• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

From mmo champion

Cross Realm Arena Teams
It would definitely be cool to team up with friends who are playing on realms other than your own for arena. A while back, Ghostcrawler said on Twitter that he would also like to see cross-realm arena teams in World of Warcraft, however at this point in time we don't have any plans to implement a feature that enables you to search for or create an arena team cross-realm.

I don't think this would be too difficult to implement with all the other cross realm stuff they already have in the game.  It just goes to show they really are not that bothered about arena and it's all about RBG's. :(
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#2 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well, they have focused a lot more on balancing classes and stuff like that this expac. So maybe it's just like a prioirity thing. As much as I'd like to play with my real life friends on other realms and such, I think in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather just have a good feeling of balance within the game over anything else.

#3 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well, they have focused a lot more on balancing classes and stuff like that this expac. So maybe it's just like a prioirity thing. As much as I'd like to play with my real life friends on other realms and such, I think in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather just have a good feeling of balance within the game over anything else.

As much as the new pvp pannel :/

No for real it would be fucking easy for them, they just think about money i guess (leaving realms to get r1/glad on others realms is making them a lot of money, but usually more about reaching friends on other servers to play together)

#4 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I've got to agree with the two of you.

As much as I feel it would open a lot more doors for Arena, I'm leaning more towards class balance at this time. I must say though, I don't think it would take much on their behalf to implement cross-realm teams, with the one obvious exception that they will lose out on profit.

#5 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I think this would be great to but you know what would be easier (though not as convenient) fix? Allowing BoA to actualy be bound to account instead of server. I have no problem having toons on several servers or starting over but with out boas its a real pain.

#6 Baracuda1337

Baracuda1337
  • Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostFistagon, on 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've got to agree with the two of you.

As much as I feel it would open a lot more doors for Arena, I'm leaning more towards class balance at this time. I must say though, I don't think it would take much on their behalf to implement cross-realm teams, with the one obvious exception that they will lose out on profit.

Are you sure about that? Not everyone pays up and keeps playing, lack of cross-realm arena made me quit the game and I won't stick around for long after an X-pack release until it's released.

#7 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

The problem is the battlegroup system. Switching team leaders, which bg is now active etc. Would open up a ton of exploits probably if the system is not implemented proper. Better to wait than having another season of madness. In my opinion each season should end with a region wide 3v3 tournament and the winning team gets the rank 1 title and no one else.

#8 RavageDionne

RavageDionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 26 March 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

The problem is the battlegroup system. Switching team leaders, which bg is now active etc. Would open up a ton of exploits probably if the system is not implemented proper. Better to wait than having another season of madness. In my opinion each season should end with a region wide 3v3 tournament and the winning team gets the rank 1 title and no one else.

Rank One should be barred for anyone who changes realms. /agree
Sucks if you change your realm.

Enter the nightmare, this future does implore,
A techno city state, a prison nothing more.
Rounded up like cattle, you're forced in to the trains,
Nothing that you've ever known will bring you so much pain.

Posted Image

#9 Tornsoul

Tornsoul
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

As previously stated, probably a matter of priorities - getting crossrealm arena teams means merging BGs or something similar, which in turn would mean modifying how you get r1 and/or gladiator.

We've seen great changes in the last few months. This one should definitely be on their to-do list!

#10 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostTornsoul, on 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

As previously stated, probably a matter of priorities - getting crossrealm arena teams means merging BGs or something similar, which in turn would mean modifying how you get r1 and/or gladiator.

We've seen great changes in the last few months. This one should definitely be on their to-do list!

I don't think it would be that difficult for them because the RBG system already works like that, so they probably already have the technology in place.  I tweeted Holinka about 2 days ago asking about it and he said "no news".
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#11 Schwert

Schwert
  • Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

No idea why this isn't a priority due to multiple servers being almost devoid of activity and on multiple battlegroups there being one large central "hub" realm dominating the rest.

I can't up and leave everybody I know on my current realm to transfer to play with between split between Tich, Emerald Dream and Sargeras; And I know multiple people who have quit because they can't make the choice or want to.
It was even worse when I was stuck on a realm devoid of all PvP activity what-so-ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<