer with X + 0.15X damage on healer while the old was X damage on the healer and X damage on the dispelled target.
lets pretend X is 100k[its never really that high]
is 115k damage on healer + 4 second silence worth 100k damage on dispelled + 100k damage on healer?

#14 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostMethacus, on 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

How exactly is this: "Unstable Affliction’s backlash effect is now always a critical hit and deals approximately 15% more damage." different to the UA glyph with the exception of it not doing damage to the target itself. A 4 second silence together with over 100k damage on the dispeller is quite a big buff imo as it opens up swaps to the healer all the time. ( If he dispels himself, you go trollolol and just soulburn soulswap onto him again)

you proved exactly what i was claiming in your post. The current glyph does critical damage to the target and the dispeler but no longer silences. The patch UA will will do critical dmg to the dispeler and silence them. No damage will be done to the target. How exactly are you still claiming they are the same? its really simple reading. im not trying to sound like a jerk here, but you are making no sense.

#15 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I like the new UA glyph, now give back eradication for super fast UA casts like they used to be :(

#16 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

View Postmajorblood, on 31 January 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

it being a buff is questionable, the old glyph did more damage overall.
the new ua is essentially a 4 second silence on healer with X + 0.15X damage on healer while the old was X damage on the healer and X damage on the dispelled target.
lets pretend X is 100k[its never really that high]
is 115k damage on healer + 4 second silence worth 100k damage on dispelled + 100k damage on healer?

It will be hitting for around 100k or higher with next seasons gear, Also dont forget that a 4 second silence means 4 seconds of no healing, which (assuming no crits from dots on 2 targets and having a ssj felpuppy hitting something) is around 70k damage that a healer has to heal up after the 4 seconds of being useless. Aka the damage portion isnt even being nerfed that much (if its even nerfed at all)

#17 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

hope it's gonna be good

#18 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

how is the actual rotation for afflock in 3on3? popping trinkets and using instant dots on all 3 targets? or casting the first dotline with UA into CoA into corruption?

rota is UA, CoA, corruption, haunt, malefic grasp if above 25% life?
when do you channel drain soul? haunt still buffs the 4x dmg of drain soul at targets below 25% with 20% more dmg?

and how is your haunt management since it costs so many soul shards? how to get enough soul shards back without channeling drain soul all the time?

someone still using lifeleech?

thx ;)
Posted Image

#19 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.

Edited by DkH.ZeRa, 13 February 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Soul Leech  is bugged on PTR atm?? I don't see any shields / buffs or whatsoever on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<